28 coaches online • Server time: 08:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Quote: And viola, its dead.

The idea of a musical instrument bringing down blackbox made me chuckle.

Smile
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Like many others, I would normally only play B [or stunty]. But now Im mostly playing the new client and waiting for B to be transferred/restarted. I have no interest in playing on the old client when there is a new one available. The idea of B is far more attractive to me than R.

Old teams, they mean nothing to me, its the game that counts. I would retire all my teams anyway when "The Change" occurs and start afresh regardless of what policy the site offically follows.

Right now Im practicing - and waiting. Many others are doing the same I think. B is not dead - it has already moved to the new client - just not yet with the scheduler...
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Some [B] coaches are testing the FFB client while some have stopped playing, because the FFB client will be implemented at some point and cause a reset (yes i know christer aka the riddler made a clever comment in some thread about team conversion.) Arm yourself with patience, and wait for the FFB release. (you could even help getting rid of the bugs)

I really hope [B] will be reset completely, not because i deleted all my [B] teams prematurely, but because i think it fits [B] since it's a somewhat young division.
Jonah

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just too much unadulterated bash in box (that's what she said). Seriously limited tactics past tr180-90, just block, guard, mb, claw/rsc. Orc blitzers go for dodge on a double to be an anomally and that's about it. Not surprized it's struggling, as is. May be summer but imo box is seriously limited.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be happy to see the Box move over to FFB now ..then I'd start playing FFB. Reset doesn't bother me either way though it would be nice not to have to think of new team names.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope it doesnt die. When FFB Client arrives, BlackBox is gonna become the BEST VIDEOGAME EVER.

<turboraton> arghhh
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Box wont die.....It probally just wont be as big as the fans of the Box want it to be.

It took years to finally kill off faction, that div was the monty python black knight of divs and it took and act of god, christer, to finally put it out of its misery.

Box is no were near the level of inactivity as the old faction.

Faction is not dead.... its just... erm sleeping, yes sleeping! .... nurse my pills, I need my pills <sob>
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

.. I didn't hear much people whine about the end of F...

anyhow... I kinda resent the original statement... that box has lost participants

Site use per month
When I look at this I see all in fumbbl major drops in players... ranked is in big trouble too and if you check the gamefinder once in a while you will see the truth about it.... Minors channel is completely dead. Now the majors still raise interest... There happens to be a a major right now... figure what the temporary increase will mean.
Kind of noticable is the lack of drop in League what can be explained that league participation is a more constant thing and people can't just drop out...
This hasen't risen in Numbers... It just hasn't shrinked and Box now happend to fall under it's level.
Then there is FFB wich has indeed increased numbers since it didn't exist before.... Box is the joungest division and the people who went there were mostly those that wanted innovation in the system, something improved or even just fresh. The conservatives would rather stay in R what they were used to, preferring LRB4 anyways. Box with the more flinking nowhere home players would of course move to FFB and leave box behind. Once it is conversed to FFB it will rise again... but never in the glory it had at it's best times...
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Box is the joungest division and the people who went there were mostly those that wanted innovation in the system, something improved or even just fresh. The conservatives would rather stay in R what they were used to, preferring LRB4 anyways.

I reckon this is a good analysis.
KJG

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To me it's pretty obvious that it is FFB that has taken people from B. I don't personally find it that meaningful to play FFB until it's officially launched, but I'm sure B will become more popular once it changes to FFB.

Of course, having played B a while people might get fed up with the bashy teams. On the other hand, if you play R it's the same only the other way around. Bashers only get to play bashers and elves only play elves, which is sad. I would like to see some system in B that controls the number of teams from each race and adjusts the proportionality. For example, if you wanna starta a new team and you necessarily have to play orcs or khemri, you might have to wait until there's only a certain number of active teams from that race. There should be a queue for this. Not saying that there should be AS many halfling teams as orc teams, but there should be a quota of some kind. A little bit fascist, perhaps, but then a little bit of fascism might be good. Coaches playing in B are already used to not getting to decide whom they play, so not getting to decide what team to play, or rather, being forced to choose a less popular (read bashy) race, might not be such a drastic step.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I was playing 5-10 BlackBox games a day, before I decided I needed a break.

I wouldn't mind trying to revive it Smile
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ go BillBrasky. I have a week off soon, so i'll be on 3-4 games per day too.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

KJG: It should be done not by team but by game (some teams are more active than others) ..I don't actually think it's a good idea though Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't a lot of Euros on that magical six week vacation thing y'all do over there? What is the number of active users online vs the number of matches being played? If there has been a dip in number of players on, that historically happens during the summer months (winter for you, Southern hemisphere weirdos), then that should account for some of the dip. I admit, that I'm playing a lot more league and have been dabbling in the new client.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2010 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We're not actually away for the whole six weeks Smile

(if we even have them, I know I don't)