34 coaches online • Server time: 13:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Just kill as many as possible. Don't care about your team. Just destroy the OGRE team. Should be only goal. But ref has to support you. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, the loss of any high tr team other than ogre is a small price to pay to knock one ogre team back down to where it is just a little broken instead of cracked as all hell.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Yep, the loss of any high tr team other than ogre is a small price to pay to knock one ogre team back down to where it is just a little broken instead of cracked as all hell.

heh, I disagree, A loss of a High TR team especcially another ogre team, is a small price to play . . .

Asperon Thorn
Flix

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

with elfs it is easy cause the ogre cannot pin players getting away and block the way of the ball carrier will make a 1-0 at the and if you get a good chance to get the ball use it an win 2-0 easyly . the only way ogre get on nervess is when they succied gobbo throwing so blitz every turn a gobbo ^^
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres can be beaten with great luck (or great skill personally i go with the luck) Repeated 2d against blocks vs all ogres without block especially with wolfs (using claw/mb) can quickly remove a few ogres from the pitch and soon you can start doing 1d and even 2d your choice blocks Lots of guard is essential to improve your blocking chances
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Repeated 2d against blocks vs all ogres without block especially with wolfs

How many high TR Ogre teams have Ogres without block? That tactic may work against your TR100 Ogre opponent. But at the levels we are talking about in this thread, your pet werewolf will quickly end up as a souvenoir on some Ogre's wall.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=92378
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=85670
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=67119

Three matches VS high TR (200+) ogre Teams both had at least 3 ogres without block who could be targeted (and back then Klipps Black Crag blitzers had 2 ST6 ogres and a few AG3 ogres)

In Fact out of 6 games vs ogres my Necros are 3/2/1
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are utterly broken, at least at a higher TR.

Why need the Ogres on the Ogre team to be even stronger then their counterparts on other teams which are considered to be too good too?
All Ogres should be Big Guys (including the ogre-team) for balance, fluff and rule-coherence IMO.
And to make the Ogre-team less boring restrict ogre-access to 0-4 and give them 0-12 Blockers (MA 4, AG 1, Really Stupid, no TTM, 90k or whatever).
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

That's right! Ogres NEED Big Guy. Why don't they have it? Who can say... they certainly semm Big enough...
In fact, give them all Really Stupid too (the combined effect of a whole team of Boneheads?). That'll sort them out and make them comedy fluff team that they ought to be.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
skeletor

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You all say that ogers are overpowerd and broken, ok they are strong, and yes the can have 12 st 5 guys, but look at the ranking in dx the higest ranking ogre team is nr. 15 and its the only one in top 40.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but Skeletor i think that says more about the style of play for most ogre coaches than the capabilities of the team I cant of course say what your style is without looking at replays of your matches, however, while ogres can become the best scoring and the best bashing team out there yet most ogre players focus on the bash to the exclusion of all else and hence dont develop the fast scoring game that can rival wood elfs for sheer speed.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
That's right! Ogres NEED Big Guy. Why don't they have it? Who can say... they certainly semm Big enough...

Yeah. No team should have 4 or more str 5 players without Big Guy. Just look at khemri. errr

The Finishing Touch
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Twahn wrote:

Yeah. No team should have 4 or more str 5 players without Big Guy. Just look at khemri. errr

Well, apart from 4 mummies (MA 3) and 2 ordinary Blitzers the Khemri are quite pathetic with their skellies and AG 2 for everyone (ever seen a mummy-ball-carrier btw? Wink ).

Whereas Khemri are perfectly balanced Ogres are definitely not.

I think that most khemri-coaches wouldn't mind Bonehead on their mummies if they had access to 12 of them in the long run, and if all their mummies had MA 5 and AG 2. Cool
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL! Come on Klipp, you know that's hardly a fair comparison... we're not talking 4 or more with the Ogres and all their other stats are so much better than the Mummies.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Andariel

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, ogres are a bit broken. But they start too slowly now!

With 6 gobbos max, u can only start with 1 rr! that will lose you the first games playing with, believe me!

I got lucky and started my team before that... All the team with bonehead is not good, with 6 ogres youll be rolling 1 bonehead per turn, and 1 out of 6 times it will be on the blitz one. with 140k a rr it will take LONG before u get too many ogres, cause u just have to stock up on rrs before that...

Against higher TR teams, agility based teams will win against them, they might just get some nasty cas against them...

But just like an ogre might get one +ag ogre, scoring teams will get +moves and +ags, and by the time both teams have the same TS, ull have a 1 turner (or almost) and a pretty solid support!

I love my ogre team, i was 7/1/0 in my record with them, then came two losses against HE and one against vampires. not discussing or complaining why i lost, but i did. 3 times in a row. Try making an ogre team if u havent. You'll see it is very hard and takes a lot of time to make it unbeatable, like your supposing time and time again here.

Still i think they are overpowered. i think it should be something like:

1-4 120k Normal ogre, big guy, with bonehead, or not big guy and really stupid.

1-8"Young Ogre" or something, 110k, current ogre we know, but with 4 st.

6 gobbos
 Jump to: