7 coaches online • Server time: 06:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, great game and thanks for running it Purplegoo. Particularly enjoyed SillySod's death fluff.

After initial suspicion setteld on me I thought I may as well play it loud and brash and hopefully hide Xenon and Pac in my crowd of accusers.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
Yeah, great game and thanks for running it Purplegoo. Particularly enjoyed SillySod's death fluff.

After initial suspicion setteld on me I thought I may as well play it loud and brash and hopefully hide Xenon and Pac in my crowd of accusers.

For what it's worth - I think that would have fooled me. Good thing I wasn't playing! Very Happy
Fredox

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a single bad guy vote for me. Thanks for the game Purplegoo. I guess the more of them I play the better at it I'll become. I'll definatly play again and perhaps next time I'll be around a bit more.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:

Sillysod... i want to play you soon...i reckon it will be a proper giggle Razz

Your Dwarfs my Snotlings (or vampires)? I'd love to sometime. (proud owner of the first pure LRB5 snotling team). Only thing is that I don't get to be online long enough for a game very often. Crying or Very sad
I also find FUMBBL better for more challenging games, TT for more fun games. the chat interface just isn't the same as talking to someone. You can still have a good laugh, you just don't get situations where both players are weeping with laughter after a snot crowdpushes and kills the best vampire in the league.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the game guys, was real fun!

On balance issues, the seer and healer was too good. But if you prefer you can add a rule that the healer may not heal the same person twice in a row. But then forbid the bad guys to attack the same person twice in a row. In this case they depend a bit on luck, .. or they have to work together. Hint somehow in a public post.

Thanks Purple for running the show!

Kk
- form the Villagers for the Win PR
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Great game, thanks to purple for running it

Rule setting:
i would remove the Hybrid again and test it again with only 2 evil factions with my original rules... the villagers got a good seer here and deserved the win.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thing is - I really really liked the idea of a 1 man evil team in a game of this size, if he'd gotten to the endgame, I think he would have been really powerful. Plus, if an evil had attacked him, it would have been really cool, as somehow you'd have to subtly tell the other side to finish him off, or get the Villagers to do it, which would have been tricky, and interesting. The power that he had was being on his own - in many ways. His vote pattern etc. would have been hard to decipher.

But Cribble spoiled my fun (in a good way)! Laughing
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 28, 2007 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Good job goo, thanks to my teammates who won the thing for me.

Winning FTW!!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 30, 2007 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe pop in an a few ideas.
We played such games with friends in forum, and some tweaks were really hilarious.
Teams:
Good:
10 innocents,
1 detective (seer),
1 secret agent (can exchange a personal message of max 60 chars with a player per day. This was done through the GM)

Bad:
3 killers (knows the other killers, CAN t communicate outside the thread. Can kill. - PM to the GM, if you want to kill someone that night(not must). The guy with the most killvotes will die. Conflicting killvotes will not result in death. So draw or no votes mean no death)

1 madman (knows no one, can injure someone including: cut off arm (can never vote from now on), cut off tongue (nominate 3 letters that the victim can t write in his posts!! endless fun Smile, cut off leg (can never use the special ability he has, can t walk in the night) The injured person is informed of his injury. If he violate the rule, like try to vote, speak the forbidden letters, use his special ability (after that night on) he dies. In the night of the attack he can be healed, but not after.

1 sorcerer (knows no one, can turn someone to an animal (frog, etc) for ONE day. Till that he can t post (aside of fluff or appropriate roars), vote or use special ability. )

Special abilities are used at night, vote to lynch ends before night.

In the event, I try to run this show would you participate? Any thoughts, ideas?
If yes, I ll generate some fluff, write it down nicely and give it a try in the general chat for a recruitment thread.

This is intended for more active, more talkative, more diplomatic(double talking) players. The killers must hint each other. The animal form, and cut off tongue is mayhem and chaos, and believe me if I say it is very funny, particularly at the end Smile

Kk
GrinningD

Post   Posted: May 30, 2007 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I know we're trying to start another game at the moment but that really does sound like a fun and original way of playing, certainly spices things up a bit and I like the humour angle Wink

I'd play...
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 30, 2007 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow... I'd definately join in that game. Hope to gods I get to be the madman (was born for that role).

two things: are the mad scorcerer people evil per se?
and: why not let the bad guys communicate?

also love the secret agent idea, endless fun PMing evil players declaring you're the agent.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 31, 2007 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A little clearing:
The sorcerer and the madman are on the evil team. They are to cause mayham, and maybe tactical strikes. Even distract suspicion from someone(attack teammate?)

The agent pm the game master, who send it to the appropiate guy(so the agent s identity is secret. Got it ..secret agent Smile This includes who you are?(probably he will get a nice lie) and other very useful information(the agent is good, so if he asks you to vote someone, maybe it is a good idea). He may reveal his identity in the message, bit it is possible that he lied. May generate some random secretagent stuff like Watch the first letters of the posts between 2 and 4 pm etc.. of course he may be jokeing.
The contact may pm back through the gm(asap).

If started, i ll write the rules in stone, not like now Smile
But this one really asks for active talkative players Smile

The whole point of this variant is that the bad guys can only communicate in public. (Maybe for first timers, the killers will know the sorcerer and the madman or have plus numbers if you feel they have less chance)

Kk
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 31, 2007 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus, on the actual fluff. How abaut a middle age theme?
Killers->heretic
Sorcerer->Sorcerer
Madman->Witch(curse arm, curse leg..)

innocents->villagers
policeman->inquisitor
secret agent->royal agent

?
Kk
spelledaren

Post   Posted: May 31, 2007 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, nice.
Is the agent allowed to tell the persons he PMs who he is? Is he allowed not to, just sending messages?
I see that the madman and sorcerer are evil. That makes 5 evil players vs 12 innocents. Harsh.

I suppose the madman can injure bad players?

Post   Posted: May 31, 2007 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

GrinningD wrote:
Well I know we're trying to start another game at the moment...

Are we? i didnt notice Surprised
link please!
 Jump to: