36 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2007 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

oh well, well done wolfies

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I am out of the running for Villager MVP Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I guess I am out of the running for Villager MVP Razz

You are Villager MVP - we all are. We all lost! Very Happy
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I was villager MVP.

I delivered Plorg, then hit Meech and Shadow. I was awesome!
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well played wolfs!
I never suspected Ch.logo. in fact it was the one place where my theory failed... two from the same group in one of the band wagons from day one Sad
And I must admit i still have trouble understanding the tactics of killing off Plorg in the tie... a shift could have been easily justified as a tiebraker, and since it killed a vamp, been totaly defendable... I belive that 3 wolfs at that point would have owned the game. So quite a gamble... but it payed of, grats!
pac

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Good game, everyone.

I thought the villagers might just have made up for their bad start at the end, taking advantage of the evils fighting amongst themselves, but we left ourselves too much to do. I'd have voted for Purp the other day (you just looked far too evil!) and I wouldn't have known for sure who to go for today. We paid the price for too many crazy villager moves, double kills, etc. Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

<--- was the SEER you gits! You burnt me Sad

Though I admit I cracked up when Timpa was sitting there saying 100% and everyone was "He's gotta be the seer, right?"

Vhwe heh heh. Very fun game, was great to participate and spectate. Smile

Edit: Also note I voted for Plorg on the second day, I think? I KNEW he was evil. Not because of the Seer thing, I admit I scried DukeTyrion and got jacked by the evils killing him, but just a gut feeling. That and the blood dripping from Plorgs mouth.
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dumbest thing early on was the preference for double burnings. This is because the evils could simply change the vote either way if one of their members were in danger.

Good job evils.

__Synn
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

although i did like the massive synn bandwagon that jumped of from go...

must remember to do that next time around Wink

--j

ImageImage
Chewie

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Chango, well played.

Game was mucho fun, thanks for hosting Sillysod Smile
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm not playing any more I realise, but if only 2/3 of the players have said ending today is ok, surely that's somewhat unfair. If the last player has pm'd you or something, then ok, but if not, a weekend off to finish fair and square seems best to me.

Sorry... I was kinda a bit out of my mind, I thought everyone had voted.

I should be beter now though you never can tell. I feel alot better anyway. Smile

Thank you all for brightening up my days by doing some really stupid things Very Happy

During the first half of the game, not a single list of badguys had the proportion of badguys on it that a random list should have. All you innocents seemed good at was sniffing out each other. The evil players really didn't have to do any active bandwagoning at all. The first semi-decent (slightly more evils than a random list) list I saw was from Cribbleobblepie but was ignored and he didn't follow it up much.

Congrats to the wolves on winning.

Individual players of note (that I noticed anyway):

Plorg - very evil and well played until he chased down Chewie for reasons I didn't understand.

Chewie - had the first really comprehensive list of evil. By the time he got burnt he had a near perfect guess of all of the roles. Very impressive apart from the bit where he got himself burnt for no good reason.

Walks_In_The_Sun - the psychopath is a pretty tricky role to play. Say what you like about "undetectable" but the psychopath has to appear villigarish to survive every single round, survive the attention of the seer, but also survive being eaten as an obvious villager. I think he played the role pretty well and stood a good chance of making the finsish had he not got hit by the remaining vampire in the double killing.

Pac - I'm not quite sure why but at one stage, everyone wanted to eat Pac.

Licentious - as the seer, scanned DukeTyrion on the first night before being burnt on the second. As said at the time "Tawny did not exactly cover herself with glory". Very amusing for me.

ChangoLoco - possibly (definately) the least detectable of a tricky to hunt wolf team.

Also, many, many thanks to Astrael for finishing itf or me.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. I got to claw a piece out of Plorg before I sent him to burn.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Dumbest thing early on was the preference for double burnings. This is because the evils could simply change the vote either way if one of their members were in danger.

Good job evils.

__Synn

I thought an early double burn was a good idea, and I voted at he very last minute so that the evils could not sway the vote.

Might have been a tad wrong, but seemed like a damn good idea at the time Razz
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Huzzah! I was sweating it near the end, but things worked out.
RealMadns - the strategy around the Plorg vote went something like this - I was pretty sure there were enough people that wanted a tie that it couldn't be avoided, and it seemed best to vote Plorg earlier rather than later. I had considered changing my vote near the last minute and trying to explain it away, which would have been incredibly risky. I probably would have done it anyway, but wound up getting called away to work at the last 30 min or so before burn time. It worked out, though.

I chalk it up to good teammates, a fortunate poor run of luck for the villagers early on, and the fact that no one knew who I was. I predict I will be an innocent in my next game, and burned early.

The best thing is that I now have won something on Fumbbl - it would be better if I'd of won a major, or a smack, or a league, or anything on the pitch. But, you know, I'll take what I can get.

Thanks for hosting, Sod, and thanks to all for making this such a fun game.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2007 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good work, good fun. Thanks for the game.

First time I got burned in a vote in one of these games Razz

But it was a draw, still havent ever won a vote!