24 coaches online • Server time: 00:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should tournament news be allowed on the front page?
Yes
89%
 89%  [ 33 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

origami

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In the old days, tournaments would be announced on the front page. I liked this, as it gave a feeling of activity and community. It also made it easier to find tournaments, and for tournaments to find players. However, this was changed a while back, and tournament news was banished to the forum. Now, most of the news that we get is about somebody's player or team, which, while important to that person, is of limited interest to many of us.

I'd like to bring tournament news back to the front page. Does anybody else agree with this?
McCloud

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree whole heartedly with this idea. I have been around Fumbbl now for a couple of years and miss being able to get handy info about a tournament or two. Lets bring it back I say!

McCloud
Rebholz

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

this is an amazing idea! No offense to ChromeX, but I think I've heard ju-u-u-u-ust about enough about Wally, the hardest hitting orc and how he bit the dust, like two weeks ago. Tournaments will definately be bigger and better if nobody has to go looking for them.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yes I agree. I had the last tournament to be advertised and since then, recruitement got harder.

I know why they did remove it having talked to Grum about it:

-it made official news be removed too quickly. This can be overcomed by making restriction on news posting (e.g. running a first season before advertising; no right to advertise a lot, and so on.)
-Tournaments were growing to big.
I maybe got it wrong but "fumbbl is not a place to run your own tournament for friends" and "there will be ranked tournament instead". These two unvalid points are indicator that, at the time, they wanted to limitate tournaments in favor of R tournaments. Well R tourneys are not that bad, true, but far from the level of that runned in U, whatever the admin may think of it.

I want my advertising chances back! Support this proposition, fumbblers! Start Revolution!

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

At least having a bi-weekly or monthly news summary of the recruiting tournaments would be very helpful. Could this be part of the / a Community Reporter role?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I very good idea. Maybe, with a bit of nifty progging, there could even be a tournament page. It would be great to have it all summed up somewhere.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell Yeah!

Far more many people are interested in Tournament news, than news about deaths and retirements.