14 coaches online • Server time: 06:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grin

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon the old men from Ephebe will fight some old barbarian heroes! But you would better not call em old! Wink Let the slaughter begin.....
Grin

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Silver Horde vs. Ephebe Rhinos ---> 3:0

In an epic clash between some of the oldest inhabitants of the Discworld, the crowd was given a good show. On a sunny day with perfect Blood Bowl weather some philosophers of the Ephebe Rhinos were discussing some complex issues of death and life.

Heard that, half a millennium of hero experience crossed the square. „You want to talk about Life & Death? I can teach you something!“ Cohen said loudly going straight to the bunch of philosophers with his Mighty Silver Horde behind him. The philosophers smiled and accepted, not knowing who they talked to.

Unfortunately, Old Vincent was a bit confused by the topless female fans and so he whispered to Truckle the Uncivil „Duh, where am I?“. A Iron looking philosopher grabbed some strange machine and ignored the sharp look of the Ref, who just arrived.

So, as to solve everything in the new and civilized way, the both teams got a ball and made the philosophers square to an improvised blood bowl pitch. As eight is the holy number – which the philosophers denied heavily – the rest of the teams took position at the end of the pitch.

Six Beneficent Winds kicked deep into the half of the philosophers and the presence of Luggage seemed to confuse both of the thinking engines. Both of them were really stupid and also the gadget of philosopher Nobbla didn't start, ignoring the whole training he spent on it. So given that harsh start for the philosophers, the Mighty Silver Horde put some more pressure on them. Soon one of the thinking engines was Badly Hurt and out of the game. In wise foresight, the apothecary saved his power for later. Then again another philosopher was Badly Hurt. A score on turn five gave the lead to the Horde. The philosophers tried to equalize but the last desperate failed, as the thinking machine threw the ball holding philosopher out of bounds. The dirty philosopher x was spotted by the Ref and banned. But he seems to ignore the running chain saw.

So second half began with a 1:0 lead of the Horde. A failed pass by Cohen resulted in an unprotected ball. As a Hero fall on the ball, it bounced and the remaining thinking machine catched the scattering ball. But soon he was knocked over. Cohen was so angry about all of this, that he just killed a poor philosopher in his way. But the small guy was saved by the ready apothecary. Somehow the ball was picked up again by a philosopher, but Six Beneficent Winds tackled him and after some blocks, the next Touchdown was scored.

The whole time, philosopher Nobbla was blitzing like mad, but fortunately didn't make deep cuts. Finally he Badly Hurt Vena-The-Ravenhaired, before he was ejected after the score. With a 2:0 lead and philosophers Nobbla, xx and one thinking machine out, the Horde wanted it all. By blitzing and smashing they achieved to score a 3rd Touchdown, before the match soon ended. What a great day for the Mighty Silver Horde. Now that the taught the philosophers something they look forward for their next match. Approximately against the Witches Abroad, so that they train some tackling in the meantime.....! Wink

Great match, SillySod. Was really fun and you acted very noble in reloading till you could pick Both Down with your Troll after the crash. Good luck next match!
Grin

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2009 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Folks, as the Librarian's Cup has kicked off, hurry up and get your games played! The Next Big Tourney will start soon.
Belafon

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Our first game in the librarian cup:

The ankh-morpork civil servants arrived for the game against the elephants fat, with thier arms full of papers, being told they could only field 8 of thier penpushers number, the rest carried on with the daily paperwork of the city.

After a bashing from the oppenents, the civil servants bashed the unfortunate oppenents of a diferent gender, into the crowd or to the surgeons. The penpushers, won the game. DEATH was seen on BINKY, taking one of the elephants fat players for a walk.

After a good game, the civil servants went back for a cup of tea and biscuit for the tealady's trolley, and to await thier next oppenent with a ream of offical paperwork to fill in.

"quoted from the ankh-morpork civil servants weekly newspaper" Shocked Shocked Shocked
Belafon

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2009 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

librarian cup 8 a side

wowowow won my first trophy heheheh

was a good game but my unlucky oppenent could of sent it into overtime if the ball had landed in the hands of anyone but the player that had already moved
Gordreg

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2009 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Discworld Cup has just been started; all 8 teams who won their place earlier in the season have been entered automatically.

The Sto Plains Cabbage Grower's Cup is also scheduled to start, but at present there are only six teams that will be entered. Tournyfillers will be used if those places aren't filled up but I'd prefer to avoid that; so if anyone would like to enter a Team into this league for the competition then now's a good time! Please either enter a team or PM me, but there's only two days to do so; the Cabbage Grower's Cup will kick off at the end of August the 19th.
Grin

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2009 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Folks, this is a wonderful league for every Discworld Fan, so join now and have a lot of fun!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next match in the Discworld Cup between the Mighty Silver Horde and the Wiches Abroad is scheduled for 11pm tonight.

In the last clash of the both teams, the Barbarian Heroes showed, how they handle with witches. Two of their kind, Hilta Goatfounder
and Desiderata Hollow, left the pitch in company of DEATH. Amazing is the fact, that a witch knows, when she will die. So we should
ask the team coach, if tonite's brawl will be that bloody, too?

Eskarina Smith is still hobbling from the cheap shot, so we will see, if she can take revenge!

The match will be interesting, so get your seats and cheer for the beloved! Smile
Grin

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2009 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon the Discworld Cup Final will happen! Watch out! Very Happy
Grin

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2009 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems I am talking a monologue here! Wink

The Discworld Cup is over and in an exciting match the "Mighty Silver Horde" beats "Kings Of The Golde River" 2:1! Hooray! Smile

<b><u>Statement of Cohen:</u></b>
<i>"They never stayed a chance. But somehow they were really tough and didn't want to leave the pitch, when we punched them. But my little girl Conina made it and so I ask, WHERE IS MY SHINY TROPHY?!"

Very Happy
Grin

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to have my own thread, but to have at least some comments of my mates would be great! People! When will the last match be played? WOuld be a shame to forfeit a Final!
Dynamix

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2009 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont mind if I cut in on your personal thread Grin but Congrats on the Win !

Great League and theme and great fun .

Thanks goes to Gordreg for setting this up , look forward to next season !
Gordreg

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2009 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

With the first season concluded, the Barbarian Heroes of the Mighty Silver Horde stand triumphant over the League. Champions of the Discworld Cup and Victors in the Colour of Magic, only Interesting Times Championship alluded them last round. But with a new season come new opportunities, for this season Interesting Times decamps to the other side of the Circle Sea...

First of all, though I hope all current members will be continuing, if you decide you'll be unable to join in this season, or want to re-start your DIBBL team, then please let me know before the season starts. Avien has already contacted me to say he'll be missing the second season (His Trolls fear the heat of the desert climate will make thinking impossible), and so I wish him good luck and hope to see him again sometime in the future.

Secondly, a new season brings TR caps to avoid any single team overwhelming and overpowering the others - or at least, to stop it happening right away. The TR cap for this season will be 165, meaning that some teams will have to trim whilst others might want to play a freindly or two (or three, or four!) to get them to the required number. Freindlies are now open - all teams are allowed to play as many or as few as they want to get their strength up, provided that all are played within the League.

Thirdly, a new season will hopefully bring new members. Whilst Ephebe and Tsort Divisions will take most of the current members, the Djelibeybi Division is reserved strictly for new teams. This doesn't stop new members from playing friendlies, however - the team cap for Djelibeybi is TR130, allowing new squads to build themselves up a bit before the start of the season.

Fourthly, new choices of teams. Inspired by All Poor Souls, the beggars are taking to the Blood Bowl Pitch in an official capacity; whilst as the first teams arrive at the mouth of the Djel, mumified kings arise to meet them. The full details of both can be found on the DIBBL page.

Fifthly - if you've read this far and aren't a member yet, you're obviously interested. Join up! Closing dates for freindlies and new applicants is the 10th of October.

May You Live In Interesting Times,

Gordreg
SongCoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2009 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

From under the Misbegot Bridge came a call all too horribly familiar to those who lived in the poorest parts of Ankh-Morpork:

"Millenium hand and shrimp! ...buggrit."

Some twisted spirit must have played a terrible trick that day, as the Canting Crew found themselves wandering about a strangely open field. The Man with a Duck on his Head, feeling more keen than the others, noticed that more people were staring at them than usual. Suddenly a stiff piece of pigskin fell into their midst, and they fell upon it with rapacious hunger. All but Foul Ole Ron, who waved his hands at assailants seen and unseen alike, and seemed somehow to keep them away for once. His Smell ruined more than one uniform that day.

After an interminable bout of noise and fuss, during which the Crew had many things thrown at them that they promptly ate or stuffed in their pockets "for afters", a man appeared with a bag of coin, which he held, hesitating for a moment, before handing to them. "Well, you didn't win," says he, "...but the fans enjoyed the show, so here's your take."

The Crew had never seen such riches. They promptly buried bits of it in dozens of separate places, whereupon most of it was found and re-buried by a squirrel that was, oddly enough, named dibblsqueak. What little they were able to find later kept them in day-old beer and stale pretzels, and in an uncharacteristic burst of inspiration they decided to wander back to the pitch from time to time to see if it would happen again.

And so the Canting Crew became known to those who hosted Blood Bowl.
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=590469
Grin

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2009 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome SongCoyote, great team and nice story!!! Very Happy
SongCoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks kindly, Grin! I have a predilection toward writing stories and such for my teams (have a look!) so it's good to hear they're not complete rubbish Smile

I'm hoping to be fortunate enough to get the poor blighters a few games before the tourney starts so they can build up their stench... er... strength! Yeah.

Hope to see you on the pitch!

Light and laughter,
SongCoyote
 Jump to: