26 coaches online • Server time: 02:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

To the original point. Report, if 30 other people have as well, maybe a pattern emerges.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
Umm... If your team is down to, say, 9 players, and you KNOW that it will lose next 2-3 games, possibly lose more games, why not just make a new team?

Just because of some good old role-playing. Just to make it a real challege to walk the path "from zero to hero". Just not to give up and learn how to lose a battle and win a war.
Do you always give up in the RL? How do you manage to live without neither [Save] nor [Reset] buttons?

Fama wrote:
I don't see it as a tactic to keep the winning percentage high, it's just funnier to play an even match compared to a match you can't win.

Which one would improve your win percentage:
a) lose next 4 games,
b) win at least one of next 4 games?
Do you see now?

Remember that there are:
- freebooters to be hired,
- other teams in similar situation,
- other a little bit stronger (handicap) teams with some nigglers.
Use these opportunities to even the odds. If you know that you can't win just play to survive.

Fama wrote:
(Besides, I think that's why there are more skaven teams than any other teams.)

IMNSHO many skaven coaches care a lot about high MA and do not care for low AV.

Last edited by macike on %b %15, %2005 - %15:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

darn, as a coach with a mere 47% w/l ratio I was hoping this thread would give some pointers.

I've only met one person who dropped out when I had an awesome game. He was new to fumbbl. After him never replying to my PMs to resume, I filled a support ticket and admins took care of it. Admins have always done a good job of that. thanks guys.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I had a real lame game against this one dude, he was winning to start with, and kept randomly fouling my weaker players (or any players for that matter), anyway I managed to somehow win the match by 1 TD and no matter what I did, my opponent wouldn't report the game, he also had the cheek to ask for a rematch (tho i couldn't play as that team was waiting for the report). I just told him no and I wouldn't play him again and then reported him to who ever it is that gets those little forms Laughing my theory is that he thought he cherry-picked me but couldn't handle it when he lost. So, that was my exeriance, only happened once and never again since.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:

Remember that there are:

-worse coaches like me.

ps: I have a nice crippled team at. No Ogre and two blitzers MNG.
Come on guys... It's your only chance to beat the Hellfishes!

(did I say only chance? No I didn't)

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
-worse coaches like me.

In your case it may be hard to find any worse coach. ;P

Just kidding. Best regards. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I was hoping this thread would give some pointers

My win/loss %ge isn't any better - but if you want a tip to improve it, here's mine - play Norse at low TR (i.e your team is Norse, not playing against them Wink ).
All with block and cheap enough to afford rerolls and easy replacements, in my experience they win a lot early. When they start getting to TR 150 and other teams get more competitive, retire 'em and start again Smile .

I tried it as an experiment a while ago - my CR was about 146 I think when I started and it got up to about 160 before I got bored with it (didn't take that long either). Was too easy really.

Norse are just nuts at starting levels and even if they break easily, it doesn't matter if you intend to retire them anyway!

Just my 2 cents.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Zons are harder to beat at low TR/TS with most teams than Norse are.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I forced a Norse team into retirement with my No-Tree FLings. A few bad armour/injury rolls and you're out of the race before you start.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:

Fama wrote:
I don't see it as a tactic to keep the winning percentage high, it's just funnier to play an even match compared to a match you can't win.

Which one would improve your win percentage:
a) lose next 4 games,
b) win at least one of next 4 games?
Do you see now?

Remember that there are:
Use these opportunities to even the odds. If you know that you can't win just play to survive.

I want to take c) "neither"
My winning percentage is higher than 25%.

- If I remember correctly, the freebooters you need hurt you badly when you try to rebuild the team, because you cannot afford to lose money.

- there aren`t teams in similar situation, at least not in R. Because everything with more than 1 perm injury gets retired - maybe because you just don`t find TR 80 teams in R on the finder.

You just don`t find even matches, if you have 9 players left after the first matches.

There are things a team can recover from, but not from 9 (rookie) players in R - not without playing extremly uneven games.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Play my no-tree flings! We're harmless! Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:

That's why I am quite suspicious when I see a coach with much more (I have seen ones with even 3-5 times more) retired teams than active ones.
A good coach adds some role-playing and rebuilds his teams.

Try playing stunty leeg and you'll see why some coaches have a lot of retired teams.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

DaGhuti-=Fr0zeN=- wrote:
I almost were blamed to be dropper once Sad My net crashed in the midle of a match due to thunder storm and started working lot later. Luckily my net started working just when the oppo was about to let the admins ban me. It would have really sucked ass to be banned because of that. So after that I have let my oppos know if there is even small chance that my net can crash and hope that every one would do this to avoid missunderstandings. I think that there's more accidental droppers that those who do this on purpose. Just wait calmly but if u don't get an anwser... Well I'd burn them.... slowly. Cause they ruin everyones (MINE!!! Evil or Very Mad ) reputation making everyone cautious spoiling the fun game. Banning is not enough strong punishment for those guys but quess there's nothing we can do about that Confused

you don't get banned, you get blocked => you have to go to fumbbladmin and explain yourself about what happend.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Gismo wrote:

Try playing stunty leeg and you'll see why some coaches have a lot of retired teams.

With high injury vulnerability it's nothing unusual and would nott surprise me.

Last edited by macike on %b %16, %2005 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

i drop if i'm winning