41 coaches online • Server time: 11:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
yea but is the limit? if your loosing you will wanna cancel the game and u can blame it on his slowness he might have a slow connection or his wife might be giving birth or he might of dropped a glass and needs to clean it up, so im saying that its inaccurate and will be abused so its a bad idea

simple enough to check the times, when the game started, etc. if his wife is giving birth, he shouldn't be playing. and if he needs to clean a glass once, he doesn't take 5/6 minutes a turn. please read what i say before answering completely out of topic.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Valid points guys but i was aiming at those players who do it constantly every turn.
The game has a built in Turn Time limit for a reason.
One of the main reasons being so that you cant plan every move with military precision.
I only asked for a ruling on those who do it all the time turn after turn, not people who have to answer phone/ door..etc..etc..
We ran a Blood Bowl gaming club and when the Time Limit was enforced you found that your really good players werent so good when the clock was against them.
Would it even be possible to have a seperate league/ ladder..or whatever that had time turn penalties enforced, so that those who wish to play within all the boudries of the game can do so ??
Mezir

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with that is the fact that the turn limit would be enforced for every turn. Including that turn where you have to go and open the door to let someone in. Or make an emergency visit to the bathroom.

You're flogging a dead horse (again) it's all been discussed before and this thread will reach the same conclusion as those before. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Ive noticed an increase in whiners lately. Surely there is some rule, or some rule should be put in place to deal with such people.

I m with you .
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Zy-Nox and neverdodge. A lot of messages lately about:
don´t stall
don´t foul
don´t use your best blitzer to blitz

Nobody is that pure of heart. Were playing a game here.
Besides. Its fun Cool
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Think of it this way, Even if you count the turn limit (4minutes per LRB)its 64 minutes that your opponent has to make his moves total. that's without you taking any time to make yours. give yourself half that time 32 minutes and you are still looking at one and a half hours to play a game.

Quit starting games with less than that amount of time available. Its a game and you should enjoy it. obviously avoid playing games with coaches that decrease your enjoyment of the game.

Plus you could always concede the match and get out of it. Wink
Omightyme

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
The problem with that is the fact that the turn limit would be enforced for every turn. Including that turn where you have to go and open the door to let someone in. Or make an emergency visit to the bathroom.

You could install a feature where the opponent may stop the clock from ticking if he has been convinced by the other one that the break is necessary

or every coach is allowed to take two time-outs so he can have a little walk to the toilet

There should be a solution possible
azumi

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

And what about:

The fourth time u need more than 4 minutes to finish your turn, your fans get bored and you get a -1 ff not counting the end of game ff roll. And a button to stop the clock if both coaches agree so one of them can go to the toilet, open door......
Anadrael

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Ive noticed an increase in whiners lately. Surely there is some rule, or some rule should be put in place to deal with such people.

There is in blood bowl you are allowed 4 minutes a turn. after that your turn is OVER.. Most bloodbowl players I've played against use this as a guide. We have a turn clock on fumbbl but no way of inforcing the four min. rule. I normaly ask them to speed up if they go over the four mins and so far most have Very Happy

Quote:
TURNOVERS
Normally, a team turn only ends when all of the players in the team have performed an action. However, certain events cause the team turn to end before all of the players have taken an action. These events are called turnovers. The following events cause a turnover:
1. A team is called for illegal procedure and doesn’t have a re-roll counter or
2. A player on the moving team is knocked down or falls over or
3. The ball is passed and comes to rest without being caught by any member of the moving team or
4. A player from the moving team attempts to pick up the ball and fails or
5. A touchdown is scored or
6. The four-minute time limit for the turn runs out.
A coach that suffers a turnover must end his turn immediately – even if part way through a player’s action. The only exception to this is that Armor rolls and injury must still be made for players that have been knocked over.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, being polite I have NEVER had any problem with opponents Wink

I often play when I´m at work as a supervisor (kinda like a hotline, and that means prior to a game I say something like "I´m @ work, usually it means nothing, but sometimes I might have to spent 10 minutes working during the game - is that a problem?" I think once someone said it was a problem, so we agreed to play at another time if convienient, besides that everyone has been kind and willing to play (and wait Smile).
If I meet an unusual slow opponent, I ask if they can speed up, if they dont wish to I tell them (politely) that if I am to spend 5-10 minutes a turn waiting, I will start doing something besides watching the screen and that may mean they too have to wait 5-10 minutes untill I get back to the BB screen - the few slow opponents I have had have not had a problem with that Wink

What am I really trying to say here? Well, being polite usually helps a lot, and I ams ure if someone is taking 5-10 minutes a turn for the first 2-3 truns, if you ask politely he might be willing to cancel the game to spare you some grief Wink
Smess

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate slow players too, realy realy hate them. After 2 mins finaly decided who to blitz and then still need time to think it over after every square he moves aargh. 5 mins for a setup and still end up with the exact same he used last time grrr.
But patience is a virtue, just start doing something else while he is playing.
Also these coaches are a real minority.
Enforcing 4mins would be stupid, there's no practical way of implementing it so that one could leave for a moment during the game if necessary and such a rule would ad nothing to the game.

Now drop this thread cos it's useless
quickie

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... We live in a fast world and everything should be made in a hurry. Hey guys, we're playing a game and a game has to do something with fun and friendship (if one of these two things is missing then it's called "war").
if somebody is slow, than it has allways a reason, he would never play slow just for fun! Most time it's one of the following reasons: low brain power, not an experienced bb player or technical handycap (playing with the touchpad, slow line, ...). so, what should a time-restriction is of use? it would bring a bad playing opponent, an opponent who can't get more experience because he had no time to think about or an opponent who can't play fumbbl anymore because his hardware is too slow.
so, take you some time, take it easy and ask them before, but only if you are really in a hurry! otherwise give them a chance. and be honest, there are only about 10% or less that playing slow enough for complaining!
bloodnutt

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

dude if his wife is having birth i doubt he would be playing javabbowl. . . . . n if something has happened like droping a glass, the morron should have the brains to say "oi look i gotta clean up a broken glass i'll be a bit longer then normal". but i totally agree with pointing out slow players. connection speed means nothing coz it doesn't take that long to make 1 turn. i've got a shotty connection speed n i can still finish a turn in under 4 minutes even in pouring rain. players should b planning there turn durinmg the next players turn dur to there reactions of there players, thats y the 4 min time rule is put in place on the top game. i know its not recorded as well online but that gives them no right to abuse it. i hate slow players with a passion. i blows my mind that there are such guys out there that have to plan every single living posibility for a turn coz the games about thinking on ya feet. . . . it is a game of football after all
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

[UT-Voice on]
DOUBLEPOST!
[UT-Voice off]

Snip!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How about we just get more stats on coaches on the coaches page.

Average time taken per turn

Number of Tournament Entered / Number of Tournaments Completed

Number of Turn 16 Fouls committed (Okay, I am joking on this one) Razz
 Jump to: