22 coaches online • Server time: 01:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2012 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking for advice on running a gobo team in the current edition. Here is my team.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=482068

For a fair game where gobos have a decent chance, what TV differential do you look for. Do you look for teams with a lower TV because gobos suck? Do you play up and try to hire stars (chainsaw)?

Have you skill choices changed with gobos?

Have your tactics changed with gobos?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2012 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You should ever try to play against teams higher TV 100+ than yours.
This way you can buy: 2 bribes, Fungus or Ripper.
Don't play against same TV teams, if you can.
I don't hire Nobbla, for a simple reason: if you roll a 1 when using the chainsaw he will likely injure himself.
You are better off investing 130k in 2 bribes, or Fungus + 1 Bribe.
Currently, some skills (Ball & Chain, Hail Mary Pass, Bombardier) are not working in the Fantasy Football client, therefore my personal suggestion is:
don't play Goblins until they fix those skills.
One more thing: don't play Goblins in Black Box, because you will be likely paired against a team having same TV of yours, and this is absolutely not good for Goblins.
Play them in Ranked only and challenge TV 100+ than yours, and try to keep them to TV 1350 max, or lower.
At higher TV they perform way worse than in the 1000-1350 bracket.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2012 - %23:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I played these goblins in LRB4, and rarely used the ball and chain or bombardier. No loss for me. How have the rules changes affected gobos. Have they affected gobos? I do however like my chainsaw.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2012 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The Chainsaw isnt great in a rookie gobo team because he doesnt have dodge. The ball and chain isnt working properly at the moment, but you are given a st7 goblin instead so still take one.

I have just started playing with goblins in ranked as well, feel free to watch some replays, i have won 4 out of 4 so far. I have been playin teams with equal Tv mainly, just because i have accepted all offers and cba to wait for the right opponent. But yeah in leagues being a TV underdog can help. Im not so sure if it does in ranked as much? but I have only played low TV with goblins here so im not sure.

edit: oh and here is my team - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=685486
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Until the bomber is fixed, the gobo team is less than it could be , the lOon not working properly isn't effecting it badly, but the bomber missing is tough to play over 1300-1400 tv, if they ever fix it, then the gobbos will be fun again, but until then stay bellow 1300, and never play a basher team.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2012 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit funny that neither pact nor lizards tried to block your trolls+fanatic line when both could get a 2d big guy block on the fanatic fairly easily. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: