35 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My personal opinion is that requiring fluff to relate to GW background is unnecessary and stifles creativity. Check out the Stunty Manifesto for a more detailed rationale, and for more information on race design in general.

BTW, the name "Giant Rat" could use some work... I'd recommend "Rous". Ten gold stars to the nerdling who first identifies where I got that from. Razz

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Princess Bride, but Giant Rat is a Warhammer creature...

P.S. that should be R.O.U.S. Each letter pronounced

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Technically all skaven are ROUS. I like the fun of it being a game set in the Warhammer world. I'd hate to see a pokemon team. There's so much room for other stunty things in warhammer. Since stunty means small and not 'weak' you can include a lot of things that are normally str 3 in the game. You can even make new versions of other teams. There's 4 marks of chaos over three armies for instance. There's four Vampire Count blood lines, not that we need more Strygs. There's even 3 kinds of elves. Once we exhaust all of these options maybe looking outside of Warhammer would be a good idea, but not while it has such a wealth of information left.
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would never argue for the inclusion of something like Pokemon, but I fail to see the logic in summarily dismissing anything not derived from Warhammer... particularly given the roots of that universe. Most anything fantasy-related seems similar enough to easily fit with the rest of the races. Again, the rationale is detailed in the Manifesto, so I'll be quiet now. Razz

My impression is that gamers who have invested time and money into the Warhammer universe through non-BB games are more reluctant to accept something GW didn't publish... even though most of the races in the Stunty Leeg have never been indicated by GW as involved in BB at all to my knowledge. At least, no one has ever answered my questions about sources to locate such information in my attempts to understand fluff-related arguments of race design. If you have some, I'd love to read it. Even better, write up the fluff for each race at Stunty Leeg Central! References to published information would be greatly appreciated.

Regardless, this is getting off topic from your race concept, so I'll avoid posting any more here. There are older threads you can revive regarding these other issues.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you like the idea of an ungor team let me know how you feel about my Bray Herd
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2007 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

What about teams for the clans Pestilence, Mors and Rictus then?
The clan Moulder roster looks quite balanced (in the wide span of existent stunty teams)

Killhouse

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2007 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

orko_oskar wrote:
If you like the idea of an ungor team let me know how you feel about my Bray Herd

I don't like it at all. It's a regular team with a few unbalanced guys in it. Very little creativity, and actually restricts the team being split into four different marks later if the opportunity arises. I made a comment with a team I think fits the fluff of the army a lot better--as I am a beastmen player on the tabletop and love them fiercely. Look at it and tell me what you think. I retained the skills on the centigor you had since I like the idea of it working differently from a bull centaur, but you need to justify dauntless better. Maybe replace it with frenzy to create a sense of unity for the whole team? A frenzied stunty team sounds like a lot of fun to me, and I think fluff wise that this is the team that needs to do it.
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2007 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
What about teams for the clans Pestilence, Mors and Rictus then?
The clan Moulder roster looks quite balanced (in the wide span of existent stunty teams)

Clan pestilence really doesn't fit in stunty. Their plague monks are really their muscle and they surely aren't stunty material. But it really occurs to me that Moulder can easily be stunty with the addition of giant rats. Someone argued str 1 rats, and other agility 4. Here's my take on it, since I want to be honest to the fluff and the play style of the armies.

Agility often relates to initiative in the army books. Elves tend to be higher initiative usually 4, AG4, and dwarves tend to be slower intitiative 2, AG2. Sooo... giant rats which easily fit in the strength category of 2 since it comprises many different strengths in the game and is more reliant on size, and the agility of 4 category since giant rats are initiative 4. This agility won't throw the team out of balance since they have such a huge disadvantage and can't handle the ball.

The only possible problem I see with the team is skilling up rats is going to be a pain, since they can only get cas. But in stunty league, with their amazing speed and agility, it shouldn't be a problem.

The only thing I'm still wondering about is should packmasters get passing access? It can represent their strong whip cracking abilties and give them hopes to reach a good passing game. There's very little passing in stunty, and it may be a fun addition, but I don't want to give them passing access unless it's completely necessary because I can't recall another player in stunty who has it. And I really feel if this team is going to be the first it needs to fit in balance wise and fluff wise.

I'd like to get any last thoughts on it, and then ammend it permanently.
 Jump to: