27 coaches online • Server time: 01:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Can I use a space marine roster at the NAF GT?

Not at the NAFC, no. Sorry.

But at the WISB it is fine.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry haven't read the entire thread and if someone came up with a GeneStealer team already my apologies,
but since they were my favourite models here's my attempt heavily based on "Alien Films"

0-1 Hive Queen - 1 6 1 10 - Loner, Block, Dodge, Stand Firm Juggerrnaught, Grab, Frenzy, Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Multiple Block, Tentacles, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, TakeRoot, Thick Skull, Spawn, Acid Blood, No Hands, Regeneration - 500k
0-9 Eggs - 1 1 1 3 - Bonehead, Hatch, No Hands - 40k
0-8 FaceHuggers - 10 2 1 5 - Really Stupid, Parasite, Stunty, No Hands - 150k
0-8 GeneStealers - 7 4 4 7 - Wild Animal, Frenzy, Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Acid Blood, Infect/RaiseDead OFAB No Hands - 250k
0-5 Infected Body - 1 3 1 6 - Really Stupid, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Chest Erupt, No Hands - 150k
0-1 Ripley - 8 3 3 8 - Block, Dodge, SideStep, Sure Hands, Iron Woman - 140k

Rerolls = 100k
Wizards = No
Apoths = Yes (Ripley Only)

Some of you will have noticed some new skills
Spawn - the Hive Queen may choose to Spawn instead of using a blitz action producing 1 prone Egg adjacent to Hive Queen, Prone Eggs must GFI twice in order to stand up.

Hatch - If an opposing player is adjacent to an Egg at any time (even in opponents turn) an Egg may choose to Hatch, 1D6 is rolled with no modifiers on a 4+ Egg Hatches producing 1 prone FaceHugger adjacent to Egg, 1-3 and Hatch fails. An hatching egg must roll on the armour and injury table. A player with the Hatch skill may only be fielded if a Hive Queen is also fielded.

Parasite - simular to Stab a FaceHugger may choose to become a Parasite on an opponent, while following all Stab rules, if the opposing player is removed from the pitch the FaceHugger is replaced with a stunned Genestealer. There is no limit to the number of GeneStealers that can be added in this way as long as the team has enough empty positional slots

When a GeneStealer permanently kills an opponent in any way (including fouls and failed dodges) the dead player may be added to the team sheet as an Infected Body, there is no limit to the number of Infected Bodys that may be added to a team in one game as long as the team has enough empty positional slots. GeneStealers must also roll for OFAB and following all OFAB rolls where Ripley is the only player that can be bitten.

Acid Blood - When a player with Acid Blood is Cas'd (Badly Hurt or worse) the player who caused the Cas must roll armour and injury rolls to simulate the possibility of getting covered in acid blood

Chest Erupt - Each turn a player with this skill may roll 1D6, on a roll of 6 a GeneStealer erupts and the infected body is replaced with a prone GeneStealer.

Iron Woman - Ripley has the Iron Man skill when confronted with GeneStealers (either on opponents side or on failed OFAB rolls)

Obviously this team will require extensive new coding to get the new rules to work in the new client.

Hopefully if my maths works the only legal starting team is 1x Hive Queen, 1x Ripley and 9x Eggs, this team really relies on Ripley as the ballcarrier as she's the only player with hands, obviously.

Looking forward to any helpful comments
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis wrote:
Sorry haven't read the entire thread and if someone came up with a GeneStealer team already my apologies,
but since they were my favourite models here's my attempt heavily based on "Alien Films"

Love it but feel the team is massively overpriced.

The Hive Queen should cost around 100k maximum.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2011 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Who dared to mock the glory of the Emperors finest blood bowl champions!!!!!

SPACE MARINES, BRAD BRAAWWWWWLLLLL!!!!!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2011 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Jock. Stop it. You are just being silly now...

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

will space marines be available for L play in FFB?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Ripley needs the Animosity skill, because I don't see her playing in such a team, and if she did, she would probably not be happy about giving them the ball.

Oscar Wilde
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

no one else has hands grod so she can't give them the ball
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis wrote:

What about allowing infected bodies to have hands? Of course they are unlikely to catch the ball, but that is covered by their low agility. Anyway appreciate the effort, keep up the good work!

Oscar Wilde
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
KenThis wrote:

What about allowing infected bodies to have hands? Of course they are unlikely to catch the ball, but that is covered by their low agility. Anyway appreciate the effort, keep up the good work!

that'd be good. Specially when an infected body with the ball and in scoring position suddenly turns into a no-hands genestealer Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

That is an awesome roster Kenthis. Do you have any more film themed rosters knocking about. Like Arnie characters and villians etc...

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm glad you like it garion, i made it up pretty quickly when i saw someone wanted a genestealer team. i loved space crusade growing up it always reminded me of aliens..
i don't have any other film themes but with the right film or theme the rosters kind of write themselves.
just got to concentrate on fluff rather than playabiltiy
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis wrote:
here's my attempt heavily based on "Alien Films"

Love the concept. However, I also have lots of feedback:

I would remove the necessity of fielding a hive queen, and make her way cheaper.
Give everything fewer starting skills and make most things cheaper (unless you want to rule that they can't earn SPPs? That would work, but would remove customization)
Shouldn't parasiting facehuggers generate infected bodies instead of genestealers?

Remove piling on from stealers, and make them cheaper.
Give facehuggers bonehead instead of really stupid.
Give Ripley MA 6 or 7. (perhaps with sprint)
Give eggs titchy

What happens to your roster after a match? The stuff you generate stays; yes? So you lose eggs and gain genestealers after a succesful match.

Everything needs to have skill access defined (unless they can't earn SPPs).
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess after one or two games, you quickly have an awesome side as those eggs start hatching, chests erupting etc? Also, which skill trees can the players access? Also, I presume that Rippley needs the Thrall skill?

Oscar Wilde
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2011 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry the sage but you are missing the point.
the roster was designed as a bit of fun.
it wasn't meant to be playable long term.
the hive queen and ripley are thepoint of the team you want to field both of them always.
you're not supposed to be able to buy genestealers or facehuggers they are supposed to evolve during the game.
if you remember the films when someone gets infected with a facehugger they eventually have an alien jump out of their chest.
whereas aliens sometimes take people back to the nest and stick them to the nest as infected bodies.
if anything i think genestealers need to be more expensive, yes stuff stays after the match but low av should see stuff die and odds of getting new ones hopefully isn't that great so you have to buy more eggs before next match, thats also the reason stuff starts with lots of skills and why the hive queen is so expensive and overpowered.
as for bonehead or really stupid or ma7 for ripley those things don't bother me if they were veer tested tabletop those things could be altered
same for skills access i never dream of having this team run in a league or gain spps but feel free to assign skills access.

one more thing i reckon that there should be some form of cannibal thing happening when a genestealer goes down we've all seen the films and when an alien gets injured the others turn on it pretty quickly
 Jump to: