43 coaches online • Server time: 12:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 12:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The GLT finals are straight KO. So everyone knows their path to the finals.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, cheers.

In that case, my patented Extrapolator(TM) suggests we might even get a chaos dwarf/dwarf final.

I can't see any of the Lizards beating Tiny Steel Hammers.

Top half is between the Orcs/CDwarves and Skaven. Skaven/Dwarf final would be my second bet. One or two injuries to the key men and those Skaven teams are out in a heartbeat though.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
btw Azure, you talk like one team is coming through those sets of four to the QF. But QF is the next round no? 16 teams here going down to 8.

Also it's never clear to me - are these brackets set? Or can any winner potentially play any other winner in the QF?

Yes, I worded that poorly. It should have been which four teams do I think get to the semi-final round. I meant to say quarterfinal winner.

Some tournaments are king of the hill - others are straight draw. One of the neat things is that majors are all different. This being a straight draw with all 4 lizards in the bottom 8 - means a good chance one of them makes it to the finals.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Turteltauben
Con barbas y a lo loco

splut! 2-0 Con barbas y a lo loco

Vi[R]us
Porc Purple

Orcs vs the Claw! I just cant see Purp win this. 2-1 Vi[R]us in Overtime.

Rata Blanca
Behind the Smile

not gonna predict my own mathc

Mean Matron Mothers
Grosse Mäuse

The mightiest mouse team around vs good Dark Elves. 2-1 Grosse Mäuse

Metal balls
Lords of Dogtown

Will the dwarvesbuy a bribe? This is going to be interesting, i predict.
2-1 Metal Balls after a crazy turn 16 score!

Dirty Little Dinos
Lustrian Tomb Guard

Hard to predict. I ll go for
Dirty Little Dinos 2-1.

Tiny Steel Hammers
Popes of Mope

This could easily be a major final. There will be blood, but the last elf standing will senak through to make it 2-1 Popes of Mope

Coldblooded Offensive
Chasing the moon

Wow! That is a lizard team! Sorry, darkies but
3-0 Coldblooded Offensive
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

The main draw is set to kick off today with a double header. The fans are allready packed into the parking lot and the tailgating is in full swing. A few brawls have allready kicked off the tourney in the parking lot. Now the specs are ready for the pros to lock horns on the grid iron. 5 Legend players will be on display in these two matches. The ERA of legend players in majors has now officially begun.

Iam back once again in the press box ready to cover the action.

Lets take a look

ImageTiny Steel Hammers
VS
ImagePopes of Mope

The Hammers are primed for their second major title this season. They come into the match lean and mean still sprouting their mutations from the WO. The Hammers should be able to lay out the Popes and stack the CAS boxes deep. Really simple game plan tonight. Slow and brutal and march down the field.

The Popes are looking at a steep moutain in this match up. On paper this is going to need some divine intervention for the popes to pull this one out. They are outclassed from the top of the roster to the bottom. There is only one path to victory in this one. RUN!!!!! they have to somehow get to the second half with atleast 8+ guys. Some how, some way they have to get a defensive Turn Over to stay in this match. No wizard, no inducements. It is really grim.

Hammers lay out the popes and stack the CAS and KO boxes deep. Fans of the Popes better bring atleast a case of beer to witness the carnage.

Hammers win this 2-0 in a Pro Elf grind fest.

ImageViRus
VS
ImagePorc Purple

Bash O rama on slate in this one.

Virus brings some CPOMB to the match to open up that greenskin armor. They are anchored by their 2 legendary Warriors. Smash and bash is the name of the match. Get those BoB's off the pitch and start working over the blitzers. They will need the regen to be on in this one though. I dont see them pushing the greenskins all over the pitch. They better be ready for a mid field scrumm.

Purple comes into match well suited for this throw down. IF they can control the LOS and lay into some of the Warriors then that will free up the blitzers to hunt down some pesti's and lay them out.

This match will come down to the battle on the LOS. Who ever gets the advantage early and lays some CAS will be looking good.

This should be a very fun match. It is way to close to call.

Iam going with Virus in this one. Porc Purple gets laid out on the LOS early in this match and are fighting uphill all match long. They just dont have enough gas in the tank in the second half to pull it out.

Virus 2-1 over Purple in a close fought match.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So what's the body count at halftime in the Hammers/Popes tilt?

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

No clue...Iam stuck up at work.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like it is headed to OT. Interesting to know who has what left to field.

Shame Milford can't get a full time gig doing the game reports. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

No clue...Iam stuck up at work.

at half time it was even 1-1 in bodies. Then elves started falling...
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

What a match FUMBBL fans. The Hammers took a half to get warmed up, drink a beer or three, have fun, sign some autographs on the sidelines. Then the second half kicked off and then the Hammers "went to town". Laid out the Popes and beat them out.

ImageSilent Super Star catcher, he was a shoe in for legend. Taken down hard. His corpse was dumped in the RIP box and left for the flies.

BUT the Popes have pride and exact their revenge !!!!

ImageAndrea Stout was pummelled by the Popes into the pitch and then used as a spring board for a leaping arieal celebration of RIP. Yeah he was just a chump dorf...but a dead dorf is a dead un, allways celebrate a dead dorf, right?

ImageFatty The legendary blitzer of lore found himself at the bottom of a scrumm. Dwarfs beating him down. Some guy eye gouged him, antoher dorf "racked' him, anther was chewing on his left ear and then some dorf with a big claw stuck it up were the sun dont shine, with no KY jelly.

Fatty will be taking a game off to recover from his ordeal on the pitch.

Iam watching the ground crew clear out the bench area of the Popes getting ready for the next match. It is gruesome. There must be atleast 50lbs of blood soaked bandages on the ground. The crew is using a firehose to clear out all the blood. I think I see 3 teeth laying on the pitch at mid field.

What an opening match for the main draw. Lets hope Virus and Porc Purple can top that.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2012 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

In another fun match against Dolls - Tiny Steel Hammers narrowly advance:

Recap:
First block of the game, we suffered a RIP to our guard blocker and that set the tone for the first half. We struggled badly all half - mostly unable to even knock anyone down...when we did, we would fail to break armor...pile on - and still fail to break armor. Then Aidan got badly hurt as well...we used our apothecary - but this was bad. Four turns into the game and we already have suffered 2 CAS and only inflicted 1 KO!! There was some yelling and hollering - what the heck were these elves thinking! Well, enough was enough and we finally took out an elf (and a good one - ST 4 guard lineman) - the elf apoth failed and it was a glimmer of hope. However the rest of the half continued to be an epic fail. Turn 8 blocking was more fail (no removals)...so second half started with us down to 10 players - and the pro elves still having a bench (12 players left).

Nothing was going right and it continued on the kickoff with the elves getting a perfectly placed short kick + blitz kickoff roll. ST 4 AG 5 catcher grabbed the ball and was caged up during the blitz free turn. And that was that. Most of the fans sighed and stomped away...it was over! We managed to get Jason next to the ballcarrier...but ST 4 AG 5 blodge leaper...there were many ways to get free and he indeed was chainpushed free. The game looked like a 0-2 defeat.

Then SPLAT. The elf guard catcher that was such a pain all game failed a dodge and fell on a sharp rock (nope - i have *no* idea who may have placed that there!). The dwarves stopped failing so much - and made the blocks they needed to free Asher - Jump Up allowed him to blitz the ballcarrier. 1d with dauntless (had to RR the 3+ dauntless), but got a 1d pow/push and tackle took down the star catcher...and SPLAT...Asher piled on and the catcher was carted off the field. The ball was loose and in a span of 1/2 turn 2 of the best elves were done for the game (and next)...John Little then dodged through traffic and grabbed the ball. He lost it for a moment - and the elves had 1 chance to recover - but failed the pickup - as all the dice abandoned them. The dwarves smelled blood - and exploded into the remaining elves - crunching them one after another - only a few line elves remained and a 1 skill blitzer.

After we tied it up 1-1, we won the toss in OT, but we still had a squad of 10 vs a demoralized and leaderless elves. Even without their stars - they charged again and again - but it was over.

A harrowing experience once again - as our last desperate attempt worked and that allowed us to recover from the blitz on the kickoff...if we had failed that blitz - then there would have likely been no more chances against the elves.

Well played - and I am sure we will meet again!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2012 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Behind the Smile vs Rata Blanca tonight at Eurocup-friendly 19:00 BBtime.

Oh and everyone else, please use the scheduler or post your match times here or both, dont hide your announcements in blogs etc....
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2012 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Lustrian Tomb Guard vs Dirty Little Dinos tomorrow (Monday) at 21:00 BBtime.
Rumanski

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2012 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Grotty Little Tournament VII -

Ok the ending was quite clear - with the gobbos being brushed along the field by the dwarves but i fancy had some good moments : especially nobblas daring courage and him splattering some boyz and not being removed was cool for me.

First half me boyz had some glory only being stopped by a lucky pow Very Happy
- we had it in our hands for a couple of time - yee haw

Thx Lepa for this cool game - go and release some fury with some straight up fist fights and good luck here vs Fela`s extraordinairy Nurgleboyz! (I am a true fan of those)

In the end you will succumb finally to the greenskins xD

cheers Rumanski
Fela

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2012 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Rumanski wrote:

Thx Lepa for this cool game - go and release some fury with some straight up fist fights and good luck here vs Fela`s extraordinairy Nurgleboyz! (I am a true fan of those)

Hey, we have a fan? Smile

Too bad you didn't manage to reduce the CD's number of claws a bit like PC did with mine.
 Jump to: