16 coaches online • Server time: 02:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keybounce

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2006 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, now that I'm used to the ref watching, please, try it Smile.

Don't foul when the ref's watching. My new lesson.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2006 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to do things on the field that benefit me or my team. Fouling is one action that I can use to benefit my team, but doing it at the end of the game does not benefit my team in any way so I usually have other actions that are more important. Sure I block every possible block at the last turn as that gives me the opportunity to earn SPPs, but fouling does not give me anything. I consider myself old enough to ignore the potential of laughing with my friends if I manage to maim/kill a player from some unknow internetcoach.
Voorn

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2006 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Iceman76 wrote:
I tend to do things on the field that benefit me or my team. Fouling is one action that I can use to benefit my team, but doing it at the end of the game does not benefit my team in any way so I usually have other actions that are more important. Sure I block every possible block at the last turn as that gives me the opportunity to earn SPPs, but fouling does not give me anything. I consider myself old enough to ignore the potential of laughing with my friends if I manage to maim/kill a player from some unknow internetcoach.

Exactly. To do otherwise would make you a total *******. Unless of course, they had been one to you first and then, it would still be my last action.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Jubei

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here's my T16 foul experience so far:

I was playing my new Norse team against a friend of mine's new Chaos Dwarf team. I had scored once earlier in the match, but he had since bashed me into ineffectiveness.
On turn 16, I had 3 players still on the pitch, and the ball was about 4 squares from his endzone. There's no way he could possibly even tie the game.
He proceeds to pile 6 guys around one of my downed lineman and foul him, resulting in death. He had already caused 4 Casualties to me, and plenty of KO's, so I wasn't trying to hide from him or any of that.
I was pretty upset about the whole thing, until he told me that he thought he could win by making me unable to field 3 players. I told him that that only matters on a kickoff, but since he didn't know, I accepted it as a tactical foul instead of pure spite and malice. No problem there.
The sad part is, he proceeded to tell me that he would have done it anyways since his Minotaur laid on the ground for most of the second half because of failed Wild Animal rolls. As if that were my fault! On top of that, he said that I broke even, since I made 50k that match, and that's what it would cost to replace my lineman.
I completely understand that fouling is part of the game, but I tend to think that it should be used for some advantage, instead of the sole purpose of making you feel better because you rolled like crap/lost a match.
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Jubei wrote:
I was pretty upset about the whole thing, until he told me that he thought he could win by making me unable to field 3 players. I told him that that only matters on a kickoff, but since he didn't know …

There is no such obligation. You can set up <i>zero</i> players on kick-off and still play on.

I think LRB 5.0 may change this … but it hasn't got here yet in any case.

PS - If he was a friend, why were you upset? You'll surely play him again, and sooner or later <i>you'll</i> be the one with the man advantage and can have your revenge! I can somewhat understand being upset when a stranger you may well never play again Turn 16 fouls, but not when it's a friend.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Jubei wrote:
I was pretty upset about the whole thing, until he told me that he thought he could win by making me unable to field 3 players. I told him that that only matters on a kickoff, but since he didn't know …

There is no such obligation. You can set up <i>zero</i> players on kick-off and still play on.

PS - If he was a friend, why were you upset? You'll surely play him again, and sooner or later <i>you'll</i> be the one with the man advantage and can have your revenge! I can somewhat understand being upset when a stranger you may well never play again Turn 16 fouls, but not when it's a friend.
I know he was a friend, but, isn't it true that your friends can usually tick you off worse than anybody else can?
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Jubei wrote:
pac wrote:
Jubei wrote:

I know he was a friend, but, isn't it true that your friends can usually tick you off worse than anybody else can?

Of course. But you get to get them back for it! Twisted Evil
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Choose better friends Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

oh NO NOT AGAIN!

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

For reference: my last game against an RL friend. 9 fouls total and 5 perms or worse. The only reason I didn't T16 foul was because my blitz caused a CAS anyway. Sad

Now we just have to work on breaking that CAS record next season …

Edit: Even more importantly, the players I niggled were myself <b>and</b> FatherShadow! Nothing better to sweeten the bitter taste of defeat. Evil or Very Mad
MightyQuinn

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Give Star Player points back to the fouler for casualties and that should make everyone happy Smile
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

um....another fouling thread....FOR GOD SAKES GIVE IT A REST, ONE OR TWICE ALRIGHT, BUT NEAR 200 TIMES IS JUST SAD!!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not another one. It's an old one revived! (see my song?)

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this thread was created in august the 7th... not exactly "old" in my book. Razz

...and the fact that it only has 10 pages now shows how new it is, being a fouling thread.

Post 8 Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe_Star wrote:
um....another fouling thread....FOR GOD SAKES GIVE IT A REST, ONE OR TWICE ALRIGHT, BUT NEAR 200 TIMES IS JUST SAD!!!!!

oi im sick of reading this crap
if you dont like the tread look somewhere else
if you want to message just to say its crap why are you bothering
you add to the size of the tread and frustrate others

this was my first post
i haven't been around for years
im asking a question that has show 10 pages of intrest

I JUST DONT GET IT
IF ITS IN THE RULES ITS FAIR GAME
FOUL KILL WIN LOOSE
JUST HAVE FUN BOYZ AND GIRLS

this is what i can work out