15 coaches online • Server time: 04:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the Khemri's cheese factor as high as using the AWP in Counterstrike?
Oh hell yeah, only losers play khemri!
29%
 29%  [ 24 ]
What? No way! Go home!
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
Don't know, don't care, but I'll gang foul you and your players. But mostly you.
34%
 34%  [ 28 ]
I am Macavity!
18%
 18%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 81

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it was the, "I have no sense of direction AT ALL in real life, and running around in circles in a video game gets boring fast" -kind of laugh Wink

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
No, it was the, "I have no sense of direction AT ALL in real life, and running around in circles in a video game gets boring fast" -kind of laugh Wink

You should try an infra-red pistol game, then. E.g. House of the Dead -series (excellent!) or Time Crisis at the arcades.

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I beat Area 51 on 3 quarters in first year university.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
khemris and dwarves are so boring.... How many times did I heard that.

Let's solve this:

Why are they boring? because they are slow and don't pass.

In short, they usually use a single, unchanging way to score (without multiple stat increases) - caging. As both players know beforehand what the match will be like, there's no anticipation and it all feels boring.

Wicked plays with Dwarves/Khemri are likely to make it more interesting for both players but a) caging is an easier play style to learn and use and b) more "interesting moments" usually mean "more randomness" and "more risky situations". In practise: it's fun to throw a HMP with Dwarven Runner but scoring that way won't be as certain as with caging.

Caging is easy? Wow... I can't make a good cage if I try...
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Natakutoo wrote:

(I checked your win% before writing this)

All it takes is 5 available players (although the one in the middle should preferably have the ball). No necessary dodging or blocks involved to form a cage. If opponent doesn't touch your cage, move it ahead. If he does, bash them silly and then move it ahead - switching the four surrounding players where necessary.

BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

cageing is perverse, more often then not there are better ways to protect the ball then the standard 5 man cage even for khemri
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with caging is that it ties up way too many players in some situations - the solution is either not to cage or tear your opponents team to shreds so you won't feel the loss of manpower on the rest of the field Smile
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Natakutoo wrote:

(I checked your win% before writing this)

All it takes is 5 available players (although the one in the middle should preferably have the ball). No necessary dodging or blocks involved to form a cage. If opponent doesn't touch your cage, move it ahead. If he does, bash them silly and then move it ahead - switching the four surrounding players where necessary.

Yes, yes, I'm a terrible coach. I'd give some excuses but they'd sound terribly trite.
And what I said was a little misleading. It's not so much the making a cage that's the problem, more the making and keeping/playing with a cage. When to move on despite being one or two corners down, when not to and suchlike. It just doesn't fit with my mentality... Ah, whatever. Anyway, back to talking khemri, eh?
Synn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Caging is tougher than sitting back with your Elven super thrower chucking long bombs. Caging is higher risk and more enjoyable then that sissy crap.

Very Happy Very Happy

__Synn
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

AG 2 cage?
Buy a wizard.
Fireball cage.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
AG 2 cage?
Buy a wizard.
Fireball cage.

my usual results with that stupid spell

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats AWP???? Its a kind of PIE?
Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a high-powered rifle in Counter-Strike that can go through walls and kills in 1 hit, a favourite of twitch snipers and filthy hack-cheaters... still, fun gun but it's got nothing on the AK... As for Khemri they are boring overpowered freaks... they always get lucky when they try to move the ball to counter their only disadvantage and are generally the stupidest team Blood-Bowl has seen since the birth of the game... they enrage me to no end and I now refuse to play them barring a vast advantage in TR and TS to the point they can only field 10 players to my 16 and have at least 2 blockless Mummies so I can gang foul and destroy every filthy piece of filth on the team... they don't deserve to be fielded and if I had my way I'd delete the whole team from my memory as well as Fumbbl itself... they're dumb... I'd rather play a wall of MB, Guard Dwarves then an unskilled Khemri team at least the Dwarves have class and adaptability even if it is minimal... Khemri are played by children and win % obsessed coaches who've forgotten what fun is in exchange for random pain and hurt... bloody Vampires...
Meech

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I am not reading what your feelings are Nature_Warden. How do you really feel? Please try not to be so vague. Smile

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a somewhat simple diagram to help you all understand my hate for Khemri as a team in general...

This is my distaste for the brand of influenza involving nausea and fatigue...
[--------------]

This is how much hate I feel about people randomly shooting babies...
[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Goerge Bush's Facist empire ranking of distaste...
[-----------------------------]

...and, let's say liver and onions...
[-----------------------]

Finally, my hate for Khemri!
[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

So as you can easily see, I hate Khemri more then random baby killers...
 Jump to: