35 coaches online • Server time: 19:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PhrollikK wrote:
There is one basic rule: Always score if the opportunity arises. Sure you might want to stall at one time or another but giving away a guaranteed TD and then drawing or even losing is as stupid substitute for 3 SPP. I think everyone is guilty of this though Smile

Depends what your priorities are.

Winning is good for +1 to FF roll. If you all ready have a decent FF winning an open game doesn't gain you much at all. Wink

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the situation. I find for example that if my team is getting quite high in TS then it is not too easy to skill up rookie linemen while still having a good chance of winning, and yet not skilling them up is going to cause me trouble later on, so I might be tempted by such a risk.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a matter of personal preference.
In L it may be crucial to skill a player for next game (i.e. playing Russo I want to an extra DP! or having no tackler against dodgy elves) and so a handoff might be worth the risk, but even then assuming the points for the win aren't vital.

In R, playing in the spirit of the division, I'd just take the score every time.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Last edited by SeraphimRed on %b %10, %2009 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:

In R, playing in the spirit of the division.
Smile

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Your chance to succeed was 89% with the reroll!

I find myself in exactly the same situation quite often because either it takes somebody with skillups to actually get near the endzone safely or some lino had to pick it up after a mad hunt after the ball. (= when "safely" wasn't up for debate at all Wink )

Weirdly enough, I got the guy who needs just 3SPPS more for his next level around oftentimes and I almost always try the hand-off as long as I got a reroll,
because having won 2:1 doesn't give me the same satisfaction as getting a skillup for some reason Wink

I wouldn't blame myself for being unlucky on an 11% chance to fail.

---

On a related matter:

If you consider making a couple blocks before scoring even,
it helps to know that (given the block itself succeeds) the chance to get a cas on a regular av8 player ist 4,6%.
Taking the block itself into this calculation (say a block equipped vs noskill 2dice block, which is the best case scenario)
lowers the chance of cas down to 3,45% while having a 2,8% chance to fall over oneself.

That means you would have to make 29 end-of-turn blocks like this over the course of several games to statistically get the reward of 2 SPPs on some guy for sure.
(Westerner could tell you at which block you can actually expect to get the SPPs ... my guess is 14,5 and probably wrong again Laughing)

If you ever get the chance to block down a stunty-guy, things look a lot better:
16,2% chance to cas him once the block itself was successful! Cool

While statistically this is all fine and doable,
I wonder if it's really worth getting tensed about possibly failing.

After all:
It might be a radical misconception to put that much emphasis on those last couple blocks ...
Having made some 30 blocks (?) during the half already those one-two extras wont really make the difference, except for the adrenaline you get from them maybe.

Also, you dont only gain 2SPPs once you finally make it but also a mad opponent
who probably wont see why his player had to get niggled on turn16.

Last edited by GoodWill on %b %10, %2009 - %17:%May; edited 4 times in total
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

when i am ahead i try to get the spp.
but in turn8, when i am 0-1, i usually go for the TD, 89% is NOT much. with ag4, i could think of it, but ag3 or lower: score.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i am now talking about a bashing team with a good ballcarrier which goes for a good old 2-1 stalling win.
i look closey who i want to score with, trying to avoid sunnecassery spp on a good ballcarrier, so he won´t age and skilling rest of the team at the same time. so a hand off in a good cage in turn 7 surely is a good idea except in tournament games.
even in turn 8 i would risk a 3+ with rr. it might cost you one game once in 9 times. but the other 8 times it gives you 24spp spread over your team instead of 24spp on a player you don´t want to skill anymore and who shouldn´t get in action/contact with the opponent anyway. from a teambuliding point of view i guess this will win you more games than the 1 in 9 times you might (you can still win the game) screw up
 Jump to: