56 coaches online • Server time: 19:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The storm was brewing at half time. You could see the wall of sand rushing towards the stadium. The wind was howling and you could see lightning popping all over the place in the wall of sand.

Dune Raiders were marching, moving down field. Yorkum on T7 sends a tight spiral pass into the endzone through the 25 mph winds. RAIDERS TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Raiders kick a deep booming kick deep into the other end. The Black Souls have no chance in the storm to get the winning score before the end of regulation and the match goes into OT. During the intermission that was when the storm hit the stadium in full force. 50 MPH gusts of wind. A wall of sand blows over the stadium. The raiders are pumped, this is there type of weather. It was so bad you could not see more than 5 paces down field, the other side of the stadium was just a shadow in the storm.

Suddenly out of the gloom the ref comes running into the dug out.

"Coach the match has been postponed. Go back into the locker room, we will resume tommorow at 23:00 BB time for the OT."

The ref ducks his head and runs across the field to the other dug out but he does not make it. A wall of sand hits him full on, picks him up in the air and he disapears.

The Raiders dug out is enraged! This is our type of weather. A sand storm is a blessing from the old gods, they a behind us. The Raiders storm into the locker room. Rah-Ma is waiting for them as they barge in.

Coach runs up to Rah-Ma, he is enraged.

"What is the hell is going on Rah-Ma? Postponing the match for some sand storm? Un freaking real!"

Coach spits a wad of toabbaco juice on the ground, he has the look of a berserker about to explode

"Well coach this sand storm has already killed 84 fans, they were flayed into bone dust in the upper deck when the wall of sand hit. You cannot see across the field and the players could get killed out there. Plus according to the Tome of NUFFLE it clearly states in section 48.3.68.25.1 sub section 5.236 that weather that poses a danger to players or fans will be postponed. It furthermore states in section 85.42.26.94 that games that are of signigicant meaning, IE playoffs and championships should have the best weather possible.

That is why the match will be postponed until tommorow."

Coaches eyes are glazed over with information overload.Rah-ma turns to leave with his assitants.

"Wait one blasted minute you nit wit. So we have played in snow, in blizzards in the freaking desert of Khemri. Not a word from you about bad weather. Then "we" finally get some favorable weather to give us an advantage and you call the match until the weather blows over? Am I hearing you right Rah-Ma?"

"Coach, fans are dying out there. Were is your humanity man?"

"My Humanity went out the window a long time ago. Life and death is played out on that pitch. I could give a flip about the fans. This is playoffs man! this is life or death."

Rah-ma is taken aback by coach, his rage, his emotion, his passion and his malice are a frontal assault on him. Rah-Ma turns and flees from this demon.

"Thats right Rah-Ma you better run man!!! If we lose this OT Iam going to run you down like a dog and bury you up to your neck in sand and coat your head with honey."

Coach walks back up to the dug out to scan the stadium. The maelstorm of sand is pummiling the stadium. He can hear the cries of death and agony all around him from the fans and he smiles. As he turns to go back into the locker room he looks up and in the corner section were the Raiders hooligans sit they are all still there. They got their sand gear on and are having a party. They see coach looking at him and raise their sabers in a salute. Coach gives them a salute back and heads back in. We cant lose this OT, just cant.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL main page is under construction as Rah-Ma tries to spruce up the place.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Rah-Ma enters the throne room and Tomb King Settra sits on his golden throne with a smile on his face. He is reading some parchement in his hands.

"My King you look happy today. Great news from the front on your campaign in the lands of Lustria?"

"No Rah-Ma, these are the ratings for the KPL's first season, which I might add is not even through yet. According to these reports the KPL is taking off like a brush fire. The Fans are elated and excited. They need and want more KPL action.

According to this. They rate the leagues by how many "views" of their league thread. We are almost at 15,000 and the season is still going. The OBBA for example has only 26,000 and they are on season #18!!!! i could go on and on about how we are crushing them according to this rating system. There are few leagues we have some catch up to do. But give it time Rah-Ma, just give it time. KPL will rise to the zenith of League greatness in time. Some of the leagues on this list, why do they even compete?"

"Well my King not all teams and coaches are fit for the KPL. The competition level is to high. The pressure is to great. They would rather play on sandlots against other coaches they know they can beat inorder to increase their self esteem. It is a rough world in the open Divs, they need a place to come to and get some wins so they do not become despondant."

Settra gives Rah-man that look.

"Very shrewed of you Rah-ma, you know how to cut to the chase of things. i agree all are not cut out for the KPL. But all will eventually give the nod of respect it deserves."

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dune Raiders blow into OT and take down the Black Souls with much hate and malice.

Off to the semi they go.

NUFFLE was displeased with the Black Souls in that OT. He obviously was miffed the match had to be continued at a later time.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Dune Raiders are at the local pub handing out free drinks in VICTORY!!!!

Death to the Necro scumm!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Pain!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomb King Settra is standing on his palace balcony. The rabble have been enflamed by the Dune Raiders victory. He can hear the multitude chanting. DEATH TO THE NECRO!!! DEATH TO THE NECRO!!!! Go home Northern Scumm!!!! Go Home Northern SCUMM!!! Khemri is Supreme and you guys SUCK!!!

"Do you hear them Rah-Ma? the citizens of Khemri have risen up! They are enflamed with national pride."

Settra goes back inside with a pride in his people and is pleased.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Russo walks into the throne room of Tomb King Settra and stands proudly before the King of all Khemri.

"My King I must inform you that I will not be returning to the KPL. I felt it was neccesary to tell you in person. For Iam a man of honor."

Settra looks at Russo and gives him a penetrating gaze.

"Coach Russo I respect that you came forward to me. Most scuttle away and make me find them. I release you from your commitments to the KPL."

One of Settras tomb guards comes over and takes coach Russo's whislte.

"Russo I have heard that before you took up coaching that your were an engineer of some skill and prowess. Is this so?"

"It is my King. In fact Iam looking to go into a venture with a cousin on a big job in the Empire."

"That is no bueno Russo. For the empire of Khemri needs men of your skill. There is a large pyramid project in Ka-Sabar that Iam sure your expert mind could help us with. I will pay you 5 times the contract you and your cousin are getting from that imperial contractor."

Russo is taken back. That would be a fortune of gold. He could finally retire in peace once that contract is done.

"I accept my King. I look forward to serving you in a new capacity."

Settra stands up and approaches Russo. A big smile on his face. Russo takes a step back. He has a very uneasy feeling about this. Suddenly Settra pulls out a dagger and impales Russo right through the chest. A spray of crimson blood splashes over the white marble floor. Russo sinks to his knees and looks up at Settra.

"Why my Lord? I have served faitfully."

"That you have Russo and our contract is still valid. I did you a favor. The jungles of Ka-Sabar are filled with all kinds of nasty diesease and other things that the mortal flesh cannot endure. I have now given you a new life in my service."

Russo lays there dead on the white marble. A few moments later his body rises again. Russo bows to his king and walks out of the Throne room. Destined for far off Ka-Sabar as one of the new formen of construction. Albeit an undead engineer but he is now living the dream in Ka-Sabar.
Do not say that Settra is not kind. Russo should have been crucified at the city gate.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OK guys here is were we stand now.

Season #2 is forming up.

IF you are in the wrong conference please let me know.

KFC: North America 15 are in.
Pallorin
WhatBall
Beerox
Xyon
Synn
Cavetroll
Lorebass
Azure
Honkie
ryanfitz
Mossbeard
SunDevil
miyuso
clemUSA
Khyzanth

NFC: Europe 11 are in with 2 ????
PainState
BillBrasky
pythrr
Stanley
Calcium
Frankenstein
Chimp2010
sonrises
easilyamused
the_cursed_one
Tauro
cowhead ???
Mihme ???

Last edited by PainState on %b %01, %2014 - %23:%Feb; edited 6 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Rah-Ma has thrown up his arms in disgust. He has been working on the KPL main page trying his best to fluff it up.

He needs to keep working on it. So he has the KPL main page back in the vanilla format so all the new coaches who are looking into the KPL do not have to look at the main page under construction.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The stadium erupts in cheers. The place has gone berserk in cheers and stomps. The Overall Top Seeded KPL team the Lybaras Servitors get dominated, beat up and then beat down and then face planted into the pitch.

After the match the fans stream out into the plaza. In the passion of the moment they string up 3 Servitor fans who look like werewolfs. Then then impale them on long pikes and parade through town in celebration with their trophies. "DEATH TO THE NECRO SCUMM!!!!"

What is going on with the Necro's? Did they blow into the playoffs overcofindent? Did they think 2 wolfs would just roughshod over the "field"? Maybe, the power of Khemri is just to much for them to handle when the pressure is on?

So looking at the playoff brackets in the KFC we have the Ka Sabar Conqueors ( Khemri) sitting in the finals waiting on the winner of Bedouin (undead) VS the Sand Poundrs (Khemri)

In the NFC we have the much villafied Nobnibblers (Necro) sitting in the finals waiting for the winner of the Dune Raiders VS Howling Jackles match, both of them Khemri teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So far we have picked up 5 new coaches. 2 Khemri Teams and 3 Vampire teams.

The Vamps are rising up!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
So far we have picked up 5 new coaches. 2 Khemri Teams and 3 Vampire teams.

The Vamps are rising up!!!!

Seems to be a rise in the number of masochists as well Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Settra sits on his golden throne thinking of world domination. When Rah-ma appears

"My King good news from a far away land. Coach Tauro has landed on our shores and is headed to the capital to form up his team."

"Good news indeed."

Settra sits back on his throne and is pleased. They cannot resist my pull. In time they will all come before me begging to get into the KPL.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2014 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a glorious day on a small island across the world in a land down under. He had finally gotten out of Khemri and made it back home. Found a new gig coaching one of the local teams. He would have to get used to playing Blood Bowl with aussie rules but that was fine by him.

Coach paradocks was hanging out in the local pub with his team after a nice 3-1 victory. Finally playing in a sane world he thought to himself.

The door to the pub opens up and a tall stranger walks in. He is covered from head to toe in wrappings of fine silk and gold. He ambles up to the bar and orders a drink.

paradocks spits on the ground. Arabian merchants, I hate those guys. It brought to many memories of Khemri flooding back into his brain. He is brought out of his day dream by a pressence behind him. He turns around and reels back in fear, he falls from his chair.

"A toast to your victory coach paradocks, it was well played."

Settra raises his stein in a mock toast to all the players sitting around rooted in fear.

"You? How?"

"No one can escape me paradocks. There is no hole anywhere in the world you can hide from me. You have displeased me greatly paradocks. My ears still hurt from your parting shots you laid out in that seaside tavern before you sulked away over the ocean."

"King Settra they were not words of malice. Just a coach who was frustrated and beat down. No harm was intended by them."

Settra drains his stein in one gulp and then looks down at Paradocks and approaches. He grabs him by his uniform and lifts him up off the ground by his throat with one arm. paradocks starts banging on his arm trying to realease him from the death grip. Settra looks into his eyes and smiles. paradocks after a minute stops his struggle. Settra drops the body on the ground and leaves the pub. As he turns the corner into the alley that was when the screams began.

It took the city guards and millita 5 hours to stop the rampage of the mysterious wight who appeared in the seaside village. 27 towns folk slain by the undead fiend. They drew and quartered his body and then burned his remains. They then took his bones and crushed them to dust and threw them into the seas.

The ship was far out to sea when the necromancer opened up the chest. Reached in with greedy hands and pulled out his new treasure, a burned skull. He pulls out his cleaning gear and begins to polish and clean his new prize. "You have power inside you, I can feel it. You were born by a powerful foe." He calls on the amethyist winds of magic, they swirl around the skull. After a few moments the empty eyesockets glow with the red power of hate and death.

In the 3rd plane of HELL paradocks is awoken, his soul called back to the prime plane. He looks out into the mortal world once again and all he feels is anger and hunger. He lets out a cry of pain and rage that can be heard through out the 3rd plane of Hell.

Last edited by PainState on %b %01, %2014 - %17:%Feb; edited 4 times in total
 Jump to: