21 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The Zealots will be back!

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive really found this tournament entertaining with nice players and ive really enjoyed the terrific reports by bb_pad. Evil intentions would be happy to join in for another go.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think I will go to the Super with mine...

Z
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don t think i will be too much of a trearth! lol
cyric612

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd definately be in for another season probalby be the super for my team depending on the beatings that go on in round 5. Also would we be able to have a second team in the 160 and lower division if we have one in the super?
Cyric612
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Also would we be able to have a second team in the 160 and lower division if we have one in the super?

Yes, I don't see any problems with that. Looking at the TR of current UMT members, a lot will be eligible for the Super UMT and with a number of dropouts, we are going to need quite a few more new coaches. Having existing reliable coaches with another team seems like a good idea to me.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should clean UMT. Remove some teams (that do not play). What do you think about it?
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I think we should clean UMT. Remove some teams (that do not play). What do you think about it?

Yes, I've already removed some. There are a couple of others that may well be removed too. I'd rather give someone new a try than stick with coaches who can't fulfill their fixtures.

If any of you have reliable friends that would be interested in this tournament, then get them to apply or PM me.

I will also try to make sure that the groups are split by region as much as possible to make it easier on you all to schedule your games.
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

remember it is easy for me to play during the day, more then evening....so I guess that is european time.... lol

Us Canadian.....always do things differently he!
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 4 Summary

The group season is reaching its climax and a number of play-off places have been decided already with the rest to be determined in the 5th and final round.

Div A

Well what a contest Div A is turning out to be! After the first two rounds it looked like Cyric612's Black Plague Reloaded and Nukeall's Astronautes were definite qualifiers for the play-offs. However, AloneAndBurned's Shiv Sena Party kept themselves in the running and then this round really showed what they are capable of with a devastating 3-0 over Astronautes in front of 89,000 fans. Once more Shiv Sena Party's all-round strength and teamwork saw their opponents overpowered and another two completions for Shri Divakar Ravate maintains his UMT Top Passer position and takes his career total to 21! While the Norse team suffered their share of the game's 7 casualties, Nukeall's human team definitely came off worse, leaving serious questions over their chances of qualifying. Astronautes must now face Cyric612's skaven in the final round needing to match whatever result Shiv Sena Party get in their last game against Diamond5119's Nurgles, who are preparing for next season. However, Astronautes will be without their super agile quarterback, Alan Shepard, whose promising career looks in jeopardy following an uncompromising encounter with Norse veteran blitzer, Shri Raj Thackeray. As Nukeall's team will also be without veteran catcher, David Scott, and experienced blitzer, Scott Carpenter (as well as rookie lineman, Edward White who's been forced to hang up his boots), the bookmakers are no longer taking bets on a Black Plague Reloaded win. However, Astronautes management board have issued a statement indicating that Nukeall will have funds available to strengthen the squad.

In the other game, Patton71's Hammers Slammers took on Cyric612's Black Plague Reloaded. As predicted the armoured dwarves needed to be on top of their game against the wily skaven and they certainly gave Cyric612's team their most challenging game to-date, only just losing out by a single touchdown. Yet again the opposing team were undone by the lightning fast Gutter Runners of Black Plague Reloaded with rookie Xah getting his first touchdown and UMT Top Scorer, F toun picking up his 5th of the tournament. The Slammers competed hard and were rewarded when they scored a touchdown through Dwarf Runner, Joan, the 5th of her career, but they failed to contain Cyric612's own runners and were left with the consolation of inflicting some nasty casualties. The Slammers fans cheered as rookie linerat, Bakaris Toun was killed and experienced Rat Ogre, Soul Render was brought down in a crunching tackle that took him out of the game and damaged his back. In fact it was later confirmed that due to mounting injury problems, Soul Render has called an end to his blood bowl career and retired to a cosy cellar in the plush High Elven district of Upper Lustria. Black Plague Reload fans need not worry though as the club has already announced the signing of rookie Rat Ogre, Ghost-Maker, who has been tipped to terrorise the line of scrimmage more than Soul Render ever did. That's the end of the season for Hammers Slammers as their opponents, Mazzix's Shadow's Blood preferred to quit football altogether rather than face Patton71's dwarven might or Diamond5119's Nuit de L'Epouvante - clearly they were never cut out for Blood Bowl!

Div B

A poor show in Div B this round with no games played. This allowed Britnoth's Dominus and Afro's Undefeated to go through to the knockout stages by default. For continuous failure to show up to games, Bashers Dream and Uber Non Morti have been removed from the tournament and that leaves only 1 game to be played in this division with Hellraiser's German Thunder facing Mafo's Girls With Attitude. Although neither has anything to play for this season, it is hoped they will use this game to prepare for next season's tournament.

Div C

In the first game of Div C, the bad luck of MCSEMan23's Rack Destruction continued as they were shamed by BB_Pad's Tuck Shoppe Raiders in a plucky (and very lucky!) performance by the halflings. Rack Destruction never managed to get into their stride in this game and despite their superior blocking power they only inflicted 3 casualties against the lightly-armoured stunties, 2 of which were caused by experienced Beastman, Vangwet who once again had a good game. However, they were made to pay by Raiders treeman, Cakebranch, who was back after injury and only the intervention of Rack Destruction's medic prevented Vangwet's promising career from being cut short. Perhaps MCSEMan23's Chaos team were unused to playing such unusual opposition as they failed to protect the ball and struggled to get to grips with the Raiders strategy of closing in on the ball with their fling moves. Near the end of the 2nd half, one piece of incredible stunty play saw rookie Halfling, Eddy, dodge twice around one of Rack's Beastmen, before snatching up the ball under pressure and dodging away into the endzone. There followed 167 deaths in crowd as Halfling fans choked on their mid-afternoon tea & cakes due to their team unexpectedly scoring their first touchdown of the tournament. However, eye-witness reports indicate that 58 of those deaths were due to Rack Destruction fans overzealously applying the Heimlich maneuver to the little hobbits! Rack Destruction now face top dogs, Evil Intentions and it is difficult to see how they are going to break their run of 3 consecutive losses.

In the 2nd game, Gary_Gygax's A.S Roma Trues Elves lived up to expectations by outscoring ChrisB's Welsh Dragons (& Werewolves) by 3-1. The elves success came through a stirling performance by veteran catcher, Vincenzo "Aeroplanino" Montella who intercepted a Dragons pass to run in his first touchdown of the game and caught a pass from strike partner, experienced catcher Bruno Conti, score his second. Rookie lineman, Zebina...te scored the 3rd after ChrisB's necros had pulled one back through major dangerman, werewolf Fido "Nibbler" Vargull. The win didn't come without any costs however, as Gary_Gygax's elves suffered their first two losses to the team when linemen, Vincent Candela and Sabino "Cosce disumane" Nela were both killed in spine-snapping blocks by Dragons' Wight blitzers, Karloff "Shady" Depp and Ghorn "Clockwork" Defrrrence.

Finally, the eagerly awaited crunch tie in Div C never happened as Fellwesterion's DödaKungsholmen went missing leaving SerXes' Evil Intentions to pick up 2pts by default and thereby qualify for the play-offs. With Evil Intentions through, it is now down to one of Gary_Gygax's A.S Roma Trues Elves or Fellwesterion's DödaKungsholmen to qualify and with them playing each other in Round 5 whoever wins will go through. Fellwesterion's Khemri only really need a draw, but after their absence in this round, some of their fans are wondering if they'll even show up. Some cynics are suggesting the DödaKungsholmen forfeit in the last round was a tactical ploy to avoid the fearsome Evil Intentions and allow them to have a full team to face Gary_Gygax's elves! Whatever happens, A.S Roma Trues Elves have reported they are ready to face any challenge and eagerly await DödaKungsholmen's challenge.

Div D

It looks like it has taken Necromancer, Gitzbang longer than expected to re-animate his team, Set The World on Fire, after their holiday plane crash last round - they were nowhere to be seen, although the same could be said of Hindsberg's Russen. Perhaps the two coaches decided to end their season early and start their holidays together?

With the play-offs still in their sights, Dementor's Zooropa had to go to Sk8bcn's hard fighting, but struggling Axes of Terror needing a win to take advantage of either of the top two teams slipping up in their match. Well despite another battling performance from the Axes of Terror, the gods of chaos favoured the Khemri team and Dementor's team needed no further encouragement to run out 2-0 winners. It was a great game for Thro-Ra, Tragelaphus as his completion and touchdown earnt him his team's MVP award. Agile skeleton, Pongo ran in the other touchdown, his 5th of his promising career, while Mummy, Taurus earnt his 3rd casualty of the tournament with bone-breaking block on the Axes' makeshift quarterback Hobogoblin, Bobblin, that left him needing immediate medical intervention on his knee. With the Terrors' apothecary too busy chatting up a hopeful young cheerleader, Taurus performed the medical procedure himself with the expected disastrous results. After that Bobblin can be grateful that he still has a knee, but his growing Blood Bowl career as a the team's ballcarrier looks limited now and Terrors fans shouldn't be surprised to see the weedy Hobgoblin on the defensive line of scrimmage when he returns to fitness.

