28 coaches online • Server time: 13:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh*

My Mad Experiments and I probably won't be able to compete next season due to time constraints, so at least now I won't feel bad about not defending a title.

Geiger-Murine put on another good show. The gutter runners just weren't up to the task.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

often a "hey, this is league xxx, welcome' post is helpful. but hey, whatever. gl with the league

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

A Season 2 Preview, brought to you by the Powers that Be.

-----

After an exciting finale that saw both games in the semi-finals and the finals go into the last minute of overtime, Reddit FUMBBL Redux Season one has finally come to a close.

Bruce, what do you think of the new entrants to the league?

Well, Will, the defending Champions are returning to defend their title, but the runner-ups are retiring! I heard they're so terrified of coach Bumford that they've all fled to the forests to become Wood Elves.

Indeed Bruce. Board! is my cousin, and was Aelelfirel before he was forced to change his name. The Skaven team Mad Experiments [L], who won the Shield for going undefeated in the group stages are also taking a hiatus from season 2, citing severe injuries from infighting after their first loss.

This season looks promising however, with 31 teams participating, compared to last season's 15. Today, we'll be taking a look at the returning teams from last season! Let's get to it Will!

Returning Teams

Image Reddit Rotters. Rating: 1640k, Treasury 60k.

The Rotters are looking mean and terrifying, Bruce. By far the highest rated team in the scene, they suffered only two losses in their first season, both against eventual runner-up Natical Imperatives. With a full set of positionals, the Rotters are undoubtedly looking to take home the title this season.

Image Necronobacon. Rating: 1500k, Treasury 120k.

Necronobacon had a mixed season, though they have a player clearly in the running to emerge as their team's star player, Snoop Wolf. With a filled treasury and a strong roster, it's evident that coach amstrad_cpc has a solid team under his care.

Image Kurgan Blood Tide. Rating: 1430k, Treasury 90k.

Having won the first season, Kurgan Blood Tide have a difficult time ahead defending their title. Despite having decent players throughout their team, they lack leadership and a clear outstanding player. Let's wish the defending champions luck in the days ahead!

Image Burnfurnace. Rating: 1410k, Treasury 100k.

The Dwarf team has had some luck with its players, eh Bruce? The Dwarf Runner Lorim seems to have worked out a great deal over this past season: He's as wide as a Chaos Warrior! Not to mention Dalof, whose legs are thicker than my torso!

That's... not saying much, Will. You're an elf. Moving on.

Image Vladymir's Blatyrs. Rating: 1300k, Treasury 80k.

Despite their unlucky loss of a Vampire early in the first season, Vladymir's Blatyrs have quickly emerged as powerful contenders. With bizarrely named Count Concoctula being more fleet than any elf, it's hard to see how this team could place poorly, Will!

They're vampires, Bruce. One hungry player and suddenly they've lost the ball and then the game. Hopefully we see some self control this season.

Image Enter The Goons. Rating: 1290k, Treasury: 80k.

Goons indeed, Will. These Chaos Dwarfs have yet to win a match, and have struggled to maintain an even casualty differential. It's certainly possible for them to turn this season around. Best of luck to coach webbard in making these fat dwarfs do any work.

Image RaRaRasputins. Rating: 1220k, Treasury: 180k.

This ancient team is looking strong, with a hefty treasury to boot! With unusually agile Blitzer Joseph to carry the ball, and a full set of Tomb Guardians to guard him, I have no doubt that they can secure at least a few wins, eh Will?

I don't know about that Bruce. They're Khemri, after all. We'll see.

Image Chaulssin Shadows. Rating: 1200k, Treasury: 90k.

Next up we have our veteran Dark Elf team! They've had some struggles in the last season, losing a Blitzer and then having their Witch Elf suffer a critical injury in the first half of their last game. Bruce, what do you think?

Well, I don't know Will. They're elves. If anyone can win a season with only three players on the pitch, it's the elves.

Image Highland Wild Haggis. Rating: 1090k, Treasury: 70k.

Another team that's struggled with their first season, Highland Wild Haggis has lost two players, including a critical Ulfwerener! The typical glass cannon Norse race is hoping to turn it around this season and cripple their competition.

Image Jelly Jammers. Rating: 1030k, Treasury: 310k.

Well, Will. The filthy rich Halflings are back for another season of brutality. Having actually won a game (albeit against goblins), these Halflings are looking strong for the upcoming season with a large treasury to absorb losses. Notable highlights of their season include the near fatal wounding of a Wardancer in their match against the now retired Welf[A]re, by way of projectile Halfling, Farthing Frytup.

Image Madcap Maulers. Rating: 990k, Treasury: 50k.

Well, Bruce. Anything to say about the Goblins?

Of course, Will. They're the best, of course. They have a Troll who's scored a touchdown, and not only that, smashed a Wardancer so hard that the apothecary couldn't save him! I have no doubt that the Commissioner's very own team will place highly this season.

No doubt, Bruce. After all, anything can happen with Goblins.

-------------

Well, Will. That's about it, eh?

Indeed Bruce. See you viewers next time for an exciting preview of the incoming teams fresh out of the pre-season! We have some incredible teams coming along. Here's a sneak peek:

Image Common Misteaks. Rating: 710, Treasury: 100k.

Indeed, folks. The pre-season was so brutal we've already seen a team retired!

Catch you next time!
webbard

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Fresh Boots for the Hobbos this year. All the stomping.
solenum

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My dwarves have called for reinforcements from the mountainhome, she's rolling her way here
gantherogue

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm so damn excited, I've almost lost my appetite!.. almost...
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

See you all a season from now.

Maybe. Depends on how many linerats need to be replaced. Reports are still coming in from the apothecary tent. Something about "Oh god, please stop Geiger-Murine from interrupting the surgeries."

It's probably nothing, though.
Wex

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2015 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

-----

Well, Bruce. We have a whole bunch of new teams this season! Some even from coaches that played in last season that dropped their old teams.

Indeed, Will. There's also a team that was forced to retire after suffering horrendous losses in the pre-season.

Well, let's get to it!

-----

New Teams

Image Dunkelwald Initiates. Rating: 1320k, Treasury 0k.

Fresh Dark Elf Team, completely broke going into the new season. Spent all their winnings so far on an apothecary and a Witch Elf. Hasn't lost a game yet.

Image Lords of Blood Bowl. Rating: 1250k, Treasury 60k.

Hasn't lost a game, no outstanding players. They've proven themselves to be a solid team going into their first season, but only time will tell if their luck will hold against experience.

Image Elegiacal Black Arts. Rating: 1240k, Treasury 110k.

Three wins, their ghouls are developing to be amazing. A strong contender for the new season.

Image Priori Nurgen. Rating: 1230k, Treasury 90k.

Mixed record, but has already forced a team to retire from the league before the season even started. With several players already developing quickly, it's unsure how well the other teams will endure their brutality.

Image Amazing Grills. Rating: 1200k, Treasury 160k.

A perfect record with 4 wins. Charcoal Grill looking to pile her way through the competition with a devastating record of 8 casualties.

Image Krox and Box em. Rating: 1180k, Treasury 70k.

Mixed record, but they look to be strong contenders with an excellent casualty ratio.

Image Chaos God Nuffle Worshippers. Rating: 1170k, Treasury 50k.

Mixed record. Looking to develop several killers. Certainly not going to shake their hands, eh Will? I'd be too scared of coming away bleeding.

Image Bloodcrazed Pelt Hunters. Rating: 1160k, Treasury 1000k.

Mixed record, Berserkers look to be developing into players to take note of.

Image More Misteaks. Rating: 1140k, Treasury 30k.

After the brutal destruction of Common Misteaks, the I hear the coach dropped the team like a half-eaten-by-a-beast-of-nurgle-sandwich and immediately established a new Slann team. It's unclear how well they'll do, however.

But -

Moving on!

Image Jungle Jammers. Rating: 1130k, Treasury 50k.

A rare Simyin team, good record with 3 wins, but has endured several painful losses, notably including a Gorilla.

Image Bearded Beatdown. Rating: 1110k, Treasury 10k.

Just like the other Chaos Dwarf team, has yet to win a match. Looking to outmuscle the competition, may be unpleasantly surprised.

Image Deus Vermin. Rating: 1100k, Treasury 30k.

Just normal rats, Will. Only real difference is the big, angry rat.

Image Lupus Mortem. Rating: 1050k, Treasury 60k.

Already had to retire a Werewolf after a crippling injury, otherwise looking strong. Notably has not hired any Flesh Golems.

Image Sanguine Deathless. Rating: 1030k, Treasury 90k.

Another Vampire team, not looking too good after the pre-season. Crippling casualty and touchdown record thus far.

Image Warp-Stoner Bros. Rating: 1020k, Treasury 10k.

Already has a tentacled terror of a Troll, and even a win under their belt, against all odds!

Image Snoo-Blooded Rat Beasts I. Rating: 1000k, Treasury 0k.

Haven't played a single game, no idea how that's going to go.

Image Crossroad Crushers. Rating: 1000k, Treasury 0k.

One of the rare teams that hires cheerleaders! Slaaneshi cheerleaders at that, eh Bruce? Haven't played a game, though.

Image Extreme Goblin Wrestling. Rating: 980k, Treasury 40k.

Goblin team, no surprises that they lost all four games in the pre-season. The Sandman is the Troll to watch!

