30 coaches online • Server time: 01:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
macike

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It is usual way that people gathering donations from pedestrians in the street give them in return a ribbon/badge/sticker. Whatever. This encourages others to donate also. Sometimes they see how many others have already donated. Sometimes they are embarassed that they have not so far.

I've seen an idea of 'FUMBBL Supporter' badge somewhere on the forum. I think it's not bad. Donator has no profit from it. It would be just Christer's way to say 'thank you' (for enjoying my stuff that I serve for free to so many others). A badge could last for week/month or it could depend on donation (week/month per $5 for example).

Let's show the others how many of us support FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Although that seems like a good idea, what about the people that don't have any income so to speak, and therefore can't afford to donate? would be a little harsh on those I think...

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Not like the people that can't afford to donate 5$ won't be able to play, and I doubt anyone would think any less of them for it. I also think it would encourage people to donate if you got a fumbbl supporter badge or whatever. Others would see it and be reminded that you can donate, would be good for the site.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, i donated this morning Wink
macike

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

mikafreak wrote:
Although that seems like a good idea, what about the people that don't have any income so to speak, and therefore can't afford to donate?

You are speaking about people connected to Internet. Usually it is not for free. On the other hand everyone can give up some cigarettes, snacks, whatever.
I understand that even $5 could be a lot of money for coaches in some countries. Don't worry. Nothing changes for them. They just won't have a badge.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 04:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm speechless.

Just checked my mail (which I haven't done in a while) and see a number of paypal notifications. I'm having a rather hard time in real life at the moment, so seing this gesture of gratitude couldn't have come at a better time.

Thank you all who donated. It's heart-warming to see.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you liked it... It was the least we could do...

Now, implement the "Fumbbl Supporter" idea... It is great...
=o)

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

just a tip for everyone donating - you're usually better off donating $10 once than donating $5 twice. I don't know exactly how the fee structure works with FUMBBL donations. but it usually seems to work out that way.

Hooray for Mika's reminder Very Happy

dannyrax

Post 7 Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope it helps.

Thanks Christer

-Al Pacino in Carlito's Way (1993)
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Heck ... never even played a game here and I try to donate once a year to the site ... just a thank you to Christer in my mind for running such a great site and for all the stats that he collects that I use for my work on the new rules.

Galak
spinball

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just donated, i feel that no site should get the money more. thank you chister
Angie

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow am speechless, but have to say a big thank you to all who have donated, I don't know about you, but I love this site, this to me is escapism at its best, from all of life's flaws.
thank you for helping to keep it running.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:

I've seen an idea of 'FUMBBL Supporter' badge somewhere on the forum. I think it's not bad. Donator has no profit from it. It would be just Christer's way to say 'thank you' (for enjoying my stuff that I serve for free to so many others). A badge could last for week/month or it could depend on donation (week/month per $5 for example).

How about medals for degree of support? $5 gives you a bronze supporter medal for 6 months, $20 gives you a silver, $50 gives you a gold.

$100 gives you a free niggle removal

LOL
Angie

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Am thanking all who have donated, and at the same time asking again for donations, the site is becoming so popular it is using up all resources, hence the lagging, dropping etc. Christer actually needs a separate computer specifically to run the server, just so as we can all carry on and play and enjoy this place. I will start with a $100 donation, anything from $1 upwards will help, no minimum, no maximum, just give what you can. Lets keep this place great and rocking.
Angie xx

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I will see what I can do. My next paycheck is going to be full-Yule/Christmas spending, so after my gifts are bought, I should have a couple hundred left. I'll see what I can afford to donate. I like having FUMBBL around, even when I lose. A lot. (damn you Synn) Wink
 Jump to: