47 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
Will there be an option to have the client always on top? I would really love that...

Thanks for the great work!

That's a good idea. Also I hope to god the client NEVER steals focus from another app. Smile

for once, maznaz actually says something useful and relevant...

seconded...

although, i'm not entirely convinced this is an application problem so much as it is a windows problem...i have a few other programs that do the same thing Sad

unsure of how it works in java/mac

--j

ImageImage
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

tenpole wrote:
flyor wrote:
just click create new team and then select LRB5.

I think this was for the skijunkie client trying to emulate lrb5. Not the new client.
The roster management part is fully LRB5 in d5 (as it isn't done by the client but by the site). So you CAN create an LRB5 team on FUMBBL... you just can't play real LRB5 matches.
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't window always ontop a clickable option in windows settings on Windows?

I cant remember and now im on linux gtk and here its a window option.
adambomb

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is an exciting announcement and would like to thank Kalimar for all his hard work and effort. I think the ongoing discussion about displaying the die roll needed for success or not is an example of not seeing the forest for the trees—we're losing sight of the BIG picture which should excite everyone who wishes to play LRB5.0!

But if we are going to get lost in the details, personally, I don't see the difference in taking a few seconds to figure out what roll is required or having the computer show you....it still comes down to the die roll—either you make it or you don't. Figuring out what number you need or being told what number you need doesn't actually change the number—all this feature does is speed things up a bit, which benefits everyone.

Now let's move on with excited anticipation for an actual LRB5 client!!!

PS - Kalimar you rock.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Another suggestion... Just thought of it as Trog asked my about keyboard shortcuts.

Is it possible to assign for example < and > to cycle through the players that have an action left?
Coooky

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Another suggestion... Just thought of it as Trog asked my about keyboard shortcuts.

Is it possible to assign for example < and > to cycle through the players that have an action left?

That would be great!
cthol

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

?!? what would you need that for? honestly, i can't see how that would benefit anyone
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would love to have customizable keyboard shortcuts.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol wrote:
?!? what would you need that for? honestly, i can't see how that would benefit anyone

Laptops without a mouse, people with crappy mouses, people that prefer to use the keyboard instead of the mouse...

So yes, some people will benefit from it, just because you can not see it, doesn't mean it is useless.
cthol

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, i guess so. i have a laptop with a crappy mousepad and i still find it ok, so i guess i didn't think people would use that. fair enough.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
for once, maznaz actually says something useful and relevant...

Ah, good to know that forum moderators are moderate and refrain from random personal attacks.

Oh, wait...

Anyway, i'm not sure that the focus thing dpeends on the app either. But you guys who wish that Windows would have a feature as basic as "Always on Top", you can always check out software like PowerMenu (i use this one because it also adds a "Minimize to Tray" option). Hope this helps.

Ah, and possibility to play fully from the keyboard would be incredibly great.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hear, hear!
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
cthol wrote:

Laptops without a mouse, people with crappy mouses, people that prefer to use the keyboard instead of the mouse...

So yes, some people will benefit from it, just because you can not see it, doesn't mean it is useless.

Bah. what's all this talk of keyboards?

We all know that Woodstock jacks his PC directly into his brain.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Q. Is there any chance we could have the numbered dice animated in the same way as the block dice?

In the current client the dice rolls get lost with the text and do not stand out well. From the screenshots in looks like they are clearer, but I would still prefer them to look like dice rolls just as they would in a tabletop game.
While I doubt it will stop any whingeing about luck at least it would be clearer why the roll had failed.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2009 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
Q. Is there any chance we could have the numbered dice animated in the same way as the block dice?

In the current client the dice rolls get lost with the text and do not stand out well. From the screenshots in looks like they are clearer, but I would still prefer them to look like dice rolls just as they would in a tabletop game.
While I doubt it will stop any whingeing about luck at least it would be clearer why the roll had failed.

I second this.