37 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Sam =) Go rats!

SL
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
The Skaven stat freak one turner will miss the final too after a major injury from a fireball! Plus another Gutter injured. How the rats will weep.

And there key blitzer too. The rats may have made the final, but they come in limping.

Today's semi-final could well determine the GLT champion. Either Azure adds more hardware to the trophy case or WoodBot gets a well deserved first and takes the Lizards from forlorn to adored.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I shall, of course, be in the spectator's stands waving my PONY banner around.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Reisender wrote:
hehe i bet you guys would love winning rats with a dead oneturner

everybody loves dead oneturners

In this case, we'll have to settle for -ST (MNG), which is pretty unfortunate. It is, however, a great opportunity to fire the mouse and get a spanking new 80 k gutter!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
zakatan wrote:
Reisender wrote:

In this case, we'll have to settle for -ST (MNG), which is pretty unfortunate. It is, however, a great opportunity to fire the mouse and get a spanking new 80 k gutter!

he's still a game winner in spite of the -ST. Anyway, he doesn't block that much and when he gets the ball is to score.

The downside is he won't win the GLT final...
Fela

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
zakatan wrote:
Reisender wrote:

he's still a game winner in spite of the -ST. Anyway, he doesn't block that much and when he gets the ball is to score.

Unless Azure loses but takes out all the Saurus Smile
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he meant that, win or lose, that gutter isn't playing.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
blader4411

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That rat is extremely bloated even for a one-turner. Add the fact that MA11 isn't as safe as MA10 + Sprint + Sure Feet, and maybe it would be worth replacing the Gutter Runner, now that his +ST is gone.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

That's what I meant with 'which is pretty unfortunate.'
Sammler_der_Seelen

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i will see what that semi brings and than think about which gutter to fire ,to get a gutter slot free:).Ag 3 gutters sucks too.Surprise Surprise!!! Cool
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Finals is set for Thursday at 2300 BBtime.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill be cheering for dorfs, my favourite race. Burn the rats!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You are undeniably a better man than I Woodstock. I've been cursing Delfs for a year and a half since my Major Finals loss.

On the other hand, Azure won the LAST Major! How could you possibly root for a back-to-back Champion?!

Go RATS!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the finals of the GLT **

The fans are packing the stadium allready in anticipation of the finals match. The Tiny Steel Hammers are looking to claim their second Majors vitory this season and they are looking strong. There is a overwhelming sentiment in the fans today for the underdog skaven to pull the upset. So the Hammers will not be in friendly confins today. All though it seems like false hope as the Hammers have laid out the field at every stage of the tourney so far.

ImageTiny Steel Hammers
VS
ImageGrosse Mause

Hammers come into the match with a gameplan that has worked all tourney long. Slow methodical destruction of their opponeets. No need to mess with the winning formula at this late stage. All the cards are in the Hammers hands for this match. On paper there is no way the Hammers should go down in defeat. BUT they are giving up heavy inducement money so the wizard will be in play. Also the speed of the skaven is allways a concern. If events go sideways on the Hammers in the first match they might be hanging on for dear life and just trying to survive to OT. The best way to lessen the effects of all these variables is to just lay out the skaven scumm early and often. Get the man advantage and walk to the trophy presentation.

The Mause have a uphill climb in this one. It is assumed a grey seer will be hiding in the stands waiting for the right shot. They have to play desperate in this match. Taking risks and trying their best to get a defensive TO with out using the wizard. Hopefully the Horned Rat will smile on his followers and give them some divine armor or something. IF they can get that defensive TO with out using the wizard, get a CAS or two by any means neccesary...well then we got ourselves an upset in the making. They just have to throw everything at the dwarfs right off the bat, roll some dice, and hold out hope for that lucky break or two.

This is either going to be a classic finals match or a ho hum affair that is over by the second half.

Way to many variables in this match to declare the Hammers the outright winner and Iam not going to go against them in this one.

Hammers win the GLT 2-1 and grind the skaven scumm into the pitch. The blow off the LOS in the second half and stall out the game winner and walk over the end line on T16.