54 coaches online • Server time: 16:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Used to be. Getting to CR200 now would be all but impossible even if you were some pick hungry swine; so I guess that is the period he meant.

Anyway, I can see the thrust of Pmg's argument. The whole 'Blackbox purity' stick does work both ways, you have to play what's infront of you. Bringing CR / BWR into it is however the reddest of herrings. The environments aren't the same in terms of teams / coaches / races, so it's not apples and apples.

Quite why we're going around this B / R / Merge / Split loop again is beyond me, mind. Wink

Christer has spoken, case should be closed.
Pmg

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

After the rating formula changed and the ranking reset all our 210-220 ratings were obviously dead. My highest rating with the new formula was #1 with 187 rating or something like that.

No Elo, no rankings.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The whole 'Blackbox purity' stick does work both ways, you have to play what's infront of you. Bringing CR / BWR into it is however the reddest of herrings. The environments aren't the same in terms of teams / coaches / races, so it's not apples and apples.

I fully agree.

My comments were with regard to PMG talking crap. He stated that AV7 teams can't survive, when in fact they can do very well.

He also stated that the game were easier (when playing the same coaches and failing to achieve the same record), but if that's the case it's only because he 'chose' to take harder game in [R].

Anyway, the divisions are remaining separate, so I will remain happy in [B], where I am sure PMG will not be missed.
Pmg

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Suprisingly DukeTyrion passed to personal attacks in a regular forum thread. Oh wait... No.

Obviously i will play Blackbox, when there is such a thing, and not this travesti of a division where i could hardly find a game all day. I played 77 games because i could not find more and got bored. If there are majors and a ranking, I'm there.

I would miss you obviously, altough i am already married, you sound cute.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly PMG, I will have to pass on your advances, although I realise that will disappoint you.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Pmg - some of your points are more or less "wrong". Grinding ranking in [B} isnt any earier than in [R] and av7 teams are actually quite powerful in [B} (as long as you value winning).

On the other hand I agree with you that [B} will often hand you significantly easier games than you could ever hope to get in the same timeframe in [R]. This did not used to be the case. The original blackbox system matched people up according to TS and CR (to a limit of 15TS) which meant that alot of top coaches had to play alot of games at a much greater disadvantage than they were used to. Sadly this was not popular Sad

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Flix

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh i did not know they changed the system, it have to be TV and CR or a new Teamrating for future
nickaustin01

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2010 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
 Jump to: