12 coaches online • Server time: 07:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stormbringer

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Who does really look at CR when scanning the gamefinder?
I started looking for FF since Woodies are a team that requires a bit of money and I don't cherrypick too much. The few cases I look at CR are teams with loads of killer skills. When I have a Coach with low CR/bad win record with that team I don't play. I'll most probably win, but I'll pay for it.

Stormbringer

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

There's an easy way to ensure that all your players survive: leave them in their box and never put them on the pitch.

I'd like to believe that most coaches have a bigger ambition for their teams than just keeping their players alive …

Heh, I haven't really noticed myself having an ambition in keeping my players alive. Most of my players are in a box though, six feet under ground Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Lorion wrote:
How does that fix me not being able to get games at all??? Just had orcs with 4 tackle refuse to play my delf....

I think that's got more to do with your CR …

(Yeah, you have really high CR, and only at the moment run only really good lists in Ranked (except Necros). Run a Vampire team too, run some Goblins. Your CR will fall a bit, and it'll be easier to get games - and you'll have fun too! Very Happy)

I think more important is that all but one of those [R] teams are over 200TR.

High TR + high CR == too much brainpower required Smile

Im sure it would be easier to find games at lower TR.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot more people than we can think actually take care of CR...
Got my CR up to 179 2 weeks ago and it became really hard to get game. Since, I m playing without the spirit to fight for the win at all cost... I m just doing some growing up. My CR went down to 170 and I do find a lot more game.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2007 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
pac wrote:
Lorion wrote:
How does that fix me not being able to get games at all??? Just had orcs with 4 tackle refuse to play my delf....

I think that's got more to do with your CR …

(Yeah, you have really high CR, and only at the moment run only really good lists in Ranked (except Necros). Run a Vampire team too, run some Goblins. Your CR will fall a bit, and it'll be easier to get games - and you'll have fun too! Very Happy)

I think more important is that all but one of those [R] teams are over 200TR.

High TR + high CR == too much brainpower required Smile

Im sure it would be easier to find games at lower TR.

This actually worked... besides I used to have a vampire team. They didn't take any CR. It's always those darn Delfs. They are CURSED.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2007 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
This actually worked... besides I used to have a vampire team. They didn't take any CR. It's always those darn Delfs. They are CURSED.

Remember: never name a team "cursed". They will be indeed cursed.

vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2007 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If your teams don't get matches, then enter tournaments. Those fixtures are a kind of duty matches.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2007 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO if your CR is high and you wanna find a game, just brag about it in the main channel and how exceptionnal you are, and you'll find plenty of guys ready to try to prove you wrong!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2007 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
IMO if your CR is high and you wanna find a game, just brag about it in the main channel and how exceptionnal you are, and you'll find plenty of guys ready to try to prove you wrong!

Hehe that's a good idea, does it work for specific teams as well you think? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem,

I firmly believe that Blood Bowl skills should be about achieving victory in a Blood Bowl game. This is how the skills have been developed.

For bashy teams this is through taking players out and off the field. For a dodgy team this
is through increased ball handling.

The problem is quite clearly that while the dodgy team's advances improve their own team the bashy improvements also screw over the
opponent. The gripes all players of softer teams have is not their player getting smacked
off the field for a positional play but having players killed and permanantly maimed through
the stacking and deliberate grind of a _heavily_ developed biffing team. The biff team is in it
for the long haul, they lose more than 50% of their games but HEY they are just there to leech some
star points in their face stomping reign of terror. Winning is for wimps...

The answer? There needs to be a rule adjustment. In my view additional attack skills
need to have an addendum to them that due to their obvious brutality refs always intervene
quickly therefore stopping the obvious injury at the point of BADLY HURT. Players going
off due to PO is fine. 5 players dying to the skill in a game seems unbalanced in the long run.
The real problem is that the rules tend to break down at the 200k team rating kinda point.

Blood bowl is about blood, sure, but the open ended format of online bb is one that heavily
advantages grinding teams over teams trying to win. Some small adjustments to the skills that
affect permenant injuries and death could help to address this.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do for it now.

This thread suffers from a bad case of necromancy.

Proceed as the following.
Exorcism - thread lock - server reset.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

All I can say is bring back spps for fouls, maybe then instead of a team trying to find a game against an opponent without dp city or masses of strength, they'll invest in some of their own and start playing blood bowl how it's meant to be played, seeing khemri and undead as low AV teams they can beat up... doesn't matter how many mummies or chaos warriors someone has if they have to put them all on the line of scrimmage and get one hit a turn.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It's called BLOODbowl!!!!!!!!

Did I get in before Shadow? Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

asmodemus wrote:
The answer? There needs to be a rule adjustment.

Then take it up with the people who have the power to make a rules adjustment, 'cause none of them are here. (Or if they are, they don't admit to it.)
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. What?
But I guess with how threads usually develop we can just revive old ones instead.