43 coaches online • Server time: 20:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Juff wrote:
Pro elf linos suck. Paying 10k more for a point of MA (WE) or AV (HE/DE) is often too tempting to pass up.

While that's true, for every two pro elf linemen to any two other elf linemen you get a skill on one pro elf one for the same cost. So they are pretty good in a TV matchmaking environment.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Comparing them to skaven is right. The main point is that the pro elves are not about linemen at all.
They do have the best catchers in the game. They are the best race to score a 2TTD with, but really need to develop serious counteroffense players in order to function on those other 6 turns of the half.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

No, no no! Pro Elves are ALL about the linemen. Catchers are good enough at scoring straight out of the box.

On defence, think of 16 spp catchers as wardancers without leap. Think of the linemen as a way of clearing a path to the ball. Wrestle works great for this.

To answer the original poster, Pro Elves are unpopular in box because they are tricky to keep alive. Simple really.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It was very subtle in LRB4, but they were one of the worst designed rosters due to their terrible linos are resulting tendency to "bloat" around the more expensive players. An extremely frustrating team to keep alive and balance over the course of hundreds of games. I only ever found Ogres more challenging to manage.

What LRB4 punished, CRP seems to reward. Now unskilled linos standing beside Ultra-Mega-Super-Star positional players is the way to go. I bet they could be minmaxed to crazy records against ClawPOMB-laden teams unable to handle a handful of fast Blodgers. All but 2 players/1 position are immune to Claw!*

Heck, if you've ever had a ClawPOMB dismantle your team and played the 2nd half short handed, then you're already familiar with the Pro Elf experience. Also, I hear Cyber-punk is making a comeback! All the cool people will be playing Pro Elves, don't get left out.

*not intended as an actual selling point.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Elves are a weird combo of High Elves and Skaven. Their positionals are spectacular, their linos are sometimes useful but most don't survive long enough to get good. High Elves are a better team if you like 11 heroes (I prefer High Elves, that's for sure), but Pro Elf positionals are just about good enough to make up the difference.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

They break

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is the fluff. All the other elf teams got some fancy background, while the pro elves is just elves that are poor (if i read the fluff right, was something about them not having money to buy armour).

But they do realy well in the box. If you got 11 other lineelves for 70k, you can have 11 pro-lineelves and 4 regular skills and a double.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The av7
The fluf
And the passing game

They look like better than almost any other at the passing game, but most coaches learn early on that reliying on passing is not the best way to go, that what you need is defense or stenght/kill.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

They're boring and uncool.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought they were too low on the cool wall. They look like cyber punk sort of "Shadowrun" characters. They wear hockey masks, have av7 and no one plays them, surely that should put them in sub zero Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

They are very cool! and very strong Smile My team was a blast to play, and at somepoint I am going to play them again.

I just think that they brake more often than not Smile and hence people stop playing them at some point.

But the next time I want to "farm" BWR ill do it with my pro elfs Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro's were the first race that caught my eye in BBowl.
To me they're like no-nonsense elves. Without darkie emo stuff, high elf nobby crap or wood elf tree hugging. And their blitzers are just so cool!
The fluff isn't that bad.

For me what kills them is the fact that scoring is easy-easy mode and defense is a nightmare. For an average player like me that means 2-3 turns of fun and 5-6 turns of chinese torture every half, watching your team being mangled. Pretty bad ratio.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ravenmore wrote:
For me what kills them is the fact that scoring is easy-easy mode and defense is a nightmare. For an average player like me that means 2-3 turns of fun and 5-6 turns of chinese torture every half, watching your team being mangled. Pretty bad ratio.

Trick is that you don't want to score that quickly. You want to extend and delay your fun, so you score anywhere between turn 5 and 8, depending on your opponent... And hopefully steal the ball lightning quick when the opponent wants to start the chinese torture.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 10:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
They break

this.

i love them, and they can do anything.

But they break ALL the time.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I always thought they were too low on the cool wall. They look like cyber punk sort of "Shadowrun" characters. They wear hockey masks, have av7 and no one plays them, surely that should put them in sub zero Smile

If only more than 2 of them had hockey masks...

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: