60 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Here're the rules...

No Games to be played outside the Schedule (They will be rejected by FUMBBL).

can i get a clarification please ?

does this mean that the team i choose to be in the SWL cannot play ANY other games at all ? (ie make another team to play outside the league scheduled games ?)

thanks for any answers.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tath,

I've invited your Norsemen to join the league. We're currently full, but if you leave them in the group, we'll know what kind of extra interest we've got for further expansion. Also, you'll be first pick for our planned expansion at the end of the current season.

No games to be played? Yes, that's exactly what it means. FUMBBL will not accept any match reports for teams in Tournaments unless it is against their scheduled opponent. You'll have to transfer your Norse to Tournament as well...

Thanks for wanting to join us, Tath. We'll squeeze you in as soon as we're able to. Can't believe how popular we are?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

It's designed so that all divisions should end at around the same time though, so we'll maybe have a few quick midseason cups and such that'll allow you to play against everyone...

sounds good, r there PLAYOFFS at the end of the season(rookie SWD & SED), if so can the winner of each go head to head? Not that it is goning to be me!...Wink
Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Tath,

I've invited your Norsemen to join the league. We're currently full, but if you leave them in the group, we'll know what kind of extra interest we've got for further expansion. Also, you'll be first pick for our planned expansion at the end of the current season.

No games to be played? Yes, that's exactly what it means. FUMBBL will not accept any match reports for teams in Tournaments unless it is against their scheduled opponent. You'll have to transfer your Norse to Tournament as well...

Thanks for wanting to join us, Tath. We'll squeeze you in as soon as we're able to. Can't believe how popular we are?

thanks for the quick reply, and not to sound like too much of a dullard ... now that my team has been transfered to the tournament division, and ive accepted the invitation to the SWL, i CANT play any games with them that arent the scheduled games (which wont begin until the current SWL season finsihes) OR i CAN play games with them BUT i CANT have the games recorded ? IE i cant get cash, etc, injuries ? and so on ... ?

thanks again in advance for any replies Smile.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tath, that's correct... a Tournament team is for the tournament and that's it... if you register with the SWL you can't play elsewhere...

What you can do though is create an Open Div team and play them while you wait and in addition to your Norse...

(I am presuming you're new to fumbbl)

Good luck,
Clay

PS = glad to see another Norse team, the League Commish hates them with a passion Smile
vigil

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I agree. Keep the entry into SWL condition that new teams entered be one of the rarer open teams in the league - flings and gobbos excepted - keep the diversity up and we get to have a nice spread of teams.

Also, after we've played a few seasons and a couple of the teams are getting so ugly or niggled the game is hurting from it, let's not end the group - retire all the teams when we reckon it's time, write them a suitable epilogue and then start the league again with the condition that everyone must play a new race - the fun, it never ends!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Tath, that's correct... a Tournament team is for the tournament and that's it... if you register with the SWL you can't play elsewhere...

Not entirely correct Clay. So long as the team is not actually in a 'Tournament' (like the Premiership or one of the Regional Divs), they can play games freely. Being in a Group doesn't proclude you from playing.

If we are to let these Norse chaps in on our planned expansion to 32 teams at the end of the season, they'll probably want to play a few games to avoid being vastly outmatched by everybody.

Dunno what we'll do about that... we'll have to decide closer to the time...

Clay wrote:
PS = glad to see another Norse team, the League Commish hates them with a passion Smile

There's only one Norse team that I hate! Razz
Dannyboy will be avenged eventually and that dog Oslobahn will get his portion of justice... you mark my words! Mad
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Vigil,

I think when a team becomes niggled to the point of hopelessness, they will lose games and drift downwards to Div3 and beyond...

If a coach gets sick of playing them, then they can retire them and recreate a new TR100 team and start at the bottom div again...

At the end of the day, I think the coach should decide to play on or retire... I wouldn't like to retire my team if I was still having fun with them because the league got "rebooted"

Which means that whilst we will have a promotion/relegation system (3 up and down say), you might find 4 teams get promoted simply because another team has pulled the plug on top of the 3 relegated teams...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

TWahn,

I disagree... why are you bending the rules for this team? If you want to join, start at TR100 in the bottom div... I am sure due to turnover, most teams in the bottom div will be TR100 or thereabouts...

What's stopping this player (no offence Tath) from playing 25 games between now and Season 3 and then joining and swamping Div 3 or being given Div 1 or 2 status at the get go because of his ballooned TR?

He should, as with all, register their team and await a slot... even if thats in the first KO Cup or Season 3....

In the interim, he can join other tourneys or play Open Div with other teams of his creation...

(I'm not trying to be argumentative, just giving my 2 cents... Smile)

Clay
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Clay. A zero game start must be manditory for teams entering. There are too many issues that would need to be addressed. For new teams do we allow them a ceratin number of games to help them start? Problem with this is a game against halflings is completely different to a game against dwarves. Other option is to allow teams accumulate a certain amount of SPPs. This has the problem of manufacturing star players, and even then, we'd have to spend time determining a fair number.

The simplest and most efficient method is to treat all new teams with the same bias, with no games played.
Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Tath,

I've invited your Norsemen to join the league.

Hopefully its not too much trouble, but ive re-done my norse team as i want to leave them out of the league (ie so i can play with them as i please), i have now made a wood elf team to be added to the tournament.

The Sithi is the team name, its in the tournament league.

Cheers
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rennigeb wrote:
The simplest and most efficient method is to treat all new teams with the same bias, with no games played.

I think we'll have to see what the league looks like once season 1 is finished with. A new TR100 thrust amongst a league of teams who have all played at least 7 games will result in that team being summarily slaughtered in every one of their games. The simplest solution would be to either allow teams within a certain TR cap (say TR150 or whatever?) which would still be below most if not all others but not so drastically so, or else to ensure that the new team has plenty of similar TR 100 peers to play against in whichever division they are placed.
I prefer fresh teams at any rate, as they are well grounded within our league with no prior history which makes for a better feel to the whole thing.

We'll end discussion on this for now I think. Get our present situation happening first...
See what looks best at the time. We can burn those bridges when we get to them! Wink

For now, on with the games! All teams who are not within a division at present should play no games with their team. They will just sit there and wait.
Shifty

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tath,

To make it simple mate, you can have as many teams as you want, but just have one in the Tournament Division (ie you can make multiple teams in Open League, DivX, Stunty, etc.)

The games Vrox, Tweak, Drea and myself have been using arent our tournament teams, just other ones we made up. Make an Open division team and hook up with us, we've all got teams of varying exp.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, both Regionals are now up and running! Get into it guys! Very Happy

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
TJ

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

G'day, I'm a Sth Aussie with an incomplete Undead team (yet to be reviewed). I would like to join the SWL tournament please.

Once my team has been finalised, I will let you know so that I may receive an invite.

Thanks, TJ
 Jump to: