42 coaches online • Server time: 16:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Relezite

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Good write ups, guys!
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2014 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Last match versus Navy Midskeletonmen kinda change everything published at Seriously Injured #120. Let me recap and point a few tidbits out:

MrNomad wrote:
Seriously Injured Issue#120 Preseason part 3

7. UNLZ Communicators

Coach: Kalessin
Race: Norse
Players: 8 Sophomores

UNLZ in their second season comes straight from the Non-AQ into right into the Smack-7 for the first time. Right now they are short a few players but still have some time to go in the recruiting trail and add some new talent to the team. UNLZ went a respectable 3-1-3 last season in the Non-AQ which was good enough for 4th in their conference. They did not go to a bowl being from the Non-AQ but hope to change that this season.

Indeed: we went shopping and brought some new guys to the rooster. Already died one of them: poor unfortunate Tallon II, who failed a gfi early in the match.

Quote:
Strengths: Remember this name Pablito G. (MB, +str) this blitzer is already on some Neely Award list short lists.

I don't know what a Neely Award means, but poor Pablito G. already got a -av. We all know what that mean to norsemen... As he's named after a friend, I'll let him die valiantly on the pitch.

Quote:
Having a pair of players with +agi on the team means the passing game is in play for UNLZ.

Well... actually... later in the match vs. Navy there was ANOTHER failed gfi that resulted in a dead player. Caro Smolka, the second and beloved ag4 norsegirl of the group.

Quote:
Weakness: No ST not sure if this coach prefers not to utilize this key player yet or not but missing out on a potential clapomber and big guy with DP also to make it harder to pass, catch, and handoff seems ashame.

Already hired and leveled Smile

Quote:
No skills on one of the Ulfs could cause him to frenzy out of position and cause an end of turn during key plays.

Oh, no, Valenzuela II (a.k.a. the Unskiled Ulf) loves sitting in the bench while sleeping. He gets ko almost every match. And he rarely comes back into the game.

Quote:
X-factor: What players will coach Kalessin add to the roster before the start of the season is unknown at this time but could ultimately be the biggest x-factor for this team. They have 410k in the war chest but need to recruit at least 3 players. Who they recruit will go a long way in the success or failure of this team this season.

Hired them all, lost three positionals in two matches and no enough money to have all three back... I'll see what I can do Sad
Hayati

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 2 Memphis State Pro Tigers 1

Coach Hayati

A super game that was won in the final turn by Kentucky, with coach Cavetroll outplaying his opponent against inferior luck to ensure that the contest remained competitive throughout.

In the first half Kentucky were able to score slowly after zigzagging a cage down-field. There was still time left for Memphis to tie the score at 1-1; but their key play failed when the AG5 ball carrier surprisingly failed his dodges to score. Half time, 1-0 Kentucky.

In the second half Memphis were able to score very quickly and easily. With lots of time left and with 11 players vs. 8, Kentucky should then have had an easy win- but thanks to superb positional play by coach Cavetroll and strategic use of sidestep, coach Hayati was continually frustrated right to the death! In the final turn the ball carrier had to make a break for it with only two guards and was open to be blitzed; but once again the elves failed their dodges, leaving Kentucky free to score the closing touchdown for the marginal 2-1 victory.

Somehow Kentucky have made it this far without any injuries- and inspired by coach Cavetroll, they now have a side-stepper of their own! Watch out folks!

Best of luck to coach Cavetroll whose team can hopefully start to build after a lot of injuries in their early games.

Coach Cavetroll

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3606666

Different game, same dice, same score, same result. Injuries continue to pile up. If the team makes it through the entire season it will be a miracle.

Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wanna see Norse clear a pitch of DElfs in only 5 Turns & 15 blocks?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3608220

Pro'ly not a record, but it's gotta be close.

AV 8 just ain't what it used to be. Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, only 8 of those were from ME blocking Smile
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

1 was a Pomb, which first requires a successful block (1 of the 15). 1 was a foul, which was still yours.

One (in the middle somewhere) was a RR'd skull to 1d the ballcarrier when you setup a flawed cage, and the last was another self-inflicted, a 1d skull in an attempt to stop the first score.

If you want "to be fair", decline the win, we'll play again. Even 2 outa 3, np. Wink

Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You're really hurt over this game, aren't you? I've already admitted I got better dice than you, even if you think that every event in the game was awesome luck (3+2+2+ to get the ball away from you to the other side of the field?). One foul, 2 KOs from your actions, so 8 from my blocks, which is what I said.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick!

Somebody call the Waambulance!

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hayati wrote:
Kentucky Fried Reptiles 2 Memphis State Pro Tigers 1

Coach Hayati

good write-up

Coach Cavetroll

copy-and-pasted write-up

If you watch this game, then you will see more or less how ALL Memphis Pro Tigers games have gone. Hayati is rather kind with the 'Cavetroll outplaying his opponent' comment, but spot-on with the inferior luck. I feel I played a good game, but not a great game. Hayati also played a good game (as have all my opponents so far), and had the better dice.

While new to coaching elves, I've played against them enough to know this is a recipe for a long season and a lot of pain. I should have chosen dwarves Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
You're really hurt over this game, aren't you?

Nope.

But from your reaction in game and your comments just above I do think you don't really grasp exactly how absurd it was.

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, this whole hobby is about the absurd. Insane, silly Nufflings, you just gotta laugh 'em off. Maybe you can grumble a little about being handed a loss, but only a little.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Bah, this whole hobby is about the absurd. Insane, silly Nufflings, you just gotta laugh 'em off. Maybe you can grumble a little about being handed a loss, but only a little.

It's only funny when it gets spread around fairly evenly. When it's lopsided the same way every time, it gets tiresome. At least my other leagues aren't quite this bad....

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It'll come curling back around, if you give it a little time. Especially with elveseses, they get the best and the worst of it, and you can't predict which it'll be on any given day.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate my elves when I lose and want to change teams. Then I pull out some ridiculous win and fall in love all over again. Only race I have such a love hate relationship with
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

AV7 + elfball.