Image Scaling the Ladder. Rating: 980k, Treasury 20k.

Haven't played a single game, no idea how that's going to go.

Image Super (non)Robot Monkey Team. Rating: 980k, Treasury 70k.

A Simyin team, with a pseudo Silverback in the form of Nova, these apes are looking to challenge the High Elves in the passing game with their Orangutan. Whether they'll be successful has yet to be seen, as they, too, have lost a Gorilla.

Image Dude Where's My Maul. Rating: 100k, Treasury 60k.

Dwarves. Bruce, why do they even exist?

Image Tutenscrummin'. Rating: 920k, Treasury 130k.

A Khemri team with early wins, Bruce - How odd!

Image Common Misteaks. Rating: 710, Treasury: 100k.

And then we have the tragic Common Misteaks, Will.

Truly Bruce. Retired before even seeing a single season. A brutal way to go. I heard their coach threw them out and got a fresh set!

No, Will. It's apparently his cousin, looking to succeed where Bumford failed. Bumford tried a Slann team after his Elfish success, but... Well. There you go.

Catch you next time, once the draft comes out. We'll look at the matchups, and maybe even pick out winners!
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

for the record, I've spent my winnings on a witch elf, an apothecary, and a reroll! Smile
Twelfman

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Silly frogs! It's not my fault they keep dying!
SoundBlaster

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the write up on the preseason Wex.

I have started writing match reports for my preseason and improving my teams page. I would appreciate some feedback and advice as I am new to fummbl.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to get back into the business of match report write-ups! Super stoked for season two! Rotters are ready to rumble!

Ps - Tumpkin: did you change teams?? What happened to those pesky Elves? Who will stop me now? Razz
Twelfman

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I retired them for now because I got sick of playing elves! If I do miserably they might be back.. Smile
Wex

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

-----

Ah, Bruce! It looks like some of our informants were wrong about the teams joining and the number of teams. In any case, here's a quick power ranking for the upcoming season now that the draw's been completed!

-----

OrangeRed North

If there could ever be a division called the group of death, this would be it! Reddit Rotters and Kurgan Blood Tide both in one division? Oh my!

1. ImageReddit Rotters
2. ImageKurgan Blood Tide
3. ImageDunkelwald Initiates
4. ImageKrox and Box em
5. ImageSuper (non)Robot Monkey Team
6. ImageSanguine Deathless
7. ImageRaRaRasputins
8. ImageBearded Beatdown
9. ImageSnoo-Blooded Rat Beasts I

Well, Will, why's the veteran RaRaRasputins so far down?

Bruce, you know that Khemri struggle with the ball. I've no doubt they'll have a good showing, but what I doubt is their ability to transport the ball to the endzone!

-----

OrangeRed South

Gee, Will. 8 Rookie teams, two of them goblins! Seems like a fun division to me.

1. ImageChaulssin Shadows
2. ImagePriori Nurgen
3. ImageElegical Black Arts
4. ImageBloodcrazed Pelt Hunters
5. ImageChaos God Nuffle Worshippers
6. ImageSeraphs of the End Times
7. ImageTutenscrummin'
8. ImageExtreme Goblin Wrestling
9. ImageExploding Expositionss

I've no doubt that the Shadows will have a good showing for us this season!

-----

Periwinkle North

A... lackluster division, would you say Will?

I don't know Bruce; I expect to see something other than blood, though.

9. ImageMadcap Maulers
1. ImageLords of Bloodbowl
2. ImageMore Misteaks
3. ImageEnter The Goons
4. ImageDude Where's My Maul
5. ImageBomb Has Been Planted
6. ImageCrossroad Crushers
7. ImageDa Goonbad Grumblebeards
8. ImageWarp-Stoner Bros

Will?...

Bruce, how could you even begin to doubt the Commissioner's very own team? Placing him bottom on your list! I merely fixed it for you!

-----

Periwinkle South

An exciting group, with two strong veteran teams, Necronobacon and Burnfurnace, and the ever favorite Jelly Jammers!

1. ImageNecronobacon
2. ImageBurnfurnace
3. ImageAmazing Grills
4. ImageJungle Jammers
5. ImageLupus mortem
6. ImageTier 3 Bravados
7. Imagehell goat
8. ImageJelly Jammers

A division that's no doubt going to be dominated by the veterans and the top performing rookies! Pity about those Amazons though. Going against the Dwarf team... Oh. In the final round? Fantastic luck for them, Will!

-----

And that wraps us up for this Season! See you next time!

Last edited by Wex on %b %25, %2015 - %05:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhh, Extreme Goblin Wrestling snuck it's way onto the list twice. It's not in Periwinkle South.. which you also accidentally referred to as OrangeRed South

Other than that though, glad to see the rankings!