22 coaches online • Server time: 06:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sonder

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thyrreks wrote:
Haven't played them but i'm wondering what use you can do of the stakes skill?

Get send of the field for using secret weapons :p

/Sonder
Pirog

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thyrreks wrote:
Haven't played them but i'm wondering what use you can do of the stakes skill?

+1 on armor roll after you land a block.

There was some concern over how the vampling team would be effected by this (potential +3), but since this team made the cut I assume they will get +1 like everyone else.
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
There was some concern over how the vampling team would be effected by this (potential +3), but since this team made the cut I assume they will get +1 like everyone else.

Unfortunately not.

Vamplings (and the Lord) are Undead, so Forest Goblins will rape them so much it's not even funny.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Vamplings (and the Lord) are Undead, so Forest Goblins will rape them so much it's not even funny.

I think you underestimate the Strigs chances, but is it as much of a mismatch as Gnomes vs Nurglings? I've seen games between those two that look like storming the beaches of Normandy! Wink
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

all forest goblins are welcome for treatment in the Hospital with or without sticks
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say it's on the level of Dwarves/Zons, so, yes. Effective AV of 5 on the Lord. *shudders*.

Anyway, I don't see what you mean with Gnomes/Nurglings? Who are you saying has the advantage? There won't exactly be brilliant and fast play on either side, but...

Or do you mean Bomb vs FA?

Craftnburn wrote:
johan wrote:

I think you underestimate the Strigs chances, but is it as much of a mismatch as Gnomes vs Nurglings? I've seen games between those two that look like storming the beaches of Normandy! Wink

You mean, a close, hard-fought thing that could have gone either way? Wink
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
You mean, a close, hard-fought thing that could have gone either way? Wink

I mean bombs blowing pieces of bodies every which way!
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2008 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, tentacles. Cool
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2008 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its more along the lines of eshin v snots myself and we have quite enough RPS in stunty and BB in general

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2008 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Old eshin vs skryre was the real one bad matchup. Stabs take away the guarders, then the ST2 linemen of eshin are able to keep the mechavermin occupied while bashing apart the other slaves.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2008 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing a few games with F-Gobs, I think we could give them AG 3 to make leap viable.. Bone Head is a pretty big handicap, and St 3 without G access isn't hard to overcome.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2008 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Unfortunately not.

Oh how I wish you were right...

Unfortunately for me, you're completely, painfully wrong...

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2059825

Notice the Cas difference 1/0/0 Casualties 6/3/0 and I went first!

G access > Stakes ANYDAY!!
HunterX

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2008 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Forest Goblin access to the Wizard has been sorted.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had 2 games with the Forest Goblins and one against so far. And so far so good.

So far the strength for me has been the MA7 S3 spider blitzes and also a pain to defend against. Gets you 2 dice almost anywhere. I would leave the AG at 2 as having Two-Heads makes up for it if you want to dodge and a S3 AG3 leaper would be a bit much to start out with.

Shamans are good, with G access I think many people will be going the block/tackle route but having the hypno-gaze he can fill a number of rolls on the team and at 0-2 and AV6 he's not too dominating.

The possible true terrors will be the lucky ones to get block or tackle on a few Stikkas... combined with Shamans... kiss your LoS players good-bye haha. But again with the chance of being sent off and AV6 it would seem to balance out.

And gobbos are gobbos... good all arounders/cheap fodder.

I think this team was well designed and nothing doesn't scream to be modified in anyway just yet... the only weakness could possibly be dealing with multiple big guys... but again more play testing is needed to be sure. So far this roster is a real winner.
Fizban

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
johan wrote:
Unfortunately not.

Oh how I wish you were right...

Unfortunately for me, you're completely, painfully wrong...

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2059825

Notice the Cas difference 1/0/0 Casualties 6/3/0 and I went first!

G access > Stakes ANYDAY!!

I hear ya. Check out this awesomeness...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2059213

On several turns of the second half, I ended my turn with no players on the field. To make it even more amusing, I took 14 cas (two were self inflicted on bad dodges) on my 13 man team. The apo worked! So at the end of the game, every single player was in the casualty box.

Number of vamps successfully staked: 0

The gobbos want their mommies. Or AV 7. A lot of stunty teams who dodn't have big guys have AV 7 players. No offence to the spiders, but they are not that cool - defnintely not a true 'big guy'.

Fiz
 Jump to: