26 coaches online • Server time: 08:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post It's almost tim...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed that Warhammer is celebrating it's 25th anniversary with a showcase of the (highly debatable) 25 best miniatures ever made for it.

Last year was Blood Bowl's 20th anniversary, and got nothing. Plans were in the works for a new boxed set, but nothing happened, and just this month, the range got seriously pared down - they even cut some of the newest models such as the Dark Elf Assassins, Ramtut III and Zara from the range. They even have a completely new Dwarf team sculpted, and we may never see them cast!

So it's up to us - what were the best 20 Blood Bowl miniatures (or teams of miniatures) ever?

I suggest everyone post up to three suggestions (with a link to an image of the miniature if they can find one), and we'll compile a master list. Yes, maybe even a poll, if someone wants to run one.

If there are particularly famous converted or special edition models you wish to mention, post it as an additional Honourable Mention below your main three.

Note: The most complete archive of Blood Bowl miniatures is found at http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/

Last edited by Colin on %b %20, %2008 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The new human team Thrower is very very cool.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as you know I love doing polls, so I could do that Smile

Best models, id have to say;
Hthark The Unstoppable, very nice design, a good showpiece model,
The plastic orc lineman with the boxset as it was incredibly easy to paint and make look pretty good after only about 5 minutes effort
My favourite team of models is Necro, lots of different race types means you can have a great variation is styles whilst still part of a team theme, never that impressed with the wolf models though, they never got it right really.

Special mention for Scrappa sorehead, such a silly idea and model Smile

Pics when i can be bothered

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
zoglug

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Painted by myself (hence not great) but its my favourite BB fig of all time and the one that got me started on skaven.

Im a big fan of Zara the Slayer model (this one is not painted by me), shame i cant get my hands on one.

Cant find a decent pic, but thirdly id like to vote for the new human thrower (one with the ball in 2 hands. The pose is fantasic.

Cheers

Zog
RC

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Zara is one of my favourites and I also like the pro elf blitzers with their ice hockey goalie face masks.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as BB players go, Nobbla is my fav. Chainsaws in a fantasy setting? You betcha! Here's my painted Nobbla Blackwart.

SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno if this counts but there was a lizardman team at the waterbowl, owned and created by Nippy Longscar (NAF name).... he'd taken the plastic lizardmen, got rid of the weapons, reposed them into some really awsome poses (to beat most regular BB models).... then modeled American Football style armour on all of them. Simply amazing. If anyone can find a picture then I would like to nominate one skink, one saurus, and the kroxigor Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
zoglug

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely awesome team!

http://www.flameon.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5897

Hes also created an ace Wood Elf team, and a Skaven team that i used at the Waterbowl. The Skaven team won Best Team at the BB World Cup.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, decent set of pictures but hey dont do them full justice, they look even better in real life Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Shame somebody ruined it by hacking the best 25 and giving the game away. Anyway big fan of the older figs, here's my batch.

1. Chaos Dwarf Blitzer

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5184232

2. Puggy Bacon Breath
http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20325bbmisc-m.htm

3. Skaven blitzer number 4 top row. http://www.solegends.com/citbb/bb108skaven.htm
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

how about a top 25 best fumbbl player pic awards? or would all the New Baby Dollz pictures win that entirely.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

1. 2nd ed. Skaven Blitzer #2
2. Wilhem Chaney
3. 2nd ed. Snotling player 4

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
RC

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
how about a top 25 best fumbbl player pic awards? or would all the New Baby Dollz pictures win that entirely.

What happened to pirrekurr anyways?

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a big fan of the 2nd edition Chaos Dwarfs

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:

What happened to pirrekurr anyways?

last I heard, he got married.