28 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
golan

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,
some rules questions:

1) I block an enemy, I smash him on the ground and follow, I then roll for Armour; he had the ball, that scatters... on me! I fail to take the ball, and it bounces again and falls to the ground. Is it my turn-over, or not?

2) When the ball bounces, is it considered a "passage" ? If yes, can I use "catch" ability? If not, can I use "sure hands"? when I try to get the ball, do I have the +1 (like a passage) or +1 (like a pick-up) ?

3) If a big guy rolls to use his "pro" ability, but fails... can I use a team reroll for THAT roll ?

4) A fouling player has +1 on armour rolls (if not in enemy tackle zones). A fouling player that has the ability "dirty Player", when using it on armour rolls, gets +3 (that is 1+2) or only +2 ?

Thanks guys!

Golan
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

1) no, it's not.

2) yes. catch counts as a reroll on scatters and kicks. And I think it is a catch of a non-accurate passage.

3) yes on tabletop. Not in the client. You can't reroll failed Pro rolls.

4) only a +2

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

3) Not on table-top either, because it's a Big Guy. If it wasn't a Big Guy, then yes. But still not in the client.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mezir:

DOH Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

4) only a +2

Nope..it's +3

the +1 for fouling is JUST like the +1 for an accurate pass or the +1 for dodging, or the +1 for picking up the ball. You can add skill modifiers to those (like using the accurate skill)...same principle applies to Dirty player.

Also note that you get to use teh +2 from DP after the AV roll, so if you break the armor without using DP's +2, you get to use the +2 from DP on the Injury roll (the client does this automatically i believe)

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ad 1) It is not a turnover because a turnover is when...

- you fail to pick up the ball (not here obviously)
- you fail to catch a pass with a player of your team

The ball scatters onto your player so you try to catch (not pick up), you fail the catch, but as it wasn't a pass you don't suffer a turnover.

Just wanted to explain the "No, it's not" from JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:

Nope..it's +3

the +1 for fouling is JUST like the +1 for an accurate pass or the +1 for dodging, or the +1 for picking up the ball. You can add skill modifiers to those (like using the accurate skill)...same principle applies to Dirty player.

Also note that you get to use teh +2 from DP after the AV roll, so if you break the armor without using DP's +2, you get to use the +2 from DP on the Injury roll (the client does this automatically i believe)

I always thought Dirty Player INCREASED the normal foul roll to +2 instead of +1. I.e. it is not cumulative with the normal foul roll. (This is probably the reason it is +2 instead of +1 to begin with)

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
GorTeX wrote:

Nope..it's +3

I always thought Dirty Player INCREASED the normal foul roll to +2 instead of +1. I.e. it is not cumulative with the normal foul roll. (This is probably the reason it is +2 instead of +1 to begin with)

LRB wrote:
Dirty Player (General Skill) A player with this skill has trained long and hard to learn every dirty trick in the book. If he fouls an opposing player then add +2 to the Armor or the Injury rolls. Note that this skill can only be used if the player actually makes a foul; it may not be used if he is assisting another player who is making a foul. The Dirty Player skill may be used to modify an Amour or Injury roll for a foul, not both.

So, if the DP does not break the victim's armour with all valid assists (including his own +1!!!) he may add +2 to the armour roll. If he does not need the DP +2 on the armour he can put it on injurie instead, but not both.

Clear?

Jump to: