45 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you watch BB2 it can help you learn to concede on turn 2.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:

Concede? You mean just rage quit and never come back, right?
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:

you mean turn 1 right, your exaggerating
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
BB2 strategies seem to be to make a cage no matter where you are on the pitch, and run one or two guys down the field as suicide sacrifices. Everyone else sort of clusters up around the cage, also for reasons totally unknown.

If your team has the speed and AG advantage then that's precisely what you don't want to do.

You want to work a screen game, not a cage game, you only cage when necessary, not just because you can. Screen doesn't even mean just screening the ball, though you do want to do this, it means screening off other players, or parts of the pitch such that you always have space to maneuver into.

The typical BB2 play sees elfs cage on a side line with extra elfs also in that area, no doubt then it's trivial for the defense to mark you and push you into a really bad spot. Worse you left 2 guys alone running down the pitch for no particular reason either.

But yes, play on fumbbl or watch some fumbbl elf games. You don't learn much playing or watching BB2 unless you are getting jimmy or sage.

Thanks licker!
Guess I'm allowed to plug now. =)
(Links to youtube and twitch in my signature below.)

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That is funny, what you said about BB2. I am that guy, but really don't want to be, which is why I came to Fumbbl. I try to screen as high up as I can. It becomes a cage, I end up on the side, I get stalled, surfed and murdered; and the same thing happens over and over. Of course, with bashy teams, there isn't that much of an issue, since you just throw fists around until you've reached what ever goal you wanted to reach.
The funny thing is that when you're playing Agi teams badly, the opponent can actually be terrible and do better. I suppose that is why I'm drawn to learning Agi teams, so as to actually learn the game, and gain BB foresight.
 Jump to: