33 coaches online • Server time: 10:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is the most famous team in [R]
Laviano Fighting Hellfish
18%
 18%  [ 21 ]
startrek.nl
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
Nandorins
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Don't care.
23%
 23%  [ 27 ]
Who?
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Some other team (please post name then)
25%
 25%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 116

Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Falcons
Plorg

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JackDaniels wrote:
blood falcons

Rijssiej wrote:
Blood Falcons

Dominik wrote:
Blood Falcons

Ditto.
Dendiir

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill go with the Weapon Masters
Idolen

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I went with the hellfishes.... just beacuse I have a great match record against them Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rematch anyday Jan. Keep upp the good work.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Why Falcons? To show how insanely high a team can get when you don't have to worry about people killing a player? Perhaps playing every game with around a 100 TS advantage is a skill.

Falcons are nice in that it is always fun to see one of those TR 700 monstrosities (check out OLBBL if you want to see more). As far as i see, the Falcons were not built on skill, only a limited selection of coaches and opposing teams.

The real legendary teams got their legendary players the old fashioned way, by fighting a variety of opponents.

Elfball teams get no love here.

__Synn
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Why Falcons? To show how insanely high a team can get when you don't have to worry about people killing a player? Perhaps playing every game with around a 100 TS advantage is a skill.

Falcons are nice in that it is always fun to see one of those TR 700 monstrosities (check out OLBBL if you want to see more). As far as i see, the Falcons were not built on skill, only a limited selection of coaches and opposing teams.

The real legendary teams got their legendary players the old fashioned way, by fighting a variety of opponents.

__Synn

you're just denigrating.

However I think the Blood Falcons, for havingf been the highest TR team ever (as far as I am aware) are the most famous team around.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, as far as I can see the poll list is very short and therefore inaccurate...

maybe we can safe this thread and list all those famous teams... then create a new poll where you can choose the team you are a fan of...

I would like to see the following teams there:

Fluffy Kittens and more
Lavino Fighting Hellfishes
Microchoir
Nachtburg Ancients
Peokko's special mix
startrek.nl

Last edited by Sysiphos on %b %04, %2006 - %13:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Synn wrote:

__Synn

you're just denigrating.

He's certainly denigrating - but why the 'just'? Wink

The Blood Falcons almost certainly are the most famous team in Ranked. Do they deserve to be? That's another question entirely …

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

We are talking about Fame rather than whether or not you think the team are any good Razz

Also when talking about fame others have mentioned that a lot o fnew teams have been mentioned rather than the old teams from way back when . But in this fickle world you need to maintain a presence to stop you becoming yesterdays news , obviously you still keep a legendary fame for a long while , Fame takes as long to build as it takes to fade .

So far "My Eleven Thugz" havent been named but if you bother looking at the record book they seem well deserving of a mention even though they are long gone it seems .

I think asking who is the most famous is never going to be able to be answered , who would you say was more famous between Madonna and Michael Jackson , they are both universally known by everyone ?
There are teams that are probably known of by everybody who has played here for a month and shown any intrest in the community . As fame is just a matter of how many people know you then its not really something you can easily quantify as a more/less destinction .

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
The Blood Falcons almost certainly are the most famous team in Ranked. Do they deserve to be? That's another question entirely …

thats why i would like to change it to "For which team are you cheering the most?"
Curro

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

thats why i would like to change it to "For which team are you cheering the most?"

And which one are you booing the most?
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
Quote:

And which one are you booing the most?

da green watermelons... Twisted Evil Cool Wink

Last edited by Sysiphos on %b %04, %2006 - %13:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Fama

I'd list Inkaprettatori and My 11 Thugz right there next to Blood Falcons. And don't forget that awful team with the most-cas-making-player, Bunnypuncher. Ugh.

im suprised no-ones mentioned inkaprettatori.
there cant be many more famous teams than them no mater what your opinion may be of them.

edit fama beat me by a few seconds Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for the Juzam Jinns.
 Jump to: