57 coaches online • Server time: 23:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the concept?
Definitely worth developing. It's one of the strongest concepts floating around.
29%
 29%  [ 11 ]
I like it. But I'd like to see skills and numbers before endorsing.
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
Average Concept. No better than the other concepts floating around.
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Below average. Not worht investing any time in developing.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
The worst Stunty Leeg Concept that I've seen in ages.
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

hunter wrote:
Pirog wrote:
Yeah, that hardly sounds overpowered at all...

Question Seriously?

Well seeing as how there was no mention of other vitally important factors for any positions including:

MV
AG
AV
Cost
Starting Skills
Secret Weapons

...it certainly doesn't seem overpowered to me. Rather poor form to summarily and preemptively nay-say a concept without a logical basis or argument.

Not that I am particularly concerned about this concept really, I just like to see a bit more thought and construction in criticism. It seems to happen with nearly every new concept posted... very sad really, and off-putting to those considering developing and posting a new race concept.

Regards,
~hunter

And what would the nerf be, having them all be ST 1 and AG 2?
Simply having access to those varying skills in stunty league is an extreme bonus. Just having 4 G access players is very good. Having 4 potential guards and 4 players with a passing game (non existant so far in stunty league) to add to that is going to require some very hard swings with the nerf bat to compensate.

Add Ph access as well and you have two headed stunties that can catch long passes...

If you could work it out into a functioning roster I will offer you my apologies for executing your idea right away, but I have very strong doubts that you will.
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

meh... I have no plans on developing a roster... never did. I was just trying to provide feedback on the concept (and look what that got me... lol).

I definitely think it would be possible to do, though- add some negatraits like bonehead or OFAB, use a mixture of ST, AG, and AV, etc., and power is countered with unreliability and/or self-destruction.

One of the biggest arguments against all-ST2 teams has always been "how will they deal with big guys?", and that would be a fitting concern here.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty players with Pass skill aren't very good, anyway - the best Passers are (non-stunty) Bombers.

4 G players and 4 S players looks like potential trouble, though.
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hell yeah!!!!
i dont play stunty and i just read this caus i have too much time but:
a team with that hands as players.... i need it!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

hunter wrote:
EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Although the Stand Firm Golem would come close to duplicating the BrawlMart Scabs that Hunter has lately been paralleling with his much less fun and fluffy Sepulcher Sect.

lol... WOW! Shocked

Not very subtle or constructive, but I'll take the plug... thanks, Ego.

BTW, I have no idea what a BrawlMart Scab is, and your links don't help... please provide accurate information so I can see what I am paralleling.

Regards,
~hunter

Sepulcher Sect is a great idea, just need some changes to strengthen them at high TR. I like the wiz idea and the fluff too.
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

Just make stats for each of those figs and make them all 0-1! Very Happy

I like this idea. I mean, seriously! Okay, perhaps just 16 of them, but still.

Some of them have such obvious skills - Very Long Legs for the Stilts and Prehensile Tail for Imp, just as examples.

(I always loved the Lune.)
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my ideas for doing the Dark Familiars using the 0-4 approach.

"Imp": The teams blitzer with horns and tail. (naturally using the imp mini)
Basic Imp MA:5 ST:2 AG:3 AV:7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff , Horn, Tail (AGILITY)
Mayhem Imp MA:5 ST:2 AG:3 AV:7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Horn, Tail (AGILITY. GENERAL)
More Mayhem Imp MA:5 ST:2 AG:3 AV:7 Skills: WIld Animal, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Horn, Tail (AGILITY. GENERAL)
More Unique Imp MA:5 ST:2 AG:3 AV:7 Skills: Stunty, Right Stuff, Horn, Tail (GENERAL)

"Golem": The battle/bodyguard familiar probably with the fluffy Stand Firm (beastling, mannequin, armoured mite mini)
Basic Golem MA:3 ST:2 AG:1 AV7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Thick Skull (STRENGTH)
Mayhem Golem MA:3 ST:2 AG:1 AV7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stand Firm, Thick Skull (STRENGTH)
More Mayhem Golem MA:3 ST:2 AG:1 AV7 Skills: Bonehead, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stand Firm, Thick Skull (STRENGTH)
More Unique Golem MA:3 ST:2 AG:1 AV7 Skills: Stunty, Right Stuff, Thick Skull (STRENGTH)

"Familiar": A classic fetching familiar maybe with the fluffy Sure Hands (scroll bearer, lune, jack-o-lantern)
Basic Familiar MA:6 ST:1 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff (AGILITY)
Mayhem Familiar MA:6 ST:1 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sure Hands (AGILITY)
More Mayhem Familiar: MA:6 ST:1 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sure Hands, NOS (AGILITY)

"Homunculus": The power familiar imbued with the Sorcerer's intelligence and magic perhaps with magic inspired Strong Arm (walking book, bird thing, mystery imp minis)
Basic Homunculus MA:4 ST:2 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Strong Arm (AGILITY, PASSING)
Mayhem Homunculus MA:4 ST:2 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Strong Arm, TTM (AGILITY, PASSING)
More Mayhem Homunculus MA:4 ST:2 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Strong Arm, TTM, Always Hungry (AGILITY, PASSING)
More Unique Homunculus MA:4 ST:2 AG:3 AV:6 Skills: Stunty, Right Stuff, Strong Arm (PASSING)

A few thoughts on each:
Imp: I'm reluctant to go the Mayhem or More Mayhem route because it's a bit too close to the Strigoyan schtick of 4 Gen access OFAB Stunties.
Golem: I caved in on the chorus of complaints about AV 8 but it also would have been a bit too close to the Pygmy's Alligator warrior schtick. I like the Boneheaded one for it's Mayhem value.
Familiar: I had a hard time coming up with a More Mayhem version but I figured being around wild and crazy wizardly battles would tend to give you unshakable nerves.
Homunculus: Seeing as there are 2 decent proposals (Imp & Horrors) involving TTM, I'd be reluctant to give the Homunculus TTM UNLESS the other 2 rosters where deemed to NEVER be added to the Leeg. I'd like to think magically assisted (Strong Arm) pasing ought to be enough to make this positional unique.

I think a balanced roster could be created using a variety (by mixing Basic, Mayhem, More Mayhem and Unique) of these positionals. I'll let the community bash around the ideas (it worked well on the first part of this design) before I propose a final roster.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link. Don't click on me!

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

av 8+ isn't really the problem its widespread av 8+I'd think the team would be fine with say 0-2 imps with gen access 0-2 golems with av 8 or even 9 and str 0- 2 Homunculus with pass and the rest random familiars with say 6236 dodge stunty if we want you could even give the ttm and right stuff for the ttm just use it as say a teleport desighnbut if you do i'd knock down familiar move to 5

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
pikathulu

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

just some quick comments:

imp: go for the basic imp. 4xGeneral access + horns + tail is way too good. Tackle and tail is a nasty combo, especially with side-step/shadowing. Keeping then with just A access will mean that doubles can be used for tackle/block. I might even consider giving them mutations, even though there are a couple of other teams with them.

Golem: either the more unique golem (with SF i take it) would be cool. Stunty, only S access and no dodge means these guys are going to be quite fragile. Not too sure what we could do about that except up the armour or make them quite cheap.

Familiar: probably the more mayhem version since this team will need a fair bit of help when things get bogged down, and crazy NoS plays could be just what is needed Smile I like it Razz

Homunculus: I would probably take the basic version here. With the roster as it is, this looks like a ball playing team more than any other in stunty, so i would probably take out the TTM option for these guys. I would keep the Ag access since otherwise there will be up to 8 players without ag access / dodge. Also, I might think about upping the MA to 5 for these guys, as they would likely end up needing it. Of course with Ag access, they can just get sure feet.

overall for the team, they are looking pretty good, but would need a fair bit of playtesting to make sure they arn't underpowered vs other teams BGs/Gen access. Since they dont have any BGs and are very much a 'team' team (ie everyone need to play their part) i would shy away from nega-traits unless things seem to be a bit over the top.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I added it to the wiki.

Dark Familiars
Qty Title Cost MA ST AG AV Skills & Traits Allowed Skills
0-4 Imp 50000 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff , Horn, Tail A
0-4 Brute 40000 3 2 1 7 Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Thick Skull S
0-4 Familiar 40K 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sure Hands, NOS A
0-4 Homunculus 40K 4 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Strong Arm A, P

Star Player
Name Cost MA ST AG AV Skills & Traits
Wizbang - - - - - TTM