Milnestar's Femoral F.C suffered their first defeat at the hands of LurkingGrue's Zharr-Naggrund Zealots as the top two in Div D met in a crucial match. The gods favoured the Zealots and their coach made sure it counted as Bull Centaur, Mash'al Qett'al al-Faras picked up his first ever touchdown, and veteran Hobgoblin & team top-scorer, Batenkh picked up his 3rd of the tournament to keep himself in with a chance of winning UMT Top Scorer. Milnestar's Old World team tried their best to play around the fierce chaos dwarves with some passing play from agile elf lineman, Digitorum Longus and even tried to stand up to their powerful opposition with their ogre, Sartorius causing two casualties with some fine blocks, but both tactics ran into problems and they were never able to make the final play into the Zealots' endzone. This win sees Zharr-Naggrund Zealots through to the play-offs as they can't be overtaken by more than one team with Femoral and Zooropa playing each other next. Whoever wins that game goes through although a draw would be enough for Milnestar's team. Dementor's khemri team are on excellent form however, and it remains to be seen whether they can use this momentum to break into the play-offs.

At a glance standings:
Div A
Qualified: Shiv Sena Party (AloneAndBurned)
To be decided: either Astronautes (Nukeall) or Black Plague Reload (Cyric612)

Div B
Qualified: Dominus (Britnoth) and Undefeated (Afro)

Div C
Qualified: Evil Intentions (SerXes)
To be decided: either DödaKungsholmen (Fellwesterion) or A.S Roma Trues Elves (Gary_Gygax)

Div D
Qualified: Zharr-Naggrund Zealots (LurkingGrue)
To be decided: either Femoral F.C. (Milnestar) or Zooropa (Dementor)
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

All right, talk about in depth coverage...

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What can I say? I get bored at work! Very Happy
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

How about stats? Coz I'm bored at work too!

Z
cyric612

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow I wish I had time at work to be bored Smile Excellent coverage!!
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tournament Statistics - after Round 4

Top Passer / Most Completions
9 - Shri Divakar Ravate (Norse Thrower) Shiv Sena Party
6 - Alan Shepherd (Human Thrower) Astronautes
5 - Giuseppe Giannini "Il Principe" (Elf Thrower) A.S. Roma True Elves
4 - Flux (Dark Elf Lineman) German Thunder

Top Scorer
5 - F toun (Gutter Runner) Black Plague Reloaded
3 - The Running Man ( Human Catcher) Undefeated
3 - Evil Guran (Ghoul) Evil Intentions
3 - C.Y. Araiakus (Gutter Runner) Black Plague Reloaded
3 - Shri Anant Geete (Norse Catcher) Shiv Sena Party
3 - Vincenzo "Aeroplanino" Montella (Elf Catcher) A.S. Roma True Elves
3 - Batenkh (Hobgoblin) Zharr-Naggrund Zealots

Top Blocker / Most Casualties
5 - Cy An (Storm Vermin) Black Plague Reloaded
5 - No Whining (Human Blitzer) Undefeated
4 - L'Encorneur Sanguinaire (Beastman) Nuit De L'Epouvante
4 - Virgil Grissom (Human Blizter) Astronautes
3 - Lisa (Amazon Blitzer) Dominus
3 - Evil Lefty (Zombie) Evil Intentions
3 - Sartorius (Ogre) Femoral F.C
3 - Taurus (Mummy) Zooropa

Most Valuable Player
3 - Francesco "Er Pupone" Totti (Elf Blitzer) A.S. Roma True Elves
2 - David Scott (Human Catcher) Astronautes
2 - Horrorwarp (Beastman) Rack Destruction
2 - Teatree (Treeman) Tuck Shoppe Raiders
2 - Hornasher (Chaos Dwarf) Axes of Terror
2 - Flintstonekov (Beastman) Russen
2 - Phascolarctos (Skeleton) Zooropa

Top Interceptor
1 - Kimberly (Amazon Blitzer) Dominus
1 - Vincenzo "Aeroplanino" Montella (Elf Catcher) A.S. Roma True Elves
1 - Frank "Mountain" Darrens (Flesh Golem) Welsh Dragons (and Werewolves)
 Jump to: