29 coaches online • Server time: 08:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Red Rover fire their thrower?
Yes, he's a bloated mess, and you are dumb for not listening.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
No, he's one of only 3 players you have with STR3 and block. He's useful, so try to work him in more often.
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So, Red Rover (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=717322) is coming along nicely, despite losing a couple of stars along the way. Unfortunatly, I'm finding that I am not using my thrower much, and he's costing me a relative arm and a leg, as much as my star gutter runners.

I've been holding steady in the 1500-1700 tv range, without any thought for TV bloat, but now that a couple of my stars have been replaced with rookies, that thrower is looking more and more like a bit of a white elephant. I was told by many people not to use a thrower at all, and now I am seeing why.

So what will it be folks? Put Allen out to pasture or try to find a good use for him?
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 07:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

With those skills hes as good at retrieving the ball as a gutter runner. With the added advantage that you can keep him in your half on there drive as a sweeper/sacker.

Your tv is not insane yet i would keep him.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him... means you can have 3 GR's downfield and 1 in short range for a hand off if the throw isn't open... and yes, he's handy on defence!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

keep him. throwers with a mutation or a stat increase = good (debatable on +ma), otherwise not so good. btw i would always go with block first on a thrower.you may roll +ag or +st next and then you would regret accurate.
 Jump to: