34 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

isnĀ“t there the rule of 4 minutes turn and then a take-over?
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

you can allways ask nicely if your oppenent wouldnt mind to try and keep it under 4 mins, but you cant do much other then that
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

angelface wrote:
Karhumies wrote:
General advice #1: Don't cherrypick. Play more experienced coaches. If you are cherry picking, you have no right to complain if your prey plays it slow.

These days when khemri teams refuse playing vs vamps or orcs answer 'no' because of a dirty player on the roster <i><b>(choosy orcs, my personal fav)</b></i>, you dont really have the chance of reading 27 bios and carefully screening out anyone. After 30 minutes in vain on the gamefinder one just answers 'sure' to the first not-so-weird offer.

I personally find choosy CDs similar amusing. I had a coach refuse my lizie team the other day as I challenged his higher TR/TS CDs with them. Usually I'd find a "No thanks," to be perfectly acceptable - it's every people's right to refuse games. It's more the fact that he said: "lol, no thanks."

I never quite got the joke in my proposal. He was in the 160'ies so he should be a cable opponent, I figured. Made me just a little bit bitter, not much - just a little Wink
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Alternatively, if someone is taking 20 minutes per round, just do the same: On your next turn, go to the bathroom, then move a player, browse a few websites, move a player, and so on Wink

thats not very sporting Smile
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OldBugman wrote:
Optihut wrote:
Alternatively, if someone is taking 20 minutes per round, just do the same: On your next turn, go to the bathroom, then move a player, browse a few websites, move a player, and so on Wink

thats not very sporting Smile

And you waste the most prescious commodity you have, TIME!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

How about adding statistics showing each players average gametime? Needs to take some considerations (or display separate) for different groups, like stunty games generally are faster than Ranked ones. (and those 2x2 etc)
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

melker wrote:
How about adding statistics showing each players average gametime? Needs to take some considerations (or display separate) for different groups, like stunty games generally are faster than Ranked ones. (and those 2x2 etc)

No offence but you really should take the time to check previous threads on this matter Smile It's been suggested so many times, and it's been explained so many times why it wouldn't work.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

But it's still fun to read new threads about it!

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

How about changing the alert option in client to really make it turnover? And to show it on gamefinder also. LOTC enforces 5 min rule in board game league where the game play is much slower. Of course I understand this might lead to problems with slow speed connections or server hick ups, but atleast in direct play it could be useful.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Has been suggested a million times
Can't be done, since you don't have control over the time that elapses in your turn at all times.

Decisions on side stepping, Apot use, or selection of intercepting players will not allow this to work.

I have never even heard of a TT league or tourney where this rule is enforced.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't it be possible to stop the clock whenever the opposing coach is choosing something (and when lag prevents the coach from doing anything)?
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The other day I played somebody who was playing two games at once (was listed twice on the Games page). He was awfully slow at times - I waited over 5 minutes for him to decide a sidestep and usually had to wait 2-3 minutes for him to start his turns - and also tactically atrocious (how can you focus on more than one game at a time).

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Launcher wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to stop the clock whenever the opposing coach is choosing something (and when lag prevents the coach from doing anything)?

I guess it would be possible, but would take a LOT of programming work I think.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
He was awfully slow at times - I waited over 5 minutes for him to decide a sidestep

He must have been a slow-player in addition to a double-match-player, then, because you waiting 5 minutes for a side-step means he took a 5 minute turn in the other game (or had to be AFK for reasons unrelated to both matches).

Last edited by Mr_Launcher on %b %17, %2005 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I guess it would be possible, but would take a LOT of programming work I think.

I don't know how the timer has been implemented, but I guess it's a counter that is increased at regular intervals and when said counter reaches four minutes, the sound plays.

So my proposed change would be that instead of always increasing the counter, the counter is only increased when the program is waiting for input from the coach.

Another possible solution could be to unregister the timer event (i e the one that causes the increase counter code to be called at regular intervals) whenever a "waiting for opponent to ..." dialog is shown.
 Jump to: