40 coaches online • Server time: 16:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Garion wrote:
The text says exactly what jimmy, I, and others have quoted many times now. - the movement takes place after measurement since this doesnt happen you cannot move. It is that simple.
It also takes place before interceptions, so if there are no interceptions then you cannot move.
Rolling Eyes

you have already raised this point and been shot down. Why persist. You do not even look for interceptions? That comes after, the PB step in the sequence. The rules are clear on this.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
But whatever he does decide; not even an ex-member of the rules committee thinks it's a gimmie of an answer, so stop tearing strips off of each other. M'kay?

So that's the reason why we never got the feedback from that post. You denied it to us.

Well, look at the posts around in this thread and the (frankly mind numbingly over the top) talk flying around.

If you'd like to go to the trouble of doing some of the ground work yourself, feel free. I didn't feel it was quite right to post the thoughts of someone that, as a rule, doesn't get involved in this sort of thing in these sorts of threads, since he was kind enough to give me an answer. Thanks for getting back to me; by the way, there will be five pages on how you're an idiot by one side or the other by tomorrow morning.

Anyway; you should all stop arguing, frankly. You look like plonkers! Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So can you give us a general idea of what he said? Smile We dont know who you are refering too anyway really and it would be really good to put this to bed.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup I'm sorry Garion, but you're using faulty logic. I've expressed my opinion a number of times, and you have yet to use a proper logical argument to disprove it at any point. You have gone to show that your interpretation has a case; I disagree with your interpretation. Dode74 has shown a number of times the logical errors with your logic, and you have simply dismissed them instead of breaking them down logically.

My suggestion: Break every part of your logic down into symbols (so things like: pass = x, measure = y, etc), and use logical notation to follow your own argument, and the arguments of those against you. You'll see why we disagree with you. (Note, if you'd like, I can do it).

Also note, I'm arguing this entirely from a logical point of view, without regards to the actual decision taking place. I think Garion is a standup fellow who could benefit from this which is why I'm mentioning it, even if Kalimar has got to the point where he can make the decision and needs no more input whatsoever from this thread.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand why you think like you do. I posted a number of pages back that this could be interpreted either way really, I personally believe that measure stuff is the deciding factor, some agree, others disagree which is fine. This is why I posted the thread on TFF and asking for a response specifically from the BBRC and specifically asked people not to post in it, because the wording is not clear, and as Purplegoo has confirmed they hadnt really considered this. But guess who popped up and spammed it with his usual BS.

Last edited by Garion on %b %24, %2012 - %21:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
But whatever he does decide; not even an ex-member of the rules committee thinks it's a gimmie of an answer, so stop tearing strips off of each other. M'kay?

So that's the reason why we never got the feedback from that post. You denied it to us.

Well, look at the posts around in this thread and the (frankly mind numbingly over the top) talk flying around.

If you'd like to go to the trouble of doing some of the ground work yourself, feel free. I didn't feel it was quite right to post the thoughts of someone that, as a rule, doesn't get involved in this sort of thing in these sorts of threads, since he was kind enough to give me an answer. Thanks for getting back to me; by the way, there will be five pages on how you're an idiot by one side or the other by tomorrow morning.

Anyway; you should all stop arguing, frankly. You look like plonkers! Wink

And that looks good on no one!

Maybe except Chewie.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Yup I'm sorry Garion, but you're using faulty logic. I've expressed my opinion a number of times, and you have yet to use a proper logical argument to disprove it at any point.

Point of order: opinions do not need to be disproved by logic; assertions or hypotheses do.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough pythrr!

However, Dode74 is saying much the same thing I am; and Garion is asserting that Dode74 is simply wrong. It is my opinion that Dode74 is correct; and if Garion would limit himself to having a contrary opinion, that would be one thing. But by asserting Dode74 is wrong, Garion should prove or disprove logically why he is wrong, which I have not seen.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Garion should prove or disprove logically why he is wrong, which I have not seen.
That's because Dode is correct.
dode74

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
dode74 wrote:
Garion wrote:
The text says exactly what jimmy, I, and others have quoted many times now. - the movement takes place after measurement since this doesnt happen you cannot move. It is that simple.
It also takes place before interceptions, so if there are no interceptions then you cannot move.
Rolling Eyes

you have already raised this point and been shot down. Why persist. You do not even look for interceptions? That comes after, the PB step in the sequence. The rules are clear on this.
You've not yet responded to my assertion that your response ("shot down" Rolling Eyes ) is flawed. You're cherrypicking that one part of the sentence refers to one thing and another refers to something completely different. A look at the sentence structure shows you otherwise:
"The move is made out of sequence, after the range has been measured, but before any interception attempts have been made."
Clause one states that the move is different to what would normally be seen, and clauses two and three state what that difference is. Claiming that clause two is a limitation on when you can use it is not within the context of the sentence.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, please listen to Goo - everyone...

This is more pointless than CLAWPOMB threads.

The rule is ambiguously written (as it stands).
Kalimar will take advice from a few sensible people.
He'll then make a ruling and code it.
And that, sirs, will be that.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmmmm has this topic been deleted over on the TFF forums?
dode74

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's there: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36364

I was happy to keep it there, but calls of "this is the right answer so go with it" have tempted me to respond Wink
stej

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wont somebody think of the children!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am thinking of the children! This is a lovely thread to bring to my philosophy 1101 critical thinking class.
 Jump to: