20 coaches online • Server time: 03:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Twisted Evil Riddle me this Twisted Evil

if the opposing coach puts all his players on the back line and only sets up 3 guys on the front line
why is it seen as evil to foul one of his guys
when the opposing coach left it open Question Question Question
i dont get why the foul is evil but his set up is concired a safe option

any suggestion welcome Question
Slick

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

/me clubs smashyahelmut's noob face in! That's why!

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't gain SPP's for fouls, so it is seen as unsportsmanlike as you gain no strategic advantage yet risk serious injury or death upon his players.

That is why most people dislike the last turn foul.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
/me clubs smashyahelmut's noob face in! That's why!

For change - I kinda agree with Slick. Although I wouldn't be so radical - everyone was a noob once.

Anyway, to answer your question - why fouling on the last turn is usually considered evil? Well, simple, the fouler can (again - usually) gain nothing from it - while the fouled might lose a player.

No gain vs. big lose.

It's just (usually) useless to foul on T16.

Edit: Also, Why Is It Evil To Write Like This in the post? Well, maybe because IT'S DAMN ANNOYING TO READ. *ahem*

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Does a foul cas count for the 2+ cas effect on ff-roll? (never payed attention) This could(!) be the only reason for me to accept an opponent fouling me in 16th turn. If not, foulfest next time.
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i understand there is no gain but arnt we all forgetting the Blood in blood bowl

is it not in the spirit of the game to give the crowd Blood
and for a team that has only the option of 3 blocks
to rightfuly put in the boot

if coaches dont like it why dont the support there team from the 3rd front line
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

and what about vinditive spite dosnt that count for anything these dayz
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What if you need a second casualty for your FF ?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

smashyahelmut wrote:
i understand there is no gain but arnt we all forgetting the Blood in blood bowl

"vinditive spite"? Well, I bet that goes under "Evil". Also, last time I checked, this is NOT a roleplaying game. It's a strategy game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, yes - a T16 foul, if it does a casulty, counts for the FF roll. That's why I used "usually" many times in my post. But if you've already done 2 cas (including apothed ones) it's useless. Other posibilities include: Clear way for ballcarrier to score (very rare), at least stunning someone to stop him from scoring (not that rare, but I don't think this happens very often either?). Also, stopping that claw/RSC monster from blitzing your av 5 megastar, or whatever. Also, I accept ALL fouls on oneturners and aforementioned (sp?) claw/RSC players. Also, it's cool to foul a star player (as in, Morg, Ripper, whatever.).

too slow, thx

Last edited by Vurner_Vinckler on %b %07, %2006 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Joseph_Kurtz

Well, that is one way of looking upon it, but if blood was the very core of a Blood Bowl match, then who won would be determined upon who made the most CASes, not the one who made the most touch downs. As easy as that. And even then it would probably be a good idea not to put more than 3 players up the last round, in an effort to try to minimise the possible CASes.
Optihut

Vurner_Vinckler wrote:
Does a foul cas count for the 2+ cas effect on ff-roll? (never payed attention) This could(!) be the only reason for me to accept an opponent fouling me in 16th turn. If not, foulfest next time.

AFAIK rulewise it doesn't, but clientwise it does. So in short: Yes.

As for turn 16 fouls - I used to do them until people were complaining a lot. Nowadays I only do them if you annoyed me or if I don't want to play against you again without putting you on my DNP list. Typically the turn16 foul results in a "Wah! I'll never play you again!" threat.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

People who want a second cas for their FF Roll tend to explain as such and pick on the 0 SPP lineman.

It's the ones who say nothing and go for the highest SPP player they can reach that tend to be the issue!

Also, fouling a 0 SPP Lineman to try and get a Rotter / Zombie is understandable enough I guess too...
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
smashyahelmut wrote:

"vinditive spite"? Well, I bet that goes under "Evil". Also, last time I checked, this is NOT a roleplaying game. It's a strategy game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, yes - a T16 foul, if it does a casulty, counts for the FF roll. That's why I used "usually" many times in my post. But if you've already done 2 cas (including apothed ones) it's useless. Other posibilities include: Clear way for ballcarrier to score (very rare), at least stunning someone to stop him from scoring (not that rare, but I don't think this happens very often either?). Also, stopping that claw/RSC monster from blitzing your av 5 megastar, or whatever. Also, I accept ALL fouls on oneturners and aforementioned (sp?) claw/RSC players. Also, it's cool to foul a star player (as in, Morg, Ripper, whatever.).

dude you gota check you blood bowl box its both stratergy and role play you gotta have fun with this
many times in the LLRB it reminds you of teams that forget about the ball and just mame players
Slick

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

All turn 16 fouls should be avenged with a flying Zidane headbutt!