20 coaches online • Server time: 03:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

MrNomad

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tossit-os Fiesta BowlImage
#7 Clemson 3-2-1 (.702) #20 ranked schedule with a .427 factorial
+3 TD +16 casualties (+19 net)
~ The Terrors inherited a SoS that would make most high-school programs look good and looked good against it. The schedule will however drag them just out of reach of the DeadEx invite they so desperately wanted.
vs.
#9 AZ 3-3-3 (.660) #10 ranked schedule with a .787 factorial
+3 TD +6 casualties (+9 net)
~ The chicks end up in what is likely their favorite bowl, any time they can party is a good time by them. Not to mention the plethora of bones that will be surrounding them, expect them to enjoy themselves immensely.

Insert your puns here, as everything else will likely be inserted into the AZ girls. Clemson 1:0 AZ.

-----------------------------------------------------
My only question on SoS is how you consider it so weak when we lost to Cali, Beat Oregon, Oregon St, Army, and tied Nevada and Ohio St. Unless of course you are talking about the schedule before I was playing if so then nothing I can do about it.

But putting a 3 Loss Oregon team that we beat ...As well as an Oregon St team with just 2 wins 3 ties and 2 losses that we also beat ahead of us in the bowl games is adding insult to injury with a dash of salt in the wound.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

its the BCS, we cant have a bowl game without SOME controversy!
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not who you beat, it's how you looked doing it.

Apparently you didn't impress the voters.

moreover, why the hell wouldn't you want to play the pussycats? they stink, really are terrible.
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
It's not who you beat, it's how you looked doing it.

Apparently you didn't impress the voters.

moreover, why the hell wouldn't you want to play the pussycats? they stink, really are terrible.

Let's examine that statement. Going into the final week Clemson is ranked #4 by the RFA. Our final game is against #10 Army. We absolutely destroy them 2-0 with 8 CSs.

Oregon ties...not win and not win convincingly over #12 Ohio St.

Vampy barely beats #25 Navy a 1 win team.

Oregon St. barely beats #24 HSU Jacks another 1 win team who btw had fewer blocks than turns in that game......how do you only have 15 blocks in a 16 turn game?

Now after looking at that how exactly does the RFA drop Clemson 3 spots while handily beating the highest ranked opponent of the 4 listed teams?
somertown

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The RFA is belatedly starting to recognise that it has under-rated Vampy. They're still too low in the standings, but Clemson unsportingly running up the score in its most recent outing is no reason for them remaining above the Commonthralls.

Oregon always ends the season in a top poll position.

So really, your case comes down to whether you should be above or below Oregon St.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
RFAdvantage Bowl Predictions!

The RFA would like to recommend for the second time starting a "Fael Cup Challenge" a King of the hill tourney for those teams left out of the bowl games, or even a 3 round Swiss (the only undebeated team will be the "Fale Champ" . (8 teams not bowl invited! That's a great number!)

I would still like a random 1 tune-up game for non bowl teams, no tourney because it would be too many games, but 1 random game vs another non bowl team would be fun and keep interest but have no award and no worth just a tune up game
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2013 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sorry to inform everyone that bowl week will be delayed a few days since my laptop is, well, ducked up and i have to get a new one tomorrow or thursday at the latest.

I apologize for this inconvenience

Don't drop the soap.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Only more frustrating for you as well, E-C, I'm sure - standing by.

robocoyote wrote:
I would still like a random 1 tune-up game for non bowl teams, no tourney because it would be too many games, but 1 random game vs another non bowl team would be fun and keep interest but have no award and no worth just a tune up game

+1

Toss the dogs a bone, please! Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2013 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome to the College GamePlay show, where we review and preview all of the recent National College Blood Bowl action! The NCBB is wrapping up its 15th season, as bowl week is now upon us. With the campaign coming to a close, let me introduce my partners, former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. Time to cap off another great year, right fellas?

Anthony Killer: It'sss been a fantastic year, and I can't wait to sssee how it endsss Chrisss.

Tyler Brosius: We should have some great bowl games once again.

Fouler: That we should, Tyler. In fact we had one bowl game played already, the lowly McNurgles bowl between Navy and HSU. For those that don't know, the McNurgles is a consolation bowl between the two lowest-rated AQ teams in the nation. True to form, Navy fell 0-3 to HSU yesterday, as the Midskeletonmen were left in the dust by the woodies.

Brosius: The next bowl game on our list is in a sort of predicament, as one of the teams slotted for the game may be shutting down their program. The CSM Gore Diggers had a five-win Non-AQ campaign, but likely won't be playing their bowl game. Their original opponent was the late-joining Florida Rotting Gators, who went 3-3-0. The team slotted to replace CSM in the Wonderbra bowl is the Nippon U Lions, who had a decent 3-4-2 Non-AQ campaign. Neither team has skilled up a ton, but Florida has given three of their warriors block and have the best player in the game: pestigor Emmit Smith. These four players should give them the edge to cap off an unbeaten season, albeit a shorter one than normal.

Killer: The next bowl game on our list isss the Killer Lite Bowl between Arizona and Clemson. Zona went even at 3-3-3 while Clemson joined late and went 3-2-1, and the Terrorsss are likely upset with sssuch a low bowl bid. However thisss also meansss that they have a favorable matchup, and the defensive monster known asss Da'Quan Bitersss could have a field day. I expect a sssolid 2-1 victory for the Terrorsss.

Fouler: In the Tossit-os Fiesta bowl we have a potentially high-scoring affair between the BlackKnights and Univercity of Hawaii. However both teams are in rough shape, as the BlackKnights have been worn down in their final season via attrition, and Hawaii had a terrible finale, banging up the squad and leading to their star thrower leaving the team. Thus both programs will be eager for a shot at redemption, one as they leave the NCBB and one as the prepare for the future.

Brosius: Next up we have the DedEx Orange bowl, which arguably has the best matchup of the entire bowl season: the Vampirebilt Commonthralls vs the Oregon Waterfoul. Vandy hasn't had much success vs Oregon historically, including their head-to-head loss in the Season 13 national championship. However both teams are talented and very well-coached, using a core of six or so good players supported by a bunch of unknowns. It's a close call between the two, but Vandy only having one tackler will likely be their downfall against the Oregon elves.

Killer: The Granddaddy of them all, the Rose Bowl, featuresss two excellent teamsss in the Oregon Ssstate Bereaversss and the Mizzou Tigersss. These two programsss met in last year'sss Fiesta bowl, with Missouri emerging victoriousss despite the beating they took. Thisss rematch could be just asss high-ssscoring, given the amount of talent that both teamsss have. Oregon Ssstate is led on offense by touchdown machine Jordan Poyer, the two-time defending Banger-Hardell winner for being the best offensive player in the nation. However both he and the program have been unable to win either of their bowl gamesss, losing both in overtime. I have a feeling that thisss game will once again need extra time, but the third time will be the charm for the Bereavers.

Brosius: And you knew all about bowl losing streaks, didn't you Anthony?

Killer: *hisses* That I did, Brosius. And I also knew the relief that came with getting the gobo off of your back.

Fouler: Speaking of your alma matter, the National Championship game has the historically-maligned California Golden Lizards trying to stop a historic first in the NCBB: back-to-back titles by the Air Force Baal Kin. No program has managed to repeat yet, but Air Force gets their chance after winning eight contests and getting a forfeit tie in the other. How do these two teams match up guys?

Brosius: I'll cover the loveable losers from Cal, and I'm going to be honest: this team is very fortunate to be in this game. They may have only lost one contest, badly might I add, but they were very underwhelming in several other contests. They got by both Oregon and Clemson and tied Nevada with various fortunate acts of saurii ball-handling. It may be better to be lucky than to be good, but eventually everyone rolls snakes, even lizards.

Killer: For as much as we flaunted Oregon's start to their program back in seasons five through seven, Air Force has gotten off to arguably a better start. After joining season 13 late, they went unbeaten until losing in the Rose Bowl. They completed another perfect regular season by going 6-3-0 before winning the national championship last year, and then went 8-1-0 this year. Basically, they've gone 20-3-1 overall including unbeaten in two and half regular seasons. While not invincible, they are brutally efficient in controlling the tempo and the line-of-scrimmage.

Fouler: Both teams are capable of trading blocks and doing some damage, so can you identify one player for each squad that will be the key to the game?

Killer: While not alwaysss a key player, a big wild card for Air Force could be Baal Ssspeargun, the minotaur with block. If he'sss on hisss game, he could crush sssome ssskinksss or turn the sssaurii flanksss.

Brosius: Senior saurus Jason Gibson isn't the most notable blocker that Cal has, but he could be key to neutralizing the Baal Kin's bull centaurs with his break tackle skills.

Fouler: With that being said, who will end up claiming their program's second national championship?

Brosius: Air Force is one of the few teams that can out-block Cal and their bulls are too dynamic to stop, giving the Baal Kin back-to-back titles with a 2-1 win.

Killer: However Cal is also one of the few teams that Air Force can't straight-up block, and the lizards are significantly faster. It won't be easy, and it may again come down to more luck than skill, but Cal will emerge with an overtime victory in the championship.

Fouler: Split picks, shocking. Still, very good analysis guys. Thank you for joining us here at College GamePlay, brought to you by the Gnome Depot. Bowl season is the best time of the year, so until next time, enjoy the games!

Don't drop the soap.
Honkie

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like a couple...and by couple i mean two homosexuel squirrels with/or without underpants and... 2 to 20 "builder" games against an all Snottling, all niggled, no skills, ogre team

how does that sound?

Beerox, How did your builder games help your team go undefeated?

Also I like that life is not fair and balanced...although next season I will be shooting for the McNurrgles golden arches
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerrox never had builder games he was a midseason replacement his first season
Beerox

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

HEADLINE:
The Baal Kin team airplane has crashed near Colorado Springs. Pilot sabatoge suspected.

The rumor mill is swirling amidst the somewhat tragic death of the entire Air Force Baal Kin team. One thing is certain – at 9:40pm on the ride home from the title game, the Baal Kin team airplane crashed on approach to the Academy, veering into Blodgett Peak. A cockpit explosion is believed to have occurred prior to the impact.

Rumor: There were previous reports that the team’s coach absolutely despised them, simply because they were dwarfs. Coach Beerox had been previously quoted as saying “The only reason I took this job, was because I believe the team to be far too good. Perhaps if I coached them for a while, I could find their weaknesses and finally learn to beat Chaos Dorfs. But with this kind of win percentage, this just hasn’t been a successful experiment. I hate this team.” It is not known whether coach Beerox was on the team plane for the trip home.

Rumor: Sometime in the past month, team pilot Speewak may have been forced by coach Beerox to have his genitals replaced with C4 explosives and a cell phone detonator implant. In an effort to confirm this, a phone call was made to Air Marshall Speewak at 9:39pm. Sadly, the call was not answered.

No bodies have been recovered. All are presumed dead. Search efforts were ongoing at press time.

Update: Good news. A gall bladder has been recovered from the scene, and is in workable condition! However it is not known who it belonged to, what blood type, or even what species. Also…… yeah. No organ donor card.

Update: A 7-year old hiker who witnessed the crash claims to have seen numerous skeletons crawling away from the burning wreckage. Her claims have been dismissed by most, as she is known by area residents to be a crack addict. A crushed coke can, a book of matches, and lots and lots of crack were found in her Dora the Explorer tote bag, so this claim seems to have merit.

More updates to come?
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha nice, will the franchise be revamped?
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

In the labyrinth system deep below Death Valley coach Nomad is reading over some old playbooks and watching old film. He shakes his head slowly and starts to mutter under his breath to himself as he watches the film. "So. Should I break tradition and go with 4 or stick with 3?"
Beerox

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2013 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Baal Kin Update:

Tuesday afternoon, an 87-year old Colorado crackhead witnessed numerous skeletons practicing football at a local park. “It was amazing!” The old bag said with crossed eyes. “They were slow, clumsy, skinny, smelly, and festering. They so reminded me of my dear husband Earl! They stumbled around practicing plays such as the double reverse, the flea fl… holy warthog this is some good crack!” She then lurched forward out of her wheelchair and laid down in the grass. “Mmmmmm... mmm... I love a still day like this, when the cracksmog cloud just settles around your head as you lay motionless. It is so peaceful. Fetch me a diaper?”
 Jump to: