32 coaches online • Server time: 11:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Royston

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Er... wasn't The Fifth Elephant set mostly in Überwald?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Gordreg wrote:
...they may not have been actually featured in a book yet, but Überwald's supposed to be full of stereotypical mad scientists building monsters with their Igor assistants; the whole of Überwald is basically a collection of horror movie cliches....

Uberwald was pretty much the only location in "The Fifth Elephant", but yes it's basically full of zombies, vampires, werewolves. (with some dwarfs living underground, but they rarely come above the surface...). Necromantic teams suit it by far the best, perhaps using flesh golems and zombies as Igors, and vampires could be wights (in the books they're much more powerful, but... meh), werewolves as werewolves. No idea about ghouls, I guess "vampires" could be them as well? Maybe just boot ghouls and wights from the team, I don't think the necro roster would suffer too much from that, certainly compared to some of the other modifications made Very Happy

Allowing them to hire the count whenever they want should make up for that. I shall ponder further Very Happy
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghouls are Ghouls, they're certainly in Discworld. Remember Mrs. Drull? Wink

I could agree with perhaps nixing wights, though. Either that, or have them count as Banshees or something else.

But since the Vampires and Werewolves feud, I doubt they'd be on the same team. A Vampire team can represent Vampire teams from Uberwald just as well as it can represent the Black Ribboners. Razz
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Arent werewolves and vampires generally on different sides of the polictical spectrum? Which means its very fitting that there are no vampires on the necromantic team... perhaps the Count should be either banned or declared a wolf lord.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

All Stars are banned in the league (for now) aside from the three listed examples. Vampire teams can hire their lord 'cause he's a freebooter, not a Star. Wink
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Gordreg wrote:
Ghouls are Ghouls, they're certainly in Discworld. Remember Mrs. Drull? Wink

Ah, true. For some reason I thought Discworld ghouls were something completely different to Bloodbowl ghouls... *shrug*

Also, for another (probably related) reason I thought the vampires and werewolves had made up at the end of The Fifth Elephant, though it's been a couple of years since I actually read a Discworld novel, so could be wrong! However, from a balance point of view, a Necromantic team that just lacks wights probably won't need the boost of being able to bring the Count to any games...
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine wrote:
However, from a balance point of view

Get out Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This is so insane that I m loving it.

Thinking about rodents or humans (guards)

TaChIkOmA! \o/
JoeMalik

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought wights could be banshees, too. There is another banshee than Mr.Ixolite, remember?
Cool
I think there has to be a difference between golems and flesh golems. Discworld golems are - in a unique way - friendly, FG are not. But ok they are just results of some crazy experiments.
Zombies as Igors is obvious, but I´m not going to name every player Igor Very Happy
There will be one Igor and the rest are human servants.
Grin

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in with the "Mighty Silver Horde"! GREAT LEAGUE!!!! Very Happy

Are Ogres allowed for the Barbarians?
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Ogres in this league represent Discworld's Golems or equivilants...I'm sure you can think of at least one very famous incident where Barbarian heroes were assisted by Terracotta warriors? Wink

It's up to you, really. Do you think that bringing along a Golem will respect the code of the Barbarian Hero? You all know what happens when the code is broken... Razz
KenThis

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

surely flesh golems are igors with zombies being townsfolk scared of their masters or igor apprentices.

anyway i want in

where do i sign..
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What about norse-barbarians

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse Barbarians are the sterotypical Hubland Barbarian Heroes, of course. Wink
KenThis

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I'm in with the Horsemen of the Apocalypse