49 coaches online • Server time: 18:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2009 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take the San Diego Superchargers not sure what sort of team yet leaning towards Norse or Dark Elves.

Thinking about a Chaos, Orc or Nurgle team in the NFC but not sure which team to pick. Almost any of them will do. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Decided on Norse... team name... Scandinavo Frenzy Chargers.
With STAR RB "L'Dane" Ian Tomlinson.
eisen

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2009 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The new chat room is up. Just join the NBFL channel whenever you can. The more your there the more you can play and be active! Smile
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Apojar wrote:
Eisen,

I'll keep St. Louis and the NY Jets methinks. Azure is playing Kansas City? You a KC fan? I never knew that... learn something every day...

Caps for starting? we using the NCBB channel?

Apo

I made the chiefs vampires....they should do as well in NBFL as they do in real life Smile
BloodBowlNutter

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Apojar wrote:
Eisen,

I'll keep St. Louis and the NY Jets methinks. Azure is playing Kansas City? You a KC fan? I never knew that... learn something every day...

Apo

I made the chiefs vampires....they should do as well in NBFL as they do in real life Smile

Do you have Matt Cassel in your team?
Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Catalyst, who brings in San Diego. (Scandinavo). 18 teams down (9 gone from each conference). Start getting your builder games in! The quicker you get them in, the quicker we can begin the fun of the regular season!

I wish all of you the best of luck for the upcoming season. It's going to be a rough ride!

I'm excited!
Apojar
Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you folks haven't stopped into #NBFL as of yet, the topic is now set to show that the deadline for team building is THIS SUNDAY. Eisen is hoping to open the season on Monday, so your teams should be 125 TR by then, to avoid large disadvantages in games. Just wanted to make sure you all saw that.

Possibility exists of two divisions in each conference! Now THAT'S exciting.
Apo
eisen

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings all. I’m happy to announce that the first season of the NBFL will kick off Monday 4/23! Get those jockstraps out of the wash because hard hitting gridiron action is just around the corner! There are still a lot of great teams available for those new coaches who wish to get into an awesome league right at the start. Just check over the rules page and submit a team.

There are a few existing coaches who have yet to play any preseason matches. It is HIGHLY encouraged that you get a couple games in before the start of the season. This will let me know who’s active and who’s not. Rember this league will have a very low tolerance for slackers, and I won’t hesitate to boot people and free up their team for a more active coach. Preseason games can be played with Elite Challenge rules. So if your running short on time (and both players agree) try out a 5v5 (or any other option) to speed things up. You can play games with any L team up to 125TR. It's really easy to find games as our new IRC room is up. Just join #NBFL and let the madness begin!

Game on!

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6524
Aenir

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

oh jeez, i thought i kicked the habit, sign me up for Jacksonville
foresttim

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Aenir wrote:
oh jeez, i thought i kicked the habit, sign me up for Jacksonville

Woot I'll win one game then!

Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodBowlNutter wrote:
Azure wrote:
Apojar wrote:
Eisen,

Apo

I made him a thrall...I am not sold on him doing well with the cheifs...still not going to break 8-8 and considering how terrible there division is...I mean seriously - what was the record of the AFC West last year against teams outside of their own division? You are not sure...I can help you out!
8-8, 8-8, 5-11, 2-14 is a collective: 23-41 but 12-12 is the in division record. So the out of division record is a just plain terrible 11-29. The chiefs managed to go 2-4 against their division mates (their only 2 wins) - but even removing their 10 losses. It is just plain sad...so Matt Cassel doing well? I think not!!
BloodBowlNutter

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
BloodBowlNutter wrote:
Azure wrote:
Apojar wrote:
Eisen,

Apo

I made him a thrall...I am not sold on him doing well with the cheifs...still not going to break 8-8 and considering how terrible there division is...I mean seriously - what was the record of the AFC West last year against teams outside of their own division? You are not sure...I can help you out!
8-8, 8-8, 5-11, 2-14 is a collective: 23-41 but 12-12 is the in division record. So the out of division record is a just plain terrible 11-29. The chiefs managed to go 2-4 against their division mates (their only 2 wins) - but even removing their 10 losses. It is just plain sad...so Matt Cassel doing well? I think not!!

Yes the division was well crap! I'm a Broncos fan and with whats going on at the Mile High I can't see them doing better than 8-8. I mean came on why would you come in as a rookie head coach and mess around with the number 2 Offence?
Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy folks! We're well on our way to Opening Day!

We've got 10 teams in the AFC, and 9 for the NFC so far. Glancing quickly, geographically speaking, this is what the AFC Division would look like:

AFC EAST
-------------------
Baltimore Necros
New Scotland Patriots
Buffalo Billy Goats Gruff
Khemsonville Jaguars
Pittsburgh Pirates

AFC WEST
----------------------
Scandinavo Frenzy Chargers
Denvers Broncos
Oaklady Raiders
Kansas City Vampire Lords
Cinderfall Bengals

The NFC divisional breakdown is a bit hazy to stare at from a distance, with so many Central teams being involved.

NFC EAST
--------------------
Philadelphia Chaotic Eagles

NFC WEST
----------------------
Arizona Cardinalz
San Francisco 69'ers

Those are the only true easy placements so far, based on geography and the way they normally would sit in the NFL. (Yes, I know Dallas is normally an NFC East team, but in terms of the geography, it doesn't make much sense...)

The remaining teams to place would be:
-------------------------------------
Skar Bay Bucs
New Lean Saints
DeTroit Lionz
Chicago Bares
Minnesnowta ViQueens
Dallas Cow Boys

I guess we can debate where we feel these teams should land. If I were deciding, I think I would almost do something silly like this:

NFC CENTRAL
--------------------
Skar Bay Buccaneers
Philadelphia Chaotic Eagles
New Lean Saints
DeTroit Lionz
Chicago Bares

NFC WEST
------------------
Arizona Cardinalz
San Francisco 69'ers
Minnesnowta ViQueens
Dallas Cow Boys

Just wondering what you all think, as it is REALLY slow at work today. I'm bored out of my gord, and I'm just SO EXCITED to play this league!

Discuss!
Apo
Necros

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guy, What teams are left for each divison? hopefully a undead and Necro team coming this way thx Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

With the intended game plan for the league, how can we move forward with an uneven amount of teams? If we're going to have each team play their division opponents x2 and conference opponents x1, that is.

I'd suggest we leave 3 teams as standby teams, until we get more coaches/teams. Particularly the teams with no games yet and that are a second team by the same coach (to even out the conferences). The main problem is the two teams per coach thing, which is hard to balance, unless it was a mandatory league. Besides... what happens if the same coach wins both the AFC and NFC, do we skip the super bowl?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Necros wrote:
Hi guy, What teams are left for each divison? hopefully a undead and Necro team coming this way thx Smile

NFC

St Louis
Seattle
Green Bay
Carolina
NY Giants
Washington
Atlanta

AFC

NY Jets
Indianapolis
Cleveland