39 coaches online • Server time: 10:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2011 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
RedDevilCG wrote:
Is there a place where we can see the up-to-date chance of winning for each race pairing?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=rankings

Is this actually up-to-date though? It doesn't seem to include the new races and it still uses TS rather than TV - a completely different weighting system. Wouldn't it be better to start a new one for LRB6 that uses TV? Then after a few months we might get an idea of how good TV and the inducement system is compared to TR/TS for arranging balanced matchups.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
It still confuses me though. Why does it drop more when you lose than it ever increases when you win? I'm just interested to know.

I think we're a while away from the number being of much use. There are so few games for the factor tables to use so they are a weird LRB4/6 off whack mixture, bashers are utterly dominating the division, bringing problems (for instance, anything as overused as Dwarves currently are will have an artificially low factor table position, due to the overuse, whereas one or two good Pro Elf coaches are likely giving that race an artificially high position), and there is this mix of TS and TV rankings going on, and that alteration in system can’t just have dropped into place as a direct replacement, or I expect it hasn’t.

I think perhaps the best thing to have done would have been a full reset of the tables pre switch, but I’ve no idea what’s happened in reality. Perhaps it can be retrofitted?
Igvy

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
zakatan wrote:
RedDevilCG wrote:
Is there a place where we can see the up-to-date chance of winning for each race pairing?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=rankings

Is this actually up-to-date though? It doesn't seem to include the new races and it still uses TS rather than TV - a completely different weighting system. Wouldn't it be better to start a new one for LRB6 that uses TV? Then after a few months we might get an idea of how good TV and the inducement system is compared to TR/TS for arranging balanced matchups.

No, this is the onld TV page. The new ratios are currently not avaliable. And they default to 50-50 in the formula if they don't have alot of data.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

I think perhaps the best thing to have done would have been a full reset of the tables pre switch, but I’ve no idea what’s happened in reality. Perhaps it can be retrofitted?

I may be wrong but i seem to remember woodstock saying that this has happened.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If that is the case, one down, some to go. Wink

I also noted that the magic first four game immunity isn't working, by design? I realise it was brought into [R] to protect against naughty Norse coaches a and b scamming newbie coaches with awful team builds for precious numbers (I did always wonder how those guys enjoyed themselves), but also because of the random bingo that is new teams facing off? Perhaps that could be why you aren't getting the bump you feel you deserve, Garion, if you're losing dicey games before you have a chance to skill players.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

C said yesterday in chat that the BWR formula is currently broken/not working as intended. So what I figure is woodstock is explaining how it will work/is supposed to work, and how its currently working is something else entirely. The BWRs of all coaches will be retrofixed when the formula is fixed, so there's nothing to worry about. I've also frequented <0.5 BWR gains from wins while losing > 3 BWR in a single loss.
 Jump to: