25 coaches online • Server time: 09:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
So close Lord Borak so close Evil or Very Mad

And yet, so far away!

The remaining bashers are mostly in my half of the bracket. Theoretically I could face MB werewolf action next round, then the mutants.

...or I could be eliminated by rats... Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well we roll into the main draw and the excitment level is really high right now. This should be a great final 16 and every match a battle. Be sure to get your spec time in on these matches and do not miss out on all the action.

Lets get right into it.

TOP BRACKET

ImageLustrian Tomb Guard
VS
ImageExcellence of Execution!

The Tomb Guard is in deep trouble...they come in with 12 players and lack depth of skills on the team. They will be getting 500,000+ in inducment money and that is were their entire game plan rests....Get the wiz, maybe a star and load up on babes. This will be a uphill climb all the way. Their sauraus are facing down some serious firepower and their normal ST advantage is taken away in this match..Hope the skinks can stay up right, get some luck on the key plays and hope the Wizard comes through big time...looking grim

Excellence is in a nice spot. Their CLPOMB warror should have a field day in this one but he also brings some serious looking friends with him. Play this one close to the vest, nothing crazy. Just beat down the lizards and then beat them some more and once you think you are done beating send in a boot and finish them off...That is it.

Barring some crazy dice and divine inducment intervention the Chaos scumm roll this match and blow it open by the start of the second half.

Execution roll the opening round and get a 2-0 victory.

ImageUncensored Tennage Hardcore
VS
ImageKislev Larvae

Hardcore is set for a deep run and they should have no problems in this opening round match. They have all the skills neccesary to win the GLT. This match just requires some patience and get the elf ball game up and running. As allways leery of the inducments they are giving up, that could cause this match to get very serious. But they will be able to overcome what ever the humans throw at them.

The Larvae have some tackle which is allways a must but come in with a ST4 blitzer MNG, that will hurt. The inducment money is huge for them and every option is open. If they leverage the inducments they might have a outside shot, it is slim but that might give them that needed edge. Larvae need to hit the Sigmar temple before the match and make a large donation, at this point divinve intervention might be all they got.

This match turns into a serious nail bitter coming down to the end. The Larvae have enough in the tank to drive the Hardcore nuts. But in the end they come up 2 turns short and the hardcore hold on for the win.

Hardcore 2-1 in a very close and tense match.

ImageBigotillos
vs
ImageNecroGigios

Bigotillos comes into the match with 3 stout Gutter Runners, the key to any skaven victory. Get those guys up and running and keep them running and they are golden. They do have the man advantage to start the match and they could use that to great advantage if they can somehow short man the necros. But they need to be on the look out for those nasty tacklers that will be hunting down the gutters.

The Gigios will be getting some inducement money, possibly a wizard for the match. They need to get their wolves up and running and get chewing on some gutter tails. Stay patient and keep working on the skaven LOS players and attempt to widdle them down. Getting the man advantage on the LOS will be key in this match...they do that and they got a really good shot.

This match is a toss up. Can make the case for both sides in this one...going to come down to about 5 key plays to determine the winner...if it comes down to a OTS shot for the skaven the necros are toast.

Bigotillos manage to hang on this match for dear life and win it 3-2 in a really fun match. But the gigios take a serious pound of flesh from the skaven leaving them dreading the second round match.

Bottom Bracket

ImageSpectators Champions
VS
ImageHells Horrors

The Champs are beat down and carry a J-man for the match...they have 10 solid players and should be able to move the ball. But going with 11 that is a thin margin. Also no inducements in this match making it a straight up affair...They are going to be hard pressed in this match. Got to hope that the intangable fall their way, good armor break rolls and no CAS against. They can do it but it will be tough.

The Horrors will present nightmares for the champs...Just lay on them and play the numbers game. DP foul to get the man advantage and press home the shortman advantage. When ever playing elves covering the ball and no stupid ball handling moves that cause a defensive TO is top priority. All it will take is one screw up and the elves will swoop in and maybe take the match.

this match is bi polar...it will either be a Horrors rout as they beat down the 11 man elves or a griping match that comes down to the last few turns.

Iam hoping for the dramatic finish but the Horrors in the end just have to much for the Champs to contend with.

Horrors 2-1 in a tight match that they hang on to win.

ImageMagerit Revengers
VS
ImageCrossdressers

The Revengers come into the main draw feeling good but they run across some dang Zons and it looks like they outblodge them, WHAT? and they only have two tacklers...this could get interesting really fast. AG4 will be the big diffrence and player postioning will be key. If the revengers can keep the tactical advantage and not let the zons tee off on them their agility will be the winning ingrediant in this match. They need to bring the A game for this match up.

The Dressers out blodge the elves and out tackle them, a good start. But that will not be enough. They got to find a way to get some CAS going and protect that dang ball...they dont want to get a man advantage to only lose the game in the closing turns to the superior AG of the elves. They come in with the slight advantage and need to find a way to make it a game winning advantage...they also get some inducement money to play with to give them a slight edge.

Iam going to go with the upset special in this one.

The crossdressers give the Revengers all they can handle and some more. This turns into one of those rare matches when the Revengers are looking to the heavens and wonder what the hell just happened.

Dressers take this one 2-1 and seal the deal on turn 14.

ImageRanaldinhos
VS
ImageMithril Diablos

Ranaldinhos come into this match looking really good. These guys can really bring on the slann ball. And they are going to have to use that leap to get an advantage. They should be able to deftly blow by the putrid hobgoblins and manuver around the CD's but when porkchop gets that ball in his hands....TROUBLE.. They have to find some way to get porkchop out of the match or somehow neutralize him some how...the entire game plan rests on the ability to control or KILL that Legend Bull.

The Diablos hopes rest completly on the hooves and hands of Pork Chop. IF the CD cannot lay out some slann and this match turns into a game of postioning and the slann start winning that battle they are sunk. Get the CAS rolling some how and get that Bull up and running and over some slann and punch their way into the second round.

This one is a toss up...I can make the case for both teams. I think this match will go back and forth all game but at some point there will be one huge, critical, game changing One Shot at Pork Chop and all the marbles will hang in the balance. This match could come down to one roll of the block dice with a reroll on Pork Chop and the outcome determines the entire match.

I never go against a Legend...The Dibalos run with Bulls and fry up some frog legs...Diablos 2-1 in a classic match.

ImageAquilas Negras
VS
ImageEmpire Strikes Back Insanity

The negras come into the match with a 12 man squad, one better than the Insanity. So they are going to be playing on thin ice, cannot let the HE's get the man advantage. Their witches are the heart of the team and they need to get up and running and hunt down those catchers of the Insanity..They get the catchers off the pitch and they got a really good shot in this one. Man for man they are not as strong as the insanity but they should be able to figure out a way to move the ball. They need the defensive TO badly in this match.

The Insanity are in the same boat as the Negras...they have no room for error on the CAS front. Get the catchers up and running and hope they get some cracks in the darkies armor. taking down the witches will be key..if they get that done then they can slow play this match and elf ball stall this one out for a win.

This is another to close to call match....a very even match up.

The magic 8 ball comes out.

Well going with the Negras getting a defensive turnover on turn 16 and going end zone to endzone for the game winner. It will be that close and come down to the last turn.

Negras steal the victory 2-1.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As Painstate has done such a good job above, I'll stick to quick predictions:

1st round
Excellence of Execution!
UTH
LoO - already decided
Bigotillos

Spectators Champions
Magrit Revengers
Mithril Diablos
Empire Strikes Back Insanity

2nd round
UTH
Bigotillos

Magerit
ESBI

Semi-Final
UTH
Magerit

Final
Magerit
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are Milfords Power Rankings going into the main draw...Some of the top teams seem to be in trouble early. The bashers seem to have gotten good draws which should allow them to go deep in the main draw. Dark elves might be on the ropes and IF my picks are spot on then 2 of the 4 dark elves will be making the early exit.

1)Uncensored Teenage Hardcore
2)Magerit Revengers
3)Legion of Ogrimmar/ Advances on a 2-1 win
4)Bigotillos
5)Spectators Champion
6)Aquilas Negras
7)Excellence in Execution
8)Mithril Diablos
9)Ranaldinhos
10)Cross Dressers
11)Empire Strikes Back Insanity
12)Hells Horrors
13)Necrogigios
14)Kislev Larvae
15)Lustrian Tomb Guard
16)Pokemors/ Eliminated

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT is popping now FUMBBL fans and the party is on. The problem with Blood Bowl parties is that they attract the crazies like moths to flame.

I was hanging out around the main venue at a local cantina, taking in the sights, knocking back a pint or two when this dude caught my eye. He was dressed up in Blood Bowl gear that was about 20 years out of style, he was stark raving mad. A Blood Bowl flagellant in our midst. He was yelling and screaming about the end of times will happen at the final whistle of the final match.. That the Excellence in Execution is actually the harbringer of doom to the old world. The CLPOMB is the stigmta of the dark lords and the sign that our days our numbered.

He then went on a 20 minute rant about the LRB4 to FFB conversion...the injustices of a TV system with no TS to balance it out and then really got the crowd going with a long winded skree on how it is impossible that a 900 LB Ogre could pile on when running at a full sprint blitz move...it is just not possible in a fantasy game.

As I said before....great times at the GLT, bail out of work and head on down and get some spec time in.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2011 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well opening weekend of the main draw and I have gone 2 out of 4 on the picks....Maybe it was a stretch to think the Negras could pull off the turn 16 Defnesive TO and go on a endzone to endzone play to win the match. Although in turn 14 of the match the miracle finish was actually playing out but the Empire was to much for the negras to handle.

The Bigotillos...well they looked like rats in a maze all match long and it was just grim and ugly...Those necros hounded the rats all match long and pounded those gutters, a key for their nice victory.

Well eagerly anticipating the remaining matches.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Excellence in Execution gets a run for their money and can not dispatch the tomb guard until OT. SO much for the decimating the lizards game plan huh?

Maybe the CLPOMB is not all it is cracked up to be?

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Well the Excellence in Execution gets a run for their money and can not dispatch the tomb guard until OT. SO much for the decimating the lizards game plan huh?

The Cas are what ultimately won them the match after giving up the TD against.

The important question is, why didn't the Lizards try to stall 1, maybe 2 turns to apply some time pressure once they had been able to steal the ball?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

They only had two ClawBombers, and one was out after T5. Not a real measure of the effectiveness of the combo, though they still went 4/0/1 on CAS.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Lanterns do fairly well against the claw heavy teams in the Box. I keep saying it, my Lizzies usually find chaos, pact, cd's and nurgle quite easy opponents...but this one was a challenge too far!

Usually I have plenty of blodge to keep the saurii alive and MB to kill the beasts, so this was an interesting challenge.

As Fela said, the cas won the game (though if I'd succeeded those 3 attempts at picking up the ball to score on turn 7/8 first half might have been so very different a result..)

I did consider stalling..but I couldn't see a stall that didn't involve him either getting a blitz on the skink(with a 3+ dodge), or being able to put a tacklezone on it. At that stage, especially in a major, I was already thinking about overtime, there was no way I'd have been able to drag a 5 turn stall out from that position, and I didn't want to burn all my rerolls. As it happened, 1-2 turns would have been simple for him...he took it slowly in the second half because he had the liberty of taking 2 turns. From the kick, against 5 lizardmen with a killer chaos team, he could have easily scored in 3 turns if he'd needed with maybe only one 3+ dodge if I got lucky. I thought the risk of me failing to score at all wasn't worth the gain of potentially forcing him to make a dodge on his drive.

Admittedly, my game plan after I turned the ball over was 1) try and prevent scoring (unlikely), and 2) oneturn with the sidestep or mv9 skink. Had more than 1 KO woken up, I still think I could have oneturned with the 2 skinks and one saurus(given the kick position and quick snap)..that was my only regret, that I didn't take the chance. At the time, I thought a 6+ catch(as part of it) and 2x-2d on a blockclawmb wasn't worth the injury chance for OT..but when he won the catch, that was pretty much game. In retrospect, and it's always easier outside the game, the chance of a skink getting KOed and not coming back was FAR less than the benefits that a lucky 6 and *lots* of 3+ dodges could have brought.

Anyway, Battlelore played well, and I'm reasonably happy with my game too(barring the first half idiot blitz that cost me the td). It was a fun game, and the better coach with the better team won...that's all you can ask for really!
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Some wild games so far, and my predictions are already in tatters with only 3/6 right!

My tip for the champions, Magerit Revengers, were knocked out at the hands of the Crossdressers, and the stats freaks of UTH made hard work of their win over Kislev Larvae. It looks to be a wide open tournament.

With Slann v Chaos Dwarf to play tonight, we are guaranteed to have the great situation of 8 different races making up our quarter finalists.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my picks gained some "steam" and now 4 and 2 on the picks. With my upset special coming through and the Spectator champs licking their wounds this is going to be a great quarter final. Great because it is not all darkelves, orcs, CD's and Woodies.

Iam starting to lean towards the bashers as the favorites for the finals...but I will think on it some more before I make my bold quarterfinal predictions tonight.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Iam starting to lean towards the bashers as the favorites for the finals...but I will think on it some more before I make my bold quarterfinal predictions tonight.

Well, at least wait until after the Slann/CD match before making you prediction. They're scheduled for 23:30 bbtime tonight.
Fela

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Rooting for the Slann all the way.

Not only because they're way cooler, but also to keep them out of the XFL draw Wink.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you have to remeber that Milfords: make my predictions tonight means about 7-9 AM the next day for the vast majority of the FUMBBL community...It takes some time for my carrier pigeons to get the picks posted over that very large ocean.