63 coaches online • Server time: 23:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you joining [B] in the new client?
Yes i will join, I played [B] in the old client also!
53%
 53%  [ 68 ]
Yes i will begin to play [B] because of the changes in the ruleset!
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
I will stick to [R] because i like to pick my games
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will stick to [R] because that's where the majors are
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
I will play both [R] and [B]
17%
 17%  [ 23 ]
What is [B]???
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 128

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i am highly amused at your choice of words, combined with your "i'm innocent!" tone....

--j

ImageImage
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Resarf wrote:

as for the end oppos turn button: it's fine,stuff like "It might also be better if the end turn is automatic. i.e. If the person say "sorry phone" then you can press the button to stop his turn from ending. If you get fed up waiting you press it again and the turn ends. " is ridiculously nitpicky. If you're too lazy for one mouseclick you really shouldn't be playing should you?

If you are going to have 2 and 1 minute games I'd prefer it to be automatic. If you only have 4 min games then it's not a big deal.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
i am highly amused at your choice of words, combined with your "i'm innocent!" tone....

--j

Since it's easier to have you throw a tantrum, I will settle with amused.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, On1 isnt BillBrasky and nor is he responsible for his crimes.

[B} isnt responsible for his crimes either.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow, you said like 5 pages ago that you were gonna lock this garbage. Why is it still not locked?

~Robert Wilensky

http://thespoonybard.mybrute.com/
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree with the statement that [B] is more competitive than [R], If anything it's less (and in any case [L] is the most competitive division).

The [B] Majors don't have the same draw and whilst I applaud the innovative ideas that PC has brought in, some of the qualifiers for the recent Wheel of Chaos were a bit of a joke. You can only see the top 10 BBR and your own so even less people care about it than CR and there are far less small tourneys than in [R].

Also if someone decides to make a clearly uncompetitive team that is only designed to destroy teams and not even try to score then they can freely do so in [B] and won't have any difficulty finding a game.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 pmed me to ask about my earlier post so I have added his message and my reply below.

On1's message:
YOU SAID: Here, here. Right now I'm sat looking at a dry gf and almost made a bb team but after listening to On1 just couldn't bring myself to do so.

Would you be a sweetheart and paste the stuff that made you change your mind? I have read my comments through and i have found no offensive towards anyone in them.... it's sort of annoying to make a comment like that, not pointing out what is wrong...

The only reason i do not ask you in forum.. is because i don't think you would reply Sad I hope you reply to this though... Have fun...

My reply:
Hi tbh I prob shouldn't have named you as you are merely a small part of the reason, so for that I'm sorry. It wasn't just comments in that thread either - that thread simply felt like one more example. There's two elements I find irritating. Firstly the 'ranked is for losers/cherrypickers' brigade, which is far from being everyone, but seems to be a fairly large proportion. The second is the constant advertising where threads that have nothing to do with it are hijacked with comments like 'Come to the box and you wouldn't have this problem' or the even more obvious 'Why not play in a real game like the box' etc. It gives me the same reaction I get from cold callers; annoyance and contempt and an absolute determination to not buy their product and it does feel like the box is a product being shoved down my throat by salesmen more often than not. I actually like the idea of the box if both divisions went on their merry way for a bit without the above I would probably give it another try at some point. Hope this has helped explain my views and sorry I named you. I'll put this in the thread along with your message as a kind of public apology.

Malmir
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank's for the reply and apology accepted. I understand how that can be annoying,

I think this statement by JanMattys contains universal truth on the subject:

JanMattys wrote:
The Box is excellent at what it does. It's just that what it does is not everybody's cup of tea.
The box lovers love to imply that those who do not embrace the box are pixelhuggers and wimps. The ranked lovers imply that the box lovers are often just a bunch of sharks trying to lure new preys into a kind of game they wouldn't be able to play in R as easily.

Both are of course right about single cases, and very wrong (and, I believe, in bad faith) whengeneralizing. But I guess that goes without saying.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I disagree with the statement that is more competitive than [R], If anything it's less (and in any case [L] is the most competitive division).

I would guess that the 'most competitive' argument is refering to open games rather than tournament.

I will openly admit that in [R] I have played games where the [b]ONLY objectives of the game are to get my MNGers back and take no further injuries.

In such a game scoring or winning have no importance what so ever. It's no big deal to lose the game. That may cost a point of FF but that is all.

Stalling out the entire second half to avoid having to line up again is a valid tactic.

Some people (maybe a lot of people) see official tournaments as 'the season' and open games as 'pre season'. Winning is nice but not the main objective compared to 'making weight' and staying healthy.

If coach who only plays around 2-4 games a week then after their league and tournament commitments they might only have 1 or 2 games to prepare for the next tournament. So they can't take any injuries. And they may well have a fit if you deal any out. Wink

So, you might even land a coach who doesn't even want to play at all that night. The only reason for the game is those MNGers.

I don't think that anyone is seriously saying that all [R] games are cherrypicks but if you get a coach who is 'being careful' the game may no be much fun. Especially if you like fouling Wink

And I'm not a [B ] or [R] coach I'll play any division on any platform.

Quote:

The [B] Majors don't have the same draw and whilst I applaud the innovative ideas that PC has brought in, some of the qualifiers for the recent Wheel of Chaos were a bit of a joke. You can only see the top 10 BBR and your own so even less people care about it than CR and there are far less small tourneys than in [R].

Also if someone decides to make a clearly uncompetitive team that is only designed to destroy teams and not even try to score then they can freely do so in [B] and won't have any difficulty finding a game.

The relatively small number of tournaments in [B ] might actually be a good thing. Though it could do with a more prominent (and a new monthly?) rating.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

B needs, three day long, one game a day at a set time, SMACKS!!!
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2010 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

How bout monthly majors? Wink
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2010 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
How bout monthly majors? Wink

That would reduce the importance of Majors.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2010 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If anything, there is a reduction in play on site to the point there is an argument for removing official tournaments, not adding more!
 Jump to: