41 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coalheart

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I open this thread so people who play tabletop BB can share their house rules.

I myself clasify house rules in the following kinds:

- Roster modifications (such as the use of allies or similar rules)

- On game modifications (including on pitch spellcasters and/or new injury tables)

- Tournament rules (rules that apply to a single tournament)

- For fun rules (the rest of nonsense)

The house rules I'm using lately can be found here:

http://es.geocities.com/net6q/bloodbowl/slaverlg.html

But we're considering on using a "game surprise" table

for example:

roll 1d6

1- No modifications
2- Trapped pitch*
3- Greased ball (-1 to catch and pick up the ball rolls)
4- Wild beast freed on the pitch (A minotaur. Starts on a random square next to the line and each coach gets to use it every turn).
5- Maddening drug (3 players of each team gain frenzy, dauntless and no hands).
6- Roll twice (re-roll any repeated result).

*under development (new table required)

Any more ideas? Please share your madness Very Happy

Coalheart's Blood bowl lair!
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thump!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the House rules page from my website...

Please enjoy and note me if you ever use any of them Very Happy

http://es.geocities.com/net6q/bloodbowl/newrules.html

Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember the specifics of the rule, but back when starplayers were permanent, I traded my humans in for high elves and then came up with a houserule (heh) to allow starplayers to be created by making one of your players into the star that could be rehired. Skills increased the cost of that starplayer and there was a little discount for the team that initially created that star.

Also, we used to randomly determine skill picks, unless you had a double, stat increase or 7. The 7 allowed you to pick a skill from your normally allowed selection (obviously DP most of the time, as it was +2/+2 in our league with SPP being awarded...)
toonook

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The league my mate and I ran, for the dungeonbowl I created a specific set of rules for it. I'll bookmark this sopot for a link once I've typed them up and have a link but I was quite proud of them. The main crux of the them was that the edge of the pitch was actually a rock wall, meaning that instead of being crowd pushed you got slammed up against the wall, also there were 4 2x2 square pillars that would move 1 square (randomly decided) after each turn. The pillars would knock anyone over that they came in contact with, you could slam players up against them like the walls, and they counted as having str 3 tentacles.

There was plenty more to it with unique weather table and kick off table, but I've never had as much fun in Blood Bowl as when my mate and I were willing the pillars to move towards or away from players. I think one of the dungeonbowl finals saw a star blitzer of mine get sandwiched between two pillars and killed, it was a long time ago heh.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yummy!

The wallslaming is applied by me and my friends in our Slavery cup... With funny results! (I killed the same player twice in the same roll: block+wall!!!)

coalheart

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The trapped pitch

I finally managed to put togheter some trap ruling Smile

At the end of each coach’s turn the opponent may choose any one player that hsa moved during this turn and make an unmodified roll with one dice. On any result of 2+ nothing happens but on a roll of 1 that player just set off a trap. Roll on the trap table and apply effects.

Possible Traps

Warp reality rift: Remove the player from play (and reality if possible). The
model counts as dead.

Crushing trap, this trap comes in two possible intensities:

-Player must take an agility test, else they are crushed to death or player takes an injury roll (choose one before the game or simply determine it randomly)

The player cannot perform no more actions this turn or next turn and loses it’s tackle zones as coughs and hacks through the gas cloud.

The player falls over if it was making a move action, roll armor and injury as per normal rules. Trip wires are such a devilishly device!

The hidden blade sprouts from the ground and makes a st6 mighty blow razor sharp claw attack against the player.

Hundreds of tiny darts tipped with venom blast upwards into the victim. Roll a dice: on a result o1-3 the player is ko’ed on a result of 4-6 the player takes an injury roll.

Spoinggggg!!!! The victim is hurled 1d6 squares in a random direction (use the scatter sheet). If it lands on the pitch it must make an agility roll to land safely. Otherwise apply normal rules.

Foul Waste. Victim is considered stunned for the next turn

A shallow pit of glue traps the player and he cannot move voluntarily until is knocked over or otherwise moved or until the end of the run.

Fireball Trap, make a fireball attack on the square the player is in.

This traps are inspired on the ones in the deathball 1.6 (A game by Chris Webb and Andy Foster).

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not let the players choose the player.
The way I see it, when I play against woodies I'd warp from reality the opposing wardancer every turn, and it's likely that before the end of the half he's dead (no armor roll, no injury roll). A bit hars for teams with (say) few poweul beings and lots of useless crap (read: vampires, Skaven, Khemri)

I'd say that the playee should be randomly chosen. Apart from that, it's nice.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the trap is also randomly chosen but okay, make the player choice random (but one that has moved last turn!). Oh, and if you think of new traps just add to it Very Happy

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Using LRB 5.0:
-Free fan factor of 5 to begin with, impossible to purchase any fans
-Pre-game die roll to determine how many 50k cards (randomly chosen from amongst the 52) each coach gets for free:
1: 1 card
2-5: 2 cards
6: 3 cards
-Teams starting later than the others get more than 1M treasury to begin with

Barnlato has made a 4 player variation of BB. His custom-made board for it was great!

coalheart

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The card thing is great, just a bit more fun and game variations.

As for the FF I already use it on the Slavery Cup and works just fine Very Happy

And as for late starting teams... let's say the average value of the other teams?

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

we only had a few minor house rules, but we felt they improved the game somewhat;

1. If an Apothecary rolls a 6 on his roll he can be used again in the match (if 1 is a failure why was a 6 nothing)
2. On a missed pass if a player from the moving team catches the scatter, they get a completion.
3. If a TTM Pass is accurate and the player lands successfully the big guy gets a completion.
4. If a player crows pushes a player with what would have normally been a knock down they get cas points if he is injured.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the apo rule the most Very Happy. Many people who normally won't buy one may consider it with this rule of 6 Very Happy

coalheart

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2007 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Here comes my draft document:

BALL RULES

GREASED BALL

This one is fairly simple, the ball got well greased before the game and is now slippery as hell.

In game terms this means that any attempt to catch or pick up the ball gets the roll modified by -1.

MULTIPLE BALLS

This is a major modification on the game and it explains itself.

Playing with two balls is usually enough a challenge but you may try any number if you have what it takes!
Keep in mind that when a touchdown is scored the run ends, so no double-touchdowns for now.

When you play using this rule each team kicks a ball into the opponent's half of the pitch as per the normal rules.
On an odd number of balls the normal kicking team kicks first. Once the multiple kicks are done just begin playing as normal.

The main challenge on this kind of game is to defend as well as attack.

LIVING BALL

The ball is either a living creature or magically animated or whatever you prefer.

Before the beggining of any team's turn the ball scatters 1d3 squares if no player is holding it.

MIXED BALL RULES!

Why not? Go mix any ball rules as you prefer! Why not a multiple living greased ball game?

PITCH RULES

WALLED PITCH

The pitch is surrounded by high walls so it resembles more an arena than a playing pitch.

No crowdpushing, if a player gets pushed out of bounds he gets instead an armor and injury roll as
if being succesfully felled by an opponent and is placed prone in the square he was in.
If the ball gets out of bounds it scatters from the point it left the pitch into the pitch due to a nice rebound
with the wall.

TRAPPED PITCH

Under development

TEAM / PLAYER RULES

WILD BEAST RUNS LOOSE

After the kick a wild beast is released into the pitch to cause chaos and mayhem!

Use a minotaur player with the no hands trait.

Place the minotaur in the square next to the middle and side lines on the field of the kicking team.
Each coach gets to control the minotaur during his turn as if it was a part of his team.
If the minotaur is injuried, killed or Ko'ed it will leave the pitch inmediately
No matter what the minotaur does, the referee will not exclude it from the game during the run
Once the run ends the minotaur is captured and trapped into the dungeon again.

PSYCHO DRUGS

Some players have been drugged with maddening potions and turned into frenzied psychopaths!

Choose 1d3 players (same number for each team) adn give them frenzy and dauntless as well as no hands.

coalheart

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2007 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

New kind of house rules: REF rules.

I'm thinking on developing a Ref event table, that means that before every game yo roll on the table and apply the result. Favoritism, rules lawyer, uncorruptable and such may be developed for such a table.

The following may be an example:

Punishment!

Whenever a player of any team is banned from the game by the ref roll an injury roll modified by +2. No armor roll required.

This shows how seriously some refs take their job. If you're caught fouling or using unathorised weapons yo get banned from the game and tortured in the dungeon for a while.

Jump to: