32 coaches online • Server time: 09:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ace-Bronson

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My question is, where will all the miniatures come from?
johandenerad

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, there are some definite miss outs. I've been trying to get the draft list up on here in a presentable format, but can't make it be monotype. Any help there would be appreciated. The team lists available are: Amazon, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Goblin, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Lizardmen, Necro, Norse, Orc, Pro Elf, Skaven, Undead, Vampire, Wood Elf. (sorry to those of you who already suggested Nurgle/Slann players - I thought we had them but apparently not)

Trade's will be around, though I'm not sure on that yet.

RR's will be 50k. Money somewhere over 1000k, ranging from 1200-1500 I think. There's going to be a stadium upgrade thing but I'm ignoring that for now.

There will be mini-drafts of 24 players at the beginning of each season after the first. These are randomly generated off a set of player tables, based on value. Lineman can be drafted/signed whenever, as per above (roll d6: 1-2=Human, 3-4=Orc, 5-6=Skaven). Every roster has a maximum of sixteen slots.

Last edited by johandenerad on %b %17, %2009 - %06:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
johandenerad

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ace-Bronson wrote:
My question is, where will all the miniatures come from?

Smile Most of us already own multiple teams, with vast swathes being unpainted. This is an excuse to get them painted (i.e. get the guys who can paint to paint everybody's).
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say the ULTIMATE DRAFT that you could expect would go something like.
DeathRoller, Chaos Warrior, Black Orc, Dark Elf Blitzer, Witch Elf, Pro Elf Catcher, Norse Runner, Human Thrower, Wight, High Elf Lineman, Chaos Marauder, Goblin Looney, and the Highest AV players you can draft.

Obviously this will not be your exact team but something along these lines would be quite fearsome as a Basher than can easily 2 turn. BUT if your opponents draft well they will also have those types of teams. Just be sure you are loading up on the types of players you want to us for your playstyle. THEN supplement your team with all the other NASTY elements and some Genuine Ballers.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

my opinion of picks, first named is best pick in my world Razz

draft round:

1. mino (muta + ttm + frenzy) or snow troll (he has claw + str access, as far as i remember ) or chaos warrior

2. gutter runner or woodie catcher or wardancer

3. vampire or wuff wuff aka werwolf or chaos dwarf blocker or the str 4 player from norse or dwarf lino

4. blitzer with str access, best orc then human then ama

5. then get ag 4 as much as you can ^^

aim, a totally bashing team with ball handling and one time option, without ttm ^^

skills: big guys claw + mb + pilling on (no neg trait uahahaha)
blitzers tackle + mb + pilling on
johandenerad

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again for the thoughts guys Smile anyone who has more, keep 'em comin'
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd start by looking at your first pick, which is at 5. That means 4 players have been picked before you get your first choice. This means that you should make a wish list of 5 players in order of preference and get the highest one from it as your first pick. The rest of the picks you'll have to do with more general guidelines as it's too hard to forecast what's going to be left. The biggest question is obviously whether to go for a big guy or not. There are 7 of them (without Nurgle) so you'd be guaranteed one of them.

I'd go for either:

Big guys:
1. Death Roller (if not Secret Weapon, if Secret Weapon, then I wouldn't bother)
2. Vampire
3. Kroxigor
4. Minotaur
5. Treeman

Something else:
1. Vampire
2. Wardancer
3. Big Guy

Then on the subsequent drafts, go for S skill access or AG4 players. I'd aim to have two AG4 players. I think you'll be lucky to get two and for that you should pick one at the first draft. Maybe take the High Elf thrower as your second pick if there's nothing better there.

I don't rank Gutter Runners or Wood Elf catchers very high for this type of draft. As you can only have one, he should be built for defence (and definitely not for 1 turners) and High or Pro elf catchers with ST3 are better suited for that (pro elf is obviously better with NOS). Gutter Runners and Wood elf catchers work best when there's at least two of them on the pitch.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Death Roller is not considered a Secret Weapon it is the best player in the game.
I does not have to Dodge EVER as per the rules. Just don't abandon it or let it stray away from your cage. Get it Guard early and keep your Guards or other Big Guys around it and it will LITERALLY PAVE THE WAY TO THE END ZONE!!!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
If the Death Roller is not considered a Secret Weapon it is the best player in the game.
I does not have to Dodge EVER as per the rules. Just don't abandon it or let it stray away from your cage. Get it Guard early and keep your Guards or other Big Guys around it and it will LITERALLY PAVE THE WAY TO THE END ZONE!!!

I suggest you actually read the LRB5 rules Confused Without secret weapon it is probably the best player though, alongside maybe the vampire.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Carnis

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

johandenerad wrote:
Oh, there are some definite miss outs. I've been trying to get the draft list up on here in a presentable format, but can't make it be monotype. Any help there would be appreciated. The team lists available are: Amazon, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Goblin, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Lizardmen, Necro, Norse, Orc, Pro Elf, Skaven, Undead, Vampire, Wood Elf. (sorry to those of you who already suggested Nurgle/Slann players - I thought we had them but apparently not)

Str increases are more rare than Ag increases on the SPP table, other than that your big guys will be seriously overpowered (Especially the deathroller, who loses loner/no hands/secret weapon).

Do you have elf linemen on the draft? Anyway, if I checked right you will have either 4x3 (no elf linemen) or 4x4 (elf linemen) AG 4 players available + 1 gutter runner&vampire, so the ST4+ players should be rarer & thus the preferred pick on the draft.

Minotaur
Chaos Warrior
Bullcentaur
Deathroller
Troll
Treeman
Ogre
Kroxi
Sauri
Flesh Golem
Snow Troll
Ulfwerener
Black Orc
Rat Ogre
Mummy
Vampire

The ST4 players are here in no particular order, as you probably will have different selection criteria than I do anyway. I would prefer the players who get AV9 & regen (so they'll stay around for the next draft as well), or possibly players that are seriously underpriced under your ruleset (As you said, your commissioner is changing prices for lost neg-traits).

Other than what has already been said, I think the rat ogre will shine over the other big guys with frenzy & no loner/wild animal. But maybe nuffle will kill him sooner with his AV8.

After you've grabbed your 2-4 ST4+ players, go for whatever agi is left. If your draft is running out of AG players before the ST players then take one before they run out instead.

I wonder how long your players will keep being interested in the league though, as after the draft your teams may be left seriously uneven.

Edit: Chainsaw without secret weapon will give him stunty dodge bonus, add dodge and you've got one serious 1 man cage breaker. He will be shortlived though..
johandenerad

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, yet another thing I didn't realise: should have pointed out Deathroller is a secret weapon and secret weapons come with the negatives (otherwise the DR would be uberborked)

Thanks again for all help Smile
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

what happens if a player dies? Can you buy it again?
johandenerad

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Do you have elf linemen on the draft? Anyway, if I checked right you will have either 4x3 (no elf linemen) or 4x4 (elf linemen) AG 4 players available + 1 gutter runner&vampire

There are elf lineman on the draft indeed.

There are 15 players with ST4+ and 20 players* with AG4+ on the draft, so you're right about ST players going quicker. I'm looking to build for strength, and since I have 4 picks in the top 35 (5,13,20,29) I can probably afford to wait on an AG4 ball handler until my 4th pick, though might have to be quicker if there looks to be a run on them.

I've been umming and aahing and my main problem is this: there are 15 ST4 players on the draft. I have picks 5,13,20,29. I want to play bashy, but it's likely I won't be able to pick up 3 ST4+ players, let alone 4. I'm hoping players like the Gutter Runner, Werewolf, WE and PE Catchers and Wardancer go in the top 20 for those who want more speed and agility.

If I'm stuck with 2 ST4+ players, should I attempt to grab up the best ST access guys left or focus on balance?

*3 of the elf teams have 4 positions, dark elves have 5, and there is apparently an extra pro elf linemen on the draft list, so with the gutter runner and the vamp this makes 20.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

I suggest you actually read the LRB5 rules Confused Without secret weapon it is probably the best player though, alongside maybe the vampire.

I know the rules for LRB5. But his league is not using all of those NEGATIVE TRAITS. But they may only apply to Big Guys and may not apply to Secret Weapons. If Secret Weapon rules don't apply then it can gain SPPS, yes?

If your Death Roller is going to get tossed as a Secret Weapon I would lower it's draft status considerably. But if I wanted bashing power I would try to grab it a little later for the punch it can add during a LONG GRUELING OFFENSIVE DRIVE. I love those kinds of drives.
MasterMag

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember the Khems tomb guards as well, another big guy who might be overlooked since many consider them mummies Wink
 Jump to: