33 coaches online • Server time: 09:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
thoralf wrote:
Season's the new CPOMB.

Or do we get the R/B slugfest first?

Nah. It's R & B vs L traitors first. Wink

Posse, mount up!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2017 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Nah. It's R & B vs L traitors first. Wink

Split all menz!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Not sure I follow, everything on the sites looking grand at the moment. Sl is doing well. Ranked is doing great. Leagues are thriving, New rules are being implemented. It all looks great Smile

SI is a great thing. But presumably hampered the great stunty leeg having some share of games.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There's currently a fumbbl rule about not using loners if you've got cash - will this be affected (or even removed) when we swap from Spiraling Expenses to Expensive Mistakes?

reasoning:
-SE stops teams growing too big
-Over-using loners helps you grow a bank
-But EM stops you growing a bank, so using loners doesn't really help

If I understand it right, you get hit by EM as the last action before Readying for next game, so you could buy a replacement lino instead of losing (most of) that same cash to EM

so the scope for abuse of loners is really cut down, right? they won't get MVP either
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League has IMO a different feeling than Stuntee. Not all SecretL teams are suicidal homicidal maniacs.
You could rather compare it to B coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's some examples of extreme abuse of loners, to see if it'd still be a concern:

1- Elf team with 3-5 positionals who share MVP and apoth, rest are loner linemen

2- Undead/necro/nurgle etc team, standard setup but with 3 loner zombies for line of scrimmage

if these teams are using loners, they save more cash, they then mostly lose it to EM.
they then have to also work with the disadvantage of Loners, so actually the team is worse than it would be with normal 0-skill linemen (assuming they could afford them?)
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Garion wrote:
Not sure I follow, everything on the sites looking grand at the moment. Sl is doing well. Ranked is doing great. Leagues are thriving, New rules are being implemented. It all looks great Smile

I agree 99% with this...FUMBBL is just fine. As long as "season" play is not forced on R/B we are "all" golden and moving to the horizon of BB2016.

Personally I think seasons sound like they would actually be a good thing for Black box for a number of reasons. However the seasons would need to be 30 games I think, so that there isn't too much forced attrition.

The main reason I think it would be so well suited is it will help keep teams grouped together by TV pretty effectively meaning more draws will be successful, the occasions in which no suitable matches are found fewer. It should also help teams that are beaten down somewhat as they will only be slightly worse off than some teams that have had players retire.

It will also put a stop to some extent to the silly all linemen cpomb pact teams etc...

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Personally I think seasons sound like they would actually be a good thing for Black box for a number of reasons. However the seasons would need to be 30 games I think, so that there isn't too much forced attrition.

The main reason I think it would be so well suited is it will help keep teams grouped together by TV pretty effectively meaning more draws will be successful, the occasions in which no suitable matches are found fewer. It should also help teams that are beaten down somewhat as they will only be slightly worse off than some teams that have had players retire.

It will also put a stop to some extent to the silly all linemen cpomb pact teams etc...

The thing is:

1) All lino cpomb pact etc pretty much haven't existed in B for 2+ years. That really is a relic of a bygone age. Minimal reroll teams are actually promoted by seasons inside a TV-MM system.

2) If you are against such things - tightly grouping by TV isn't actually as desirable as you think when it means that everyone is by definition minmaxed (as a result of seasons).

3) In addition to (2) - you also have the issue of where a team *is* in their season, in addition to just how old they are, as a result of the lack of petty cash rules. In essence you could end up playing against a bunch of minmaxed teams who not only were older than your team (and thus skilled more appropriately), but who also knew exactly what they needed to keep/spend vis a vis treasury and thus spent the cash to sink you before the game even started.

There's a lot to consider.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I agree 99% with this...FUMBBL is just fine. As long as "season" play is not forced on R/B we are "all" golden and moving to the horizon of BB2016.

Personally I am not worried if BBox gets Seasonal play but I think it would be horrible for Ranked where you can just have lots of fun teams and not always taking the most efficient skill choices. You would also lose the fun of having players like Thursdaynight Guitarclub with 55 MVPs and Taku the Second with 614 games played as it would be impossible to keep re-hiring a player for that many seasons.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Garion wrote:

Personally I am not worried if BBox gets Seasonal play but I think it would be horrible for Ranked where you can just have lots of fun teams and not always taking the most efficient skill choices. You would also lose the fun of having players like Thursdaynight Guitarclub with 55 MVPs and Taku the Second with 614 games played as it would be impossible to keep re-hiring a player for that many seasons.

Yes, in Box we don't ever do fun teams or have fun players. Rolling Eyes

The rational basis for all this "Make Box take the poison pill and keep my perfect toy intact" is non existent. Any plea to exceptionalism is obviously false.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Some questionable use of quotes going on here, pretty sure I didn't say that Smile

Back on topic - personally I don't think seasons are the horrible thing some are saying they are between that, expensive mistakes and choosing mvp I think the game designers will likely achieve their aim of keeping teams in a specific TV bracket.

Though this obviously isn't to everyone's taste I'm sure what ever christer decides to do- it will still be fun playing the game Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

On a side note T16 Fouling becomes essentially mandatory if seasons are introduced

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate wrote:
Some questionable use of quotes going on here, pretty sure I didn't say that Smile

Painstate is Garion! Shocked ConSpirocy.
OK, maybe not.