32 coaches online • Server time: 14:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Paulhicks love him or hate him?
He's a good guy I'll play him anytime.
62%
 62%  [ 56 ]
He's a bad guy cuz he ruined my team.
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
He's a scary guy cuz i'm a big scaredy pants.
32%
 32%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 90

Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It's about time there is a proper tribute thread for Paulhicks!

Yeah, Paulhicks is fun to play against - the matchreports alone are a reason to play vs his teams. And then look at his avatar! Plus, he's never afraid of a game, unlike other coaches (myself included from time to time).
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

what about...

i think paul is a noob but im scared to play him Wink
Menikmati

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

yes this is all a push so i can become top poster on FUMBBL, im now only 1 post behind sk8bcn who is in 5th place! so im trying to beat the gargantuan BadMrMojo on 1400 and something, he thinks he is the baddest Wink !

but soon i will be top of the world!!!!!

i think the paracetamol has gone to my head in a feeble attempt to get rid of the mumps before tomorrows deadline!!! Very Happy

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %28, %2005 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
LindsayD

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've never played Paul, but I'd give him a game anytime.

(just not right now. Or tomorrow. Or, er, next week)
Uber

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think what makes the guys like paulhicks, wuhan and deathgerbil more appreciated than the Thrall, Buskopanz and other would be foulers is that they are open about what they do and they also take it lightly. If your typical challenge is a 2+ DP team vs. none, then you're just a lamer trying to cherry pick. When on top of that you complain because some people are educated enough to refuse these stupîd challenges, then you're really clueless.

When I see paul getting challenged on the main chat, and he's actually telling them "are you sure you want to get into this?" and almost trying to talk them out of it, to me that's just brilliant sportsmanship. He's liked because people know what they're getting into when they play him and they enjoy the carnage. Some other foulers seem more concerned with their stats or their so-called reputation than having fun.

Personally I can't really play him because I don't make teams to play that kind of games, but I've recently joined a league where he also plays and look forward to a potential match up, that is if the Gods allow it ! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not whether or not to play him, he is an outstanding opponent, it's with what team. I'd say your best bet is to play him with either a TR 200+ elf squad (any flavor) or a dwarf squad, he seems to like them best. Wink

BTW, I'll give you a recovery match for either afterwards if you need it. Twisted Evil
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, pauls turn is over, now its my turn! say nice things about meeee!!! Wink
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

uber wrote:
I think what makes the guys like paulhicks, wuhan and deathgerbil more appreciated than the Thrall, Buskopanz and other would be foulers is that they are open about what they do and they also take it lightly.

For me, the difference is that I'm actually enjoying the game. I dont care if he kills my players, in fact it makes it more fun. Fun, thats the difference.

As for Brownrob, he's an aweful sport. He winges about his luck after every roll, and disconnects when it gets really bad. He fouls in turn 16 and hires stars after games have been agreed. Probably the worst guy I've never played.
Wink Wink Wink

Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant recall playing the guy often, but he is a fun guy to chat with. He is not sneaky like others about his playing style and I ahve started to take dp more and enjoy the art of the boot because of his openess and having fun with the game.

If paul was Canadian, he would be a Newfy.

We need more coaches like paul, easy going, play to have fun and dont take the game TOO seriously.

Post 15 Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Paul Hicks is also the name of the Australian "terrorist" that the americans are holding in cuba..
The have had him in detention for about 3years...

Say, isn't that about the same time fumbbl started?...

Its a CIA plot to dp all our teams into the dirt, and there using Paul Hicks to accomplish this task Shocked Shocked

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
Paul Hicks is also the name of the Australian "terrorist" that the amerians are holding in cuba...

Shhhhh dont give away my secret identity.

yeah camp x-ray isnt too bad... sure they beat us and deprive us of all our basic human rights but im alowed 3 hours fouling time per day Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey this is not the America bashing thread, you little buggers. Now praise Paulhicks or fear him or at least hate him. Personally I wanna shake his hand then kick him in the family jewels at the same time. But seriously, I gotta respect the first guy who made me laugh when he killed one of my players. Thanx Paul. Nothing but good stuff ... horrible, horrible good stuff. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PAULHICKS SAVED MY LIFE IN THE 'NAM. WE WERE PINNED DOWN AND THE HELICOPTER WAS TAKING OFF AND THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT ME BEHIND WITH THE BLEEDING IN THE LUNGS BUT PAULHICKS STOPPED THEM AND SAID WE ARE NOT LEAVING THIS MAN BEHIND YOU BASTARDS AND THEN HE SHOT LIKE EIGHT ZILLION GUYS AND SAVED ME THANK YOU PAULHICKS THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE IN THE 'NAM!!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

thats the funniest thing ive ever read