58 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
amlesh

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2008 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be playing on Wednesday.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2008 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lioddo wrote:
Come on guys, we did real well that first weekend and now nobody is playing again

Ummm, to be fair.. in the main division, every game that can be played has been played... We're still waiting on 2 coaches to play their 1st round game...

*cough*...slackers...*cough*
ChevalierFoF

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2008 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a suggestion. Next year instead of a set schedule we do a "sock exchange". It was the way they had it in the orginal Blood Bowl boxed set. Round Robin after a fashion. We would have to work out the details, but we would all play ten games. Maybe set up divisions. The log jam stuff would go away and we could all play more games. Put a time frame on it. I'll work out some details and post it here.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2008 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the time limit a weekly emailed warnings is working out nicely, so far. That is if Heath and Tom play in time. Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2008 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You're full of it. A more open system of play could only help us. It would get more teams involved and the lesser ranked teams could advance more quickly. Some teams just aren't going to play more than one game a month. Most of us feel at least a couple a month would be best.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2008 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

me and Jeremy would play each other everyday and other teams would never play it would cease being a league

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ChevalierFoF wrote:
You're full of it. A more open system of play could only help us.

Trust me.. anything but a fixed schedule will lead to cherry picking and people avoiding teams (like Dave once he gets all his mummies back!). I've been in leagues that run both ways and it's clear that fixed schedules are the most fair. Yes it sucks to wait on logjams (and honestly I think requiring 1 game / month is TOO lenient) but the alternatives are simply far worse.
ChevalierFoF

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If we put out a list of ten teams we had to play in each round I think that could work. You had to play all ten of those teams to complete the round and put a time limit on the round. It could work.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ChevalierFoF wrote:
If we put out a list of ten teams we had to play in each round I think that could work. You had to play all ten of those teams to complete the round and put a time limit on the round. It could work.

That's called an "Open Round Robin" and what ends up happening is it becomes more a game of whom to play when, than just playing games.

i.e. People might try to wait to play a higher skilled team until just AFTER that team has played a really brutal team (hoping for injuries). That's what I mean by cherry picking, you get people ducking teams (until they're forced to play them) or trying to pick the easy games first to build up for the tough teams.

It's MUCH better to have a set schedule that takes all the manipulation out of it.
ChevalierFoF

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2008 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

And here we sit waiting for Heath and Tom. Manipulation by the weaker and cowardly teams in this league will have no impact on the solid teams. I can only think of one person here who tried to dodge Dave's team. At least my way we could actually play more than once a month.
rllesh

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2008 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's in Heath's contract. He's only allowed to play at the very last minute.
Lioddo

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2008 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I see both sides of the arguement. It would be nice to play more often, but Jeremy is right about the cherry picking. There have been several people that avoided playing games against me back when the requirement was 1 game per month and we were resetting the schedule every month. I was avaerging 1 1/3 games per month.
ChevalierFoF

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2008 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Talk about irony. The Vikingers bye week is round 11.
ChevalierFoF

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Elf boy! Don't be a coward. I can see you're worried about cherry picking as you practice it yourself.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The game's only been up 5 days and already I'm accused of ducking?

Considering I had my first 3 games played 22 days before you managed your 1st, I don't think you have any room to lecture me.

Besides, it's not like you can catch me for the Regular season title...
 Jump to: