42 coaches online • Server time: 10:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Like Jimmy I'm guessing it's just the dice-off to see who wins after overtime.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
I paid a lot of money to do this, but got bored with a ferry crossing mission.

There's a big difference between british and american gaming philosophy.

There's a lot of pressure on American game companies to keep moving things along. However this has back fired with SR where that 90s cyberbuzz fluff look would be so cool now, alas they tried to move it along and bodged it.

That game defo sounds cool. Shame though that some coaches are willing to splash out on this and that game, but have never donated a penny or an ounce of time to this site though.

Some just don't get it and leach....cest la vie, maybe the're realise one day.

It's an interesting discussion (though probably not one for this thread. Maybe the Off Topic board?) but cyberpunk is still a cool theme, though hard to execute due to where technology is now. The original cyberpunk stuff was a 80's vision of the 2020s. Now we're nearly there it doesn't fly the same, so I think they had to move it on. I like the transhumanism stuff too that it generally moves into. I'm reading Eclipse Phase (game) at the moment. And Neuromancer.

We still go back and play cyberpunk, but it's hard not to transpose real life tech into the world when your 2020's 'micro' computer is the size of a telephone book and miles less functional than a smartphone.

Also, I love people donating as much as the next man, but you can't really dig at people for paying for other games can you?

I really love that cyberpunk feel. Obviously it's a little short sighted (and it's still happening to base a game on a future that's so near). They could have done it 200 years in the future.

I think the feel's great, the prediction of the future too. I love that they thought the Japanese were going to take over practically everything and have such a big influence. The buzzcuts etc. I think it's shame they lost that. The newer feel isn't anywhere near as pulling to me as the old was one was back in the 90s or now.

As I say, this site really isn't about paying to play, it really isn't. I just find threads where coaches are talking about a kind of rival game and buying that on this forum, When they've never donated a penny to this site and all this whilst there was a badly needed funds drive for Borak............in bad taste. But that's me, I'm probably in the minority.

I get it from new players, I get it from players that really don't have the money spare to pay on gaming. That's most of us at some points in life/year. Yet if that's the case, surely you don't have the money to splash on BB2....right?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Garion wrote:

didnt know they included the penalty shoot out rule thats an old one. bascially you select your players order to take penalties, iirc you roll a dice and add St and Ag to the score to determine if it goes through the posts.

I'd add +1 if the kicking player has Kick.

I'd like to bring the kicker positional back. It'd add a bit of variety. Your 0-12/16 + 10k for kick and called a kicker. It would also bump stunties slightly.

Fluffwise maybe Skaven shouldn't get one.

buzzcuts-razorcuts.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it fluff-appropriate that Skaven don't have kickers?

I started with the LRB6 and have never read any of the old fluff, so please enlighten me.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently their feet aren't good at kicking. Back when teams were given kickers (1988-1994), Skaven were the only race not allowed them (Slann the only non-stunty that weren't allowed throwers, even Dwarfs were allowed throwers).

However..........to confuse things, there was a Skaven kicker model made specifically for this era......

It's neither here nor there really, but they're a strong race anyway. So kick as a skill, yes. Kicker as a positional, no.
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played a few games of BB2 and I like it. Not perfect, but still good. The Bret team is fun and different and worthy of a place. Most of the rule changes are more fringe ones. I'm not yet used to not having to declare a pass action, but then a lot of people tell me I am playing BB wrong if I try to pass.

I played a guy the other day that I suspected was new due to their setup and their love of 1dbs (with Skaven, without block). He typed in chat "If I had your luck all your skinks would be dead by now". I saw this as just frustration; my luck was not great, I was just covering for fails and playing very low risk. A few turns later I just typed a friendly comment that I thought he'd be better off if he didn't play so high risk. He replied that yeah he prob shouldn't be taking so many 1 die blocks. I spent the rest of the second half teaching him how to cage up and screen with his gutter runners. We had a good chat and I told him if he wanted more tips go to fumbbl.com or talk fantasy football. He said thanks and we finished the game. My next game I played an experienced player who is also going to the world cup and we talked about how important it was to help new players and chatted about our experiences so far. The blood bowl reddit sub has never been so active with new players asking for help and advice, and this XBox player thinks the game is awesome:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3nhshc/this_game_is_awesome/

There are over 50,000 PC sales on steam already. That's a lot of new players to be encouraged to join the hobby we love. If we support them and guide them then BB2, regardless of your opinions on the odd rule here and there, could be the best thing to happen to our community for years.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice post Dan.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Reminder for those interested, the Cyanide/Focus Home Interactive Ask Me Anything is supposed to be taking place today at 4pm CET (GMT+2/Server time) at https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA

Go ask them all your questions and hopefully get some answers.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, please keep the language out of it. I've edited this thread more than once already. Thanks!
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3nua1t/we_are_the_team_behind_blood_bowl_2_ask_us/

And it's live.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting, I didn't know about hooligans, what do they do?

look forward to seeing the pdf with all their rule changes in one place

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: (Uredus) What race would you guys, as devs and fans of the game, ideally like to see next?

A: (Cya_Uncleribs) Khemri obviously ! But my current task is to bring one of the most community demanded roster with a brand new visual aspect ribbit.

The skinny space frogs are coming, though they might not be skinny space frogs anymore.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really curious to see their reasons for the changes.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That should answer your question Wink

Although they did say they based it on data they collected, someone then asked them why Orcs got a price increase, they didn't answer Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That should answer your question Wink

Although they did say they based it on data they collected, someone then asked them why Orcs got a price increase, they didn't answer Laughing

Yeah... I also found this gem:

Quote:
The truth is, there's isn't exactly a plan just yet. We definitely aren't going the same route as BB1, but we've all been focusing on finishing the game. Now we're focusing on further polishing the game and working with feedback analytics to improve the overall experience. Of course, if the community continue to support the game we'll work on, and release, more teams (and other content), but we haven't decided how we're going to do that just yet.

The two 'extra' teams that were pre-order bonuses + eventually will be DLC across each platform will be sold separately, and we'll probably keep that up, so you can buy the teams you want and ignore the ones you don't.

Really, all our thought and effort has been put into ensuring that the global BB2 experience is a good one.

So he is basically saying, if you guys give them money for a game that is missing 70% of the content, they'll make the rest of the game and sell it to you as a reward for supporting them?

Sounds legit! Count me in!