25 coaches online • Server time: 02:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Every page says in rather large bold letters:

You may only have 1 team applying to this group.
You may not be in a different Weekly Qualifier.
You may not apply for a Quick Start Qualifier if you have applied here.
All duplicate applications will be deleted!

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the trouble on "copy/pasting"... as i said i read it but didnt understand.. you can call me stupid, idiot whatever you want... Smile no problem...or you could answer me... when i apply to one group with a team, and to another with other team i "only have 1 team applying to this group", i am "not in a different Weekly qualifier" (because i dont know which team is/ was/ will be accepted) and i didnt "apply for a Quick Start Qualifier", and still...i think i dont have a "duplicate applications" (because its 2 different teams).

I dont care if ppl that understood the info call me stupid... but i've seen many doubts that i consider "stupid" but are answered...simply answered

Sry again for the trouble
NP

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think "All duplicate applications will be deleted!" goes to the coach, not only a team
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
Addendum...

bragging about beating the Blood Falcons is acceptable Very Happy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1152285

Laughing Cool Very Happy

Oh I so couldnt resist.
nportela

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you "Arcon".... but then i found this paragraph...
"
Coaches attempting to qualify for the third time will only be granted a spot if they are needed to fill out the numbers and at the tourney admin's discretion. Coaches attempting even more qualifiers should consider themselves lucky if they make it in."
and
"The FUMBBL Cup is the premier event in the FUMBBL calendar and we want as many different teams playing as possible. We would like to have 256 different coaches with 256 different teams if possible. However, if we do not achieve this, then we have to apportion out the limited second chance opportunities. By giving priority to coaches who were unsuccessful in a 'premier' (read non Swiftest Applicant) Weekly KO group, we hope to increase demand for spots in such groups which will mean a better chance we have only 16 Quick Starts (instead of 20 like last year) because Quick Starts are much harder to run than Weekly KO groups."

It refers to what situation? ... because... if the duplicates are deleted, there shouldn't be any record on the teams that applied more than 2 times...

Im saying this because last year i applied to the team with most games played and i had like 72 games, i didnt enter in the cup... dont know why, specially after reading this :

"Last year there were only 2 Long Lived Teams and 3 Highest CR Qualifers as there were not enough applicantions to fill a third and fourth qualifier group respectively."

NP

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

nportela, you are quoting that paragraph out of context.

If you read the question and answer before it, you will see what situation this refers to -> when second chances are granted.

I willl try to make the FAQ even clearer that:

a) you can only apply to one Weekly Group.
b) if you do not get a spot in the Weekly KO (or did not apply), you can apply for a Quick Start spot (at least 128 spots will be available).
c) if you have applied and been ACCEPTED into a Weekly or Quick Start group and are defeated, then you may wish to try again (that is, a 'second chance'. The criteria for receiving a criteria are in the FAQ, but I will repeat them here. Firstly, second chances will only be given after 8 of the Quick Starts have commenced. Secondly, preference will be given to 'first timers', then coaches who lost in a Weekly other than Fastest Applicants, then Fastest Applicants, then those who have lost a Quick Start.

M

still disliked all round!
nportela

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2006 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Malthor... i still think (IMHO) that for ppl that never entered the cup... there are a lot of links to "browse" and harvest info on the Fumbbl CUP... but its my OPINION...

Looking forward to the day i can apply... with my Khuruk Ai (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141160)

Cya all in the fields

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering are applications being accpeted at 12:01am (obviosuly bbtime) on the 30th or at another set, possibly more reasonable time for admins(for me its 3pm and I'll be in class which is why I'm asking).
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the competition to apply warrants an "ebay sniper" type mentality.

.... of course i could be wrong Smile

__Synn
ThePimpImp

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Swift applicants might, I don't have anything else I qualify for so swift applicants it is.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ThePimpImp wrote:
Swift applicants might, I don't have anything else I qualify for so swift applicants it is.

There are also the Quick Starts with 128 spots up for grabs.

still disliked all round!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
ThePimpImp wrote:

There are also the Quick Starts with 128 spots up for grabs.

Ah, but you need to have IRC access for those, which I have not! Well, ok, I am moving on Saturday, so that might change, but still...
Flix

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:

Ah, but you need to have IRC access for those, which I have not!

only play from work ???
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
Can the iconic Nandorins go back to back? Will Petter pick up his third Major? Will Synn ever beat an elf team in this or any other major tournament? Will Khorne's Scorn ever win a tournament match?

Sad

Well, at least I finally have 11 players...for now.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor: When does the application for Swift start?
 Jump to: