61 coaches online • Server time: 20:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Judaz

Post 8 Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I remembered why I rather play in DivX than any other division...
Got an aging on my Dwarf Runner when he got +MA as second skill.
I would rather get an stat change than niggling. With statchange, you know how that players is gonna behave, but niggling...
Can't wait 'til the new rules come, but until that, and here comes the topic question: Why doesn't anyone play in DivX anymore? It used to be a lively division, but now it's completely dead. Almost impossible to get a game there.
I don't mind my players getting beat up on the pitch, but beeing scared of getting skills on players just isn't right.

Thats all I had for now Smile
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You play Dwarves and actually get games ??!?

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody plays DivX because nobody plays DivX. It's a catch-22.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you run Tournaments in DivX? I would be willing to play in a league there if games were set up ahead of time, i.e. fixed schedule like a ROund Robin...

I'll look into setting that up, if it can be done I'll start recruiting. If not, I'm really not interested, as no one does play, and one off games are lame, which is why Unranked is my preferred Division.

Da_Todfatha
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

There is really no other incentive to play Div-X than to avoid ageing and quite frankly, as annoying as ageing is, it's not enough, to make me transfer all of my teams to div-X.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like aging, it stops every team from having legends.

Legends are rare, but I think there would be too many if no players ever aged.
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Can you run Tournaments in DivX? I would be willing to play in a league there if games were set up ahead of time, i.e. fixed schedule like a ROund Robin...

I'll look into setting that up, if it can be done I'll start recruiting. If not, I'm really not interested, as no one does play, and one off games are lame, which is why Unranked is my preferred Division.

Da_Todfatha

Already been done DaT. With permission from Grumbledook the COSM Leauge was formed a few years ago to test out the no aging rules to see if bashy would indeed dominate.

And of course, people didn't commit to it and it failed due to inactivity.
It started as a league where you had mini seasons and you were assigned 4 games and then mini playoffs for top finishers.

Then due to forfeits it switched to more of an open round robin style, and then eventually death. I ran this thing and did everything I could to keep it afloat, but the interest was just not there.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not be the one that Grum would allow to run a div X tournament. I would love to run one though. But I wouldn't be allowed.... :/

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I would not be the one that Grum would allow to run a div X tournament. I would love to run one though. But I wouldn't be allowed.... :/

What is the problem with running a league in DivX, apart from teams that just played cant meet again?

I thought of the idea myself, but havent made my thoughts reality. But I'd love to participate in a DivX league it there was one, or someone started one.

Cy

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Judaz wrote:
Got an aging on my Dwarf Runner when he got +MA as second skill.
I would rather get an stat change than niggling. With statchange, you know how that players is gonna behave, but niggling...

Wow, someone has a really old rulebook there. Laughing
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Base coach rating on divX. Then it will quickly be crowded with those rankophile coaches. Wink

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyco wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

What is the problem with running a league in DivX, apart from teams that just played cant meet again?

I thought of the idea myself, but havent made my thoughts reality. But I'd love to participate in a DivX league it there was one, or someone started one.

Cy

grum answering NO perhaps?

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I like aging, it stops every team from having legends.

Legends are rare, but I think there would be too many if no players ever aged.

Well, thats you oppinion.

Though I do understand that its nice to limit players from getting legends and they should be rare, but I dont like the ageing system, at all. Especially niggling and the handicapsystem with virus. Evil or Very Mad

Eg. I played Aqueitas chaos team once, he had 6 nigglers. I got 3 hcps, but not virus. Still 5/6 players suffered from niggling. Thats a joke. (and to add that I got 'it wasn't me as handicap' on an "healty" players didnt hurt me Razz) But it was a no fun game anyway. Mad

I cant wait until the introduce the new rules on fumbbl. I think it will be fun to see how it works. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Cyco wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Cy

grum answering NO perhaps?

Thats not what I mean, isn't it possible to run a league with DivX Confused teams? Confused

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

no you are allowed to create U tournaments. Except U you may get special autorisations to create tournaments in those division. In the case of div X, the manager is grumbledook. You need his acknowledgement. Better be one of his close friends (at least to me, h usually say no